grue

Your longest "out" landing?

My buddy who shall remain nameless landed way off on his level 7 AFF jump and we have the video to prove it !!!!

Also he took out two trees with his landing and now has the nickname "the lumberjack" :)
Happily he has only managed something like 4 more outs in 40 more jumps !!! (we're going to buy him a GPS system !!!!):D:D:D

I was one of many who landed out after a bad CASA spot. The only out I could find was next to the Police Station. They were pretty nice about it. They let me pack on their front lawn, and I gave them the name and vehicle description of the guy who spotted the load. It's all about the love.:P
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

The only out I could find was next to the Police Station. They were pretty nice about it. They let me pack on their front lawn, and I gave them the name and vehicle description of the guy who spotted the load. It's all about the love

;)

No really it's OK occificer, I have my 'D License'!!! ;)

Stop Making Sense! ~artist unknown~

About 6 or 7 miles. We were spoting with big puffies every where and had someone new spotting and even the experienced jumpers thought the spot was right but we were on the other side of town :$
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Landed about 6 miles off the DZ while doing CReW.....landed in someone's backyard - didn't notice the horse while I was landing - but he noticed me....the horse ran me over - I ditched the gear and hopped the fence....(*note to self - always check landing areas for livestock*)

The furthest away I ever landed from the DZ was 3 miles. 8 of us from SLand were doing XCountry 8 miles from the DZ. I was the 2nd out of the door, but was first to the ground. All 8 landed uneventfully in a little pasture, where some local rednecks gave us a ride back in their truck.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

I'm not sure how many miles away, all i know is it was damn far. Summerfest last year, our group was the last group out of the DC3. Landed on the other side of the river with Phree and Wildblue. A nice guy in a pick up truck brought us back to the dz.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

:P Eight of us landed 3 miles out after a 8 mile cross country run. Uppers slowed after we checked them before takeoff. 3 of us had cell phones!!!

During the 2002 Texas State Record boogie, we were doing a 6-way with front floater spotting. He climbed out, we took grips, and launched. At breakoff, it was obvious we were gona' be out. Ummhhh, let's see trailers, power lines, fences, horses, canal....ummhhh how about that nice pasture? Oops, horses running everywhere....turn downwind for the muddy field....damn more excited horses...why are they running everywhere?...holy moley a single strand electric fence...horses running towards me...plf, plf...quick, jump up with main...horses vear to left and right and run past...damn, mud and horse#%&* all over me and container...how do I get out of here, gate is locked. Dogs barking...please lady don't let the dogs out...would you mind unlocking the gate? Sorry I scared your horses...yep, there's at least 3 other guys back there. [Passerby stops to ask if I need a lift] Yes thanks. Sorry about the mud and stuff...[that's ok it's an old van] ...walking into hanger one of the packers says ...[hey jim, land off?]

Blue skies,

Jim

A few years ago we landed about 3 miles from the dz in a little cleared out area behind a small neighborhood. Turned out to be right behind one of my best friends from high school's house, and we hadn't seen each other in 15 years!!!! It was quite an unexpected reunion, but coolB|

Lindsey
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I landed at Slumberjay last time I jumped at Spaceland. That's a bit over 2 miles off. Kinda cool till I learned that they're an engineering firm that blows shit up in that big field of theirs that I laned in...glad the worker picked my buddy and I up...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You guys gotta do more CRW!!! Let's see - I believe it was Quincy '98 where we landed 18 miles off (most people landed at a _different_ airport) after the Casa p[lot gave us a downwind jumprun and we were building a big-way so the pilot held a heading.

In small CRW my farthest is probably 7-8 miles off. In an aircraft emergency I landed 10 miles off.

DQ '97 had so many bad spots - I remember one jump the formation wasn't building and all I did from 14,000 feet was try to find the airport. I spotted it in the distance when I was about at 1500 feet. I know we landed 15-20 miles away on some of those skydives as well.

Flying downwind you can go far :-) I prefer to view CRW as touring the countryside and being an ambassador to the neighbors :-)

W

So where is skreamers comment - there is a video here of him exiting 4miles from the DZ (at least thats what the title says - and in the audio someone says he's going the wrong way
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I set out to swoop a cow a while back...
I ended up doing a toe drag on an angus about a mile off the dz....let me tell ya, when you look up and see an angry bull that you have just swooped, and notice that you are jumping a red canopy....well now, that's just exciting!!:P:S:DB|:P

The worst I have had is about 5km off DZ. Ended up having to land in a paddock surrounded by mad horses who gave a good stare whn we walked through their padocks!

I remember being under canopy with nothing but trees below me.....turned towards the DZ only to see how far away it was, landed safely.

From now on I try my best to locate the DZ at some point during freefall, if I am too far away I'll try and dump a little higher to compensate.

Oh yeah the worst thing is when people driving by in their cars past the DZ know you hav landed off target andthen try to make fun of you fo landing such a long way away!

I was one of 3 who landed off on a heli jump, wicked bad spot, winds changed, no penetration, put it down in the bush about a kilometer away right next to a saskatoon bush. I landed, looked over at it, and did the big Calvin and Hobbes Grin. :]
Mmmmmmm Makes a hike back more enjoyable.

If I ventured in the slipstream; Between the via-ducts of your dreams.......could you find me?

....(*note to self - always check landing areas for livestock*)

did you get to see my cow swoop from san marcos. if not i'll show you this weekend. there was like 20 cows packed together in this tight little herd and this skydiver dude in red and yellow with a white fx swooped in and landed right next to them screaming mooo. i kited my canopy running after them screaming mooo, mooo, mooo. i was able to hang for a few steps but then they stampeded away. it was definetly worth the walk across 2 fields and 3 fences to get back to the dz.

levin
grat#40
vSCR#pending

My best one was a 6 or 7 way at Raeford. I was on the inside of the plane and couldn't see. We get out and then every one leaves after we get to the round. I waited till 4K to pull. I only had about 20-30 jumps at the time. I followed 2 other guys into a back yard BBQ with about 12 people there sittin drinkin beer. They were nice enough to give us something to close our containers with and a ride showed up in about 10 minutes. Probably 2 miles out.