RkyMtnHigh

William Brightwell...Gold Coast

I got him some cool skydiving pics to go on the wall and he loved them. Thanks for the idea. Also, speaking of CNN, we were watching it again this morning and they were talking about the Michael Jackson trial and he asked me who Michael Jackson was. He has a lot of memory loss, but it will return. And, who cares if he doesn't know who MJ is; MJ hasn't done anything great since PYT (Pretty Young Thing). ;)
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

William had surgery on his neck today and all went well. They fused C1 to C2 with a rod, 4 screws and ground bone that they took from a notch in his spine. He will be in the hospital for an additional 7-10 days and I will then take him home to continue teaching him how to walk, feed himself, etc. His brain injury is still of concern, but I believe that will heal in time. We are looking at about 10 more months of recovery before we know what we are left with in terms of permanent brain damage. As for the neck, all is stable and he will not lose any flexion or extension but will lose about 20 degrees of lateral movement.
My Pink M

William had surgery Friday to fuse his C1 and C2 vertebraes and is doing remarkably well. He is walking by holding onto my shoulders and is becoming more lucid in his conversations. He still has very little short and long-term memory, but his brain is still bruised and will not completely heal for another few months. A funny little story: He told me how much he loved me and thought it would be a good idea if we got married. I told him, "Babe, I've got a little surprise for you; we already are." After a lot more healing time, I think he will be able to put the pieces together a bit better. He will remain in a neck brace for an additional few months, as well, but the good news is that.......he is coming home tomorrow! He will still need 24-hour care and we have about 10 months of rehab ahead of us, but I feel confident that I can care for him at home. Every doctor that followed William's care from Mobile to Shreveport said he would be in a vegetative state for the rest of his life, but the progress he has made since April 23rd has been nothing short of a miracle. Thank y'all so much for your well wishes and prayers. We are on our way!!
My Pink M

the good news is that.......he is coming home tomorrow! He will still need 24-hour care and we have about 10 months of rehab ahead of us, but I feel confident that I can care for him at home. Every doctor that followed William's care from Mobile to Shreveport said he would be in a vegetative state for the rest of his life, but the progress he has made since April 23rd has been nothing short of a miracle. Thank y'all so much for your well wishes and prayers. We are on our way!!

Absolutely, completely, and totally: AWESOME Laurel!!! :)
Your (and William's of course) strength, devotion and fortitude have been an INSPIRATION to many more than I'm sure you even know. Count me as one of them!

Please, do not hesitate to call on your community ...and this member of it even individually, (criptically, meaning ME ;)) if there is anything at all we can possibly do to be supportive to you both.

<<<<>>>>>, thoughts, and much love to my extended FAMILY members. You keep on keepin' on, and do continue to keep us posted. ...As mentioned, it is an inspiration to more than you know!

Blue Skies,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

He told me how much he loved me and thought it would be a good idea if we got married. I told him, "Babe, I've got a little surprise for you; we already are." After a lot more healing time, I think he will be able to put the pieces together a bit better.

No greater love!!

Every doctor that followed William's care from Mobile to Shreveport said he would be in a vegetative state for the rest of his life, but the progress he has made since April 23rd has been nothing short of a miracle. Thank y'all so much for your well wishes and prayers. We are on our way!!

That's why they call it "practicing" medicine.
You two keep keeping it on!

Be sure that you get sanity breaks for yourself. Even if it's just a little bit of alone time going for an ice cream cone or a nail job. Don't forget to take REALLLY good care of yourself, and let others help you out, so that you get many of those little breaks..
If I were closer, I'd come and give you one every day for a little while.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Any updates? How did the move go?

The move went great. He is eating better and today he woke up so refreshed that we took a walk down the block and went to the dropzone to look around. He knew which exit to take off I-10 and each turn to make before I made them. We plan on taking a few trips to jar his memory more. Today was just absolutely amazing!!!

As for renewing our vows. Ummm, maybe another bikini-clad wedding could be in our future....
My Pink M

thats fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
im glad his lazy ass is finally getting up and doing something.
i hope he remembers how to make camera switches cause mine is goofing, and he needs to get back to work asap.
well take care of my neezie