Superman32

I HATE CANADA

do I really have to pay that ticket or can I just say FU to those motherfrs?

I'm not a lawyer.

Canada has no jurisdiction to do anything to you here in America as a U.S. citizen.

However, if you don't pay the ticket, I would not advise you to go back to Canada again, because if you go back with an outstanding ticket and are caught, they'll probably take you to jail and make you doubly miserable the next time.

Ok, as I said this was just a way for me to vent my frustrations.
While it sucks because of the huge ticket, I have no problems with having broken the law and have been caught. My problem is with the bastard that obviously targeted my car b/c of my license plates. Once again, I had no other infractions, but I was stopped while many other cars with Quebec licenses were by far exceeding their speed limit.
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

Wel, here's what I know regarding tickets. I know for a fact that New York State has an agreement with Ontario and Quebec that a driving offense by a Quebec or Ontario driver in that state is reported to the province. It DOES appear on your driving record and you will lose the demerit points, and they will send collections after you! I speak from experience on that one. What you said about Canadian cops also applies to NY cops for me... :P

I don't know what the deal is with FLA. You might wanna check it out with you state's DMV. There is an assload of Canadians down there in winter and I wouldn't be surprised if they have a similar agreement. I just don't know if it goes both ways.

Not all the RCMP are bad. I was partying in Kingston once. We got talking to some guy and a couple chicks outside AJ's. In conversation we mentioned that we were Americans and were headed back to Watertown that night. He flips out an RCMP badge and tells us the route to get out of town while avoiding the Sobriety Check points. :D

I guess you missed the big signs coming into the country telling you they are illegal?????

What really gets me is this:

If you have the radar detector why are you going under the speed limit? :P

I had the same happen to me once, in Ontario, with Ontario plates. That is how i found out they really do have radar detector detectors :)

I guess you missed the big signs coming into the country telling you they are illegal?????

What really gets me is this:

If you have the radar detector why are you going under the speed limit?

I had the same happen to me once, in Ontario, with Ontario plates. That is how i found out they really do have radar detector detectors

I completely missed the sign, and as far as going the speed limit, I never really trusted the radar detector because it really depends on how the cop is positioned for it to work. Having the radar detector in the car was just a complete oversight. I had completely forgotten it was even there.
I highly doubt that the guy that stopped me had a detector/ detector simply because he followed me for a very long time( about 4 miles -- 6+ km) which should have been more than enough time to call in my plates.
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

There was a 'story' about radar detectors in Canada, several years ago on '60 Minutes'. They showed a huge stack of the detectors being crushed with a bull-dozer. When you drive in Canada or even another State, you either abide by the laws or face the consequences. Let's say, the 'shoe' was on the other foot and it was a Canadian 'griping' about some U.S. law. What would your 'feelings' be? It's a pretty good idea to check-up on the laws of other countries before visiting. That Canadian cop, was doing his job... enforcing 'his' country's laws. You just gotta suck it up... lesson learned.

Chuck

I have heard that 'some' people are 'overly-obsessed' with putting 'things' in quotation marks on the 'internet'...

-but it's just a 'rumor'. :D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Not all the RCMP are bad. I was partying in Kingston once. We got talking to some guy and a couple chicks outside AJ's. In conversation we mentioned that we were Americans and were headed back to Watertown that night. He flips out an RCMP badge and tells us the route to get out of town while avoiding the Sobriety Check points.

I've been in EMS/RESCUE for about 11 years in a department that is part of the police department, and we work along side police officers, which also includes SWAT. Therefore, its needless to say, I have several friends that are cops. Some are total PRICKS others are really nice guys.

I think I just got stuck with a ASSHOLE.
I hope that he is the exception and not the norm.

BTW, I live in NJ, the rental car had FL plates.
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

The radar detector laws are not managed by the Federal Gov't - it's written by the province through which the the highway runs. I know Ontario is a big no-no prov for use of detectors (made sure to put the V-1 in the trunk when passing through) - but British Columbia is cool with them. Where did you get nailed - was it ON or PQ? So blame the bastards of the province you got nailed in ;)

He flips out an RCMP badge and tells us the route to get out of town while avoiding the Sobriety Check points. :D

Dude! That's so cool! Making it easier for you and your friends to launch your two ton vehicle down the road, endangering everyone who comes near your inebriated path. Awesome. RCMP rocks!

There is only one thing Canada is good for!

TO TAKE A SLOPPY, WET, SMELLY SHIT ON!!!!!!!

What's with the regulated dinks? Pussies can't measure out a shot, you shouldn't have alcohol!!!!
Go Fuck your labat's bear in the solitude of your shitty woods!
Come down to a real country!!
I LOVE the USA and fuck anyone that thinks we are pricks!:P

p.s. I saw sasquash!!

Face first landing YET again! "I thought I flared" Grass tastes great!!!!!

BTW, I live in NJ, the rental car had FL plates.

Not sure about NJ, but I know NY has reciprocal agreements with both Ontario and Quebec, if you don't pay the ticket you may have problems renewing your license when it comes due next. You should not have any problems with insurance, though.

Personally, I have no sympathy for you. Every road border crossing I've seen has numerous signs advising radar detectors are illegal, and that the fines are big.

It takes talent to get a speeding ticket on most highways in Ontario and Quebec. For the most part, the cops just don't care about speeders. I used to drive Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal regularly and averaged 140km/h (85mph) on most trips.

Sorry you were disapointed in Tremblant. I used to love it because it was the best skiing in the east I could get to reasonably easily. Mont St. Anne near Quebec city is also really good.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

.......I LOVE the USA and fuck anyone that thinks we are pricks!

With the statement above and the rest of your post you are proving them correct.....that is being a prick...nice way to represent the US there tough guy.

Sorry...just pointing out the truth. That is the kind of shit that gives our country a bad name.....

I am ashamed to admit im from the US half the time now for the shit that goes on.....>:(
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

My aren't we an intelligent individual. By the way what is a "regulated dink"? Might I suggest that you go back to school and educate yourself a little before you start showing the rest of us what a real ##### you are.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

hmm....based on your post...if a personal attack were allowed, well...let's just say you deserve one.

Posts like yours are one reason why people automatically think those from the US are jerks, etc.

If you are not adult enough to enjoy another country and it's people (rules, regs, cultural differences), don't travel. Each country and it's people have things that are to be valued.

Do not broad brush a country and it's people. Or if you do...don't whine and complain when that broad brush gets applied to you.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

To add to that - out of all of the countries I've visited - US citizens are generally the biggest asses I've encountered. Of course that is a balloon statement, but its just what I've encountered...

The three times I've been to canada were nothing but amazing experinces with granted, different types of people, but nevertheless, very kind and genrenous...

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

US citizens are generally the biggest asses I've encountered.

but only because of McDonald's....

where'd that thong picture go.....ewwwww

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail