learndontdie

Pictures of YOUR face

That is my husbands shadow taking the picture. He didn't want to let that magic moment pass by.

But you are right. It is disturbing. I mean, he is supposed to be a professional photographer. How amatuer to have that shadow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

That is my husbands shadow taking the picture. He didn't want to let that magic moment pass by.

But you are right. It is disturbing. I mean, he is supposed to be a professional photographer. How amatuer to have that shadow!

:ph34r:...I think I looked at the shadow too long and haloucinated:P...just playing with ya:ph34r:

Very many authors and writers have photographs of themselves on the back cover of their published works. Brian Germain has a large full color photo on his latest book.

I think that using a real photo as an avatar adds a more personal element and/or some sincerity to comments posted, a better indication that the poster is not some nameless, faceless troll.B|

However, if you're specificaly refering to members that change their best avatar photos as often as their socks, then you may be on to something.

-
No 'mericans were harmed during the making of this post.

However, if you're specificaly refering to members that change their best avatar photos as often as their socks, then you may be on to something.

I change mine once a week. It makes it more personal since most times I add in someone that also post here.

Except this one
<--------Cause it's all about me this week:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Why do so many people have a "glamour shot" picture of their face? Just curious. Is this a singles web site or is this for skydivers? Maybe it's for single skydivers!!!

I dont know about you, but I prefer to see who I am actually typing to......

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

That's okay, my comment here now doesn't make sense.

See, I read that this morning and was confused. :D

Learndontdie ~ You look great in your pic. Btw, which one are you?

***I like it when people post their faces as avatars.. so I know what they look like when I run in to them at a boogie or something.

Chaoskitty ~ Hi Kristi! I love seeing people's faces, also, especially my friends. You always look beautiful in your pic, btw. B|

Believe it or not, throughout my WHOLE LIFE until about 1.5 years ago, I used to almost NEVER let people snap pictures of me...not even my own boyfriend! I even used to argue with him or with my family about it. :$

A few years ago, when my best friend died, despite her family having tons of pictures of her, after 10 years of being her closest friend...like a twin sister to her, I had very, very few pictures (only a handful or so) of her with me. It's because I was too shy to take pictures! I told myself that I would NEVER let that happen to my family and close friends, again.

Then, I began to lurk, then post on DZ.com. Now, I've done the least private thing that I could possibly do...post my picture online! I'm not shy to post my pics, anymore. My friends made sure of that. :$

I had very, very few pictures (only a handful or so) of her with me. It's because I was too shy to take pictures! I told myself that I would NEVER let that happen to my family and close friends, again.

While I didn't have the same experience, I too was always the "taker" and not the "takee." I was FAT and ashamed of it. :S I lost a bunch of weight and don't hesitate to jump when someone wants to take my picture.

Be proud! Geek that camera!!!! ;)

Nina

P.S. Now where's that butt picture? :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Why do so many people have a "glamour shot" picture of their face? Just curious. Is this a singles web site or is this for skydivers? Maybe it's for single skydivers!!!

Wha'chu Ta'kin' 'bout Willis!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Who has a "glamour shot" as their avatar? I do recall skymama having one in the past.

LOL..it's not like I went to a studio and had it done, it was just a shot my daughter took of me!

I like the idea of the ass shots. That's what I look at most of the time anyway. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon