PhreeZone

Possible Midwest DZ.com event, post if interested

I'm kicking the idea around of organizing some sort of boogie/gathering this spring/early summer. Ideas we've got now are 1) take over a 182 DZ, have them bring in a turbine just for us basically and have lots of nig-noggery or 2) Couple a DZ's boogie with a DZ.com event and try to score some discounts or special perks for being there....

Before I put any more time into this I want to know if there is any interest. Either PM me or post here if either idea sounds good and what state would work best, options are currently open... but leaning towards Indiana or Ohio...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Haven't they turned Indiana into a parking lot yet?

Driving behind the frickin' slow drivers around Dayton makes Ohio feel like parking lot!

But, yeah, I'm all up for a Midwest Boogie! Anywhere, (almost) anytime (damn exam).
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

If I understood correctly there is one being planned for Memorial Day at Perris. We are also planning the Official Unofficial DZ.com Rayford Boogie in NC on April 5-9.

Keep us posted on the plans and maybe I can do that one too.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Yeah.. but I seem to remember only about 10-12 people out of the 2000+ there that actually stuck around at the DZ.com stuff at WFFC... we got so desperate that they even had me and Cajun fly on our bellys to get enough people to break the DZ.com record.:o

And April 5-9 weekend is in Raeford for me anyways... and August 1-10 is WFFC so those are out as dates :P

Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

If I understood correctly there is one being planned for Memorial Day at Perris. We are also planning the Official Unofficial DZ.com Rayford Boogie in NC on April 5-9.

These seem more like DZ.com "gatherings" at Boogies that are going to happen regardless. It would be cool to have an official DZ.com Boogie. I'm interested.

B|

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Cant think of any good dz in Indiana for one, I think you should make it at Hinckley or SGC. You know i'll attend no matter which dz it's at. You still owe me tracking jump coaching!! (And yes, it will be story time soon).:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Those aren't in the Midwest.

A good central location would be nice to have. Dzos that are willing to work with us in making it a DZ.com boogie would be fun, too.

Also, I like Eric's idea of having it at a smaller dz....it's great that he wants to help them out and bring a cool event to other not-as-well-known places. And, that way, dz.commers could really invade the place!

A small dz would be nice, but i was thinking of the people that will be tenting and in need of shower facilities. That's why i suggested Hinckley or SGC. Anyhoo, i'm not about to take on the task of planning anything. Andyman did a fine job of planning last years get together at Hinckely, and i know Phree can plan one just as well. I'll just show up for the fun.

>but i was thinking of the people that will be tenting and in need of shower facilities.

And thats why SGC is'nt the best option, only 2 showers so that leaves a long line and a short supply of hot water (I've been stuck with a cold shower for sleeping in till 9 before)

With better numbers I'll be able to see what options are best. If we only have 6 people anything would work, if there are more intersted... then its a different story.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

If you invade a small DZ, you're pretty much going to have to work with an area hotel - let us invade and get dirt-cheap room prices.

Bad idea...you'll just trash the place.

A small dz on a bigger airport could work.

The dz Eric and I have in mind may work. It is small, but it has national champs and a well-known rw lo living nearby that stop by this dz, the airport has showers (the number is not known as of yet), landing area is nice, packing area is small, people there are great, a great central location for many to meet at (Chicago area doesn't want to go to sgc, sgc doesn't want to go to the chicago area).

This sounds like a very kewl idea. I'd like to take this opportunity to officially nominate B^2 (Betsy) as the "Official dropzone.com event coordinator and hostess." She did such a kickass job in Eloy. She and I had a nice conversation about this very sort of event. She was considering renaming the Eloy Holiday Boogie as an official "dropzone.com Boogie" next time around. She's the hostess with the mostess. Do I hear a second on this nomination?...

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

I didn't say they were in the Midwest...I was just telling you when and where something was planned so far. If what is planned is convenient I'll come if it isn't I won't.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

This sounds like a very kewl idea. I'd like to take this opportunity to officially nominate B^2 (Betsy) as the "Official dropzone.com event coordinator and hostess." She did such a kickass job in Eloy. She and I had a nice conversation about this very sort of event. She was considering renaming the Eloy Holiday Boogie as an official "dropzone.com Boogie" next time around. She's the hostess with the mostess. Do I hear a second on this nomination?...

without doubt or hesitation.
namaste, motherfucker.

'd like to take this opportunity to officially nominate B^2 (Betsy) as the "Official dropzone.com event coordinator and hostess." She did such a kickass job in Eloy. She and I had a nice conversation about this very sort of event. She was considering renaming the Eloy Holiday Boogie as an official "dropzone.com Boogie" next time around. She's the hostess with the mostess. Do I hear a second on this nomination?...

I'll 2nd that!! She must've put in countless hours to make things run so smoothly.

Bad idea...you'll just trash the place.

Are you saying all skydivers are irresponsible and juvenile, and can't be trusted to not tear some place up?
If you try to cram a bunch of people on a small DZ that isn't used to "out of towners" - those same people would destroy that AND have a miserable time
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality