samhussey

Personality test

From what i can make out, this is a distilled version of Myers Briggs - if you google Myers Briggs you can probably find a more complete test, and as they go, MB tends to be pretty good. (When I did the full licensed version and read my full profile, it described my relationships down to a T - was quite scary in fact, both good and bad points!!! :P)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

I'm a Go-Getter.

Summary of Go-Getters
--Inventive, resourceful problem solvers with a love of life
--Can be tough-minded when necessary
--Think of themselves as enthusiastic, determined and alert
--May become frustrated by rules and routines

More about Go-Getters
Go-getters are active, flexible people who put a great deal of energy into life. This group prefers learning on the job to quiet study and willingly jumps into almost any situation. Others are attracted to the Go-getter’s positive attitude and enthusiasm.

Go-getters are most likely to say they dislike reading poetry books, according to a UK survey.

Go-getters find fun ways to tackle problems head-on and don’t worry too much about rules. They are good at using logic to assess the situation and finding realistic solutions.

In situations where they can’t use their talents or are unappreciated, Go-getters may reject all routines and put fun ahead of responsibilities. Under extreme stress, Go-getters may become overwhelmed by thinking of all the things that could possibly go wrong.

Go-getters may be liable to forget important dates such as a loved one’s birthday.

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

This is so true; it captured the two very different sides to my personality:

Planner--Facts--Heart--Extrovert=Provider

Summary of Providers
Warm, caring people who value order and tradition
Loyal workers who follow through on commitments
Think of themselves as sympathetic, easy-going and steady
They don't feel comfortable with radical change
More about Providers
Providers like to make plans with other people and then to work with them towards achievable goals in a fun, harmonious environment. They support people that are important to them and respect their individuality.

Provider is the most common personality type for women in the UK, according to a nationwide survey.
Providers have traditional values and support order and responsible behaviour. They enjoy social events, particularly family celebrations, and often help plan them. Providers work hard to avoid conflict, but they will state their beliefs when they think it is suitable.

In situations where they can't use their talents or are unappreciated, Providers may doubt their abilities and focus solely on the needs of other people. Under extreme stress, Providers may withdraw completely and become excessively critical of themselves and others.

Providers prefer warm, face-to-face communication and often express their ideas by telling stories from their own lives.

This part

Under extreme stress, Providers may withdraw completely and become excessively critical of themselves.

is SO true right now. I AM under extreme stress and that's exactly what I do, I cut myself off from contact w/ friends, family and beat myself up over things. The funny thing is I know I'm doing it, but can't seem to stop.

Hopefully after this week, the stress will lighten up some. :P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Summary of Strategists
Quiet, easy-going and intellectually curious
Use logical, objective thinking to find original solutions to problems
Think of themselves as bright, logical and individualistic
May be impractical, forgetting practical issues, such as paying bills or doing the shopping