RkyMtnHigh

William Brightwell...Gold Coast

We are looking into nursing homes for William in the Pensacola area and will transfer him as soon as we find one that will take him.

I'm glad he is doing better!! But the above statement made my blood turn cold. Please look into some other way of careing for him. I have nothing but hatred for nursing homes. There has to be a rehab facility specially for spinal and head injury recovery. I strongly urg you to get him into one of those instead of a nursing home.

again i'm very happy he is doing better. :)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I had a chance to drop by and see William this afternoon. William has showed alot of improvement today, and Laurel and William's family were really happy with the progress that all of the sudden showed up in just one day.

William was concious the whole time I was there, and was moving his hands some. He seemed very aware. Laurel said they were able to sit him in a chair for a while earlier today, and he's been awake for a big portion of the day.

Talking is still very difficult because of the trach, but he was communicating some with hand gestures.

It was very encouraging to see some really solid improvement.

I dropped by to see William today and the greatest thing in the world happened. He gave me the finger! I told him I was sick and tired of hearing about all the cool things he was doing for everyone else and all he would do is lie there when I was in the room. I said, "William, please let me know you can hear and understand me, lift a hand, point a finger or hell just give me the finger if you can". Next thing I know, he's flipping me off! It was not a reflex, it was the real thing. He also hugged Leanne and was feeling up Laurel under her top. Now that's the strong Marine that I know! The best day yet and many more to come.

I dropped by to see William today and the greatest thing in the world happened. He gave me the finger! I told him I was sick and tired of hearing about all the cool things he was doing for everyone else and all he would do is lie there when I was in the room. I said, "William, please let me know you can hear and understand me, lift a hand, point a finger or hell just give me the finger if you can". Next thing I know, he's flipping me off! It was not a reflex, it was the real thing. He also hugged Leanne and was feeling up Laurel under her top. Now that's the strong Marine that I know! The best day yet and many more to come.

:D:D...that'd be our William alright! Great news! Keep it coming....B|

All this great news made my day start off right! Way to go William!!;)

Way to go William! Nothing like a little booty to motivate us guys! Great start to the weekend. :)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

:D:D:D:D thats awsome LOL:D:D
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I dropped by to see William today and the greatest thing in the world happened. He gave me the finger! I told him I was sick and tired of hearing about all the cool things he was doing for everyone else and all he would do is lie there when I was in the room. I said, "William, please let me know you can hear and understand me, lift a hand, point a finger or hell just give me the finger if you can". Next thing I know, he's flipping me off! It was not a reflex, it was the real thing.

:D:D:D I love it!

He also hugged Leanne and was feeling up Laurel under her top.

B| Thank you so much for this post, Mike. Go William! :)

I will be visiting William this afternoon so I may have more to report later on. According to Laurel, he took two assisted steps today and is actually talking, a little slurred, but talking nonetheless. Although it may take some time, I believe he is on his way to a complete recovery.

As of today, he has a Passy valve that enables him to talk and he has been doing a lot of that. His speech is very garbled, but you can understand most of what he says. He seems very aware of his surroundings, who people are and is determined to get up and walk. We had to convince him to please wait for physical therapy to assist him out of the bed. When they arrived, he took two steps whilst being fully assisted in standing. The doctors are doing a final reevaluation to see if he needs surgery on his C1 vertebrae this afternoon. We have a long road ahead of us, but I think William will make a nice recovery. I want to thank each of y'all for your cards, emails, gifts, and phone calls. Your support has been the only thing getting me through this horrific time.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M