ltdiver

1-800-SkyRide teams with Travelocity?

Well, I hope that does not happen. I wish they would just go away. My wife, myself and a friend made our first tandems at ASC over 3 years ago. They ripped us off bad. Looking back, I paid for "extra altitude", and all kinds of BS. It turned out costing us almost $800.00 for 3 tandems with video. Looking back I want to scream!!!
>:(
glad to be here!!

In the original news release check out who the article is published by. Click on the link. (little word, "skydive" in the upper right hand corner).

Any insight into who this is? Writer from "The Open Press" or someone else? < Please don't jump to conclusions and start to rant here. Just wanting some insight into who this might be. >

edit to add....all the 'published by' links on the PR pages have this same ID. Carry on...:P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

In the original news release check out who the article is published by. Click on the link. (little word, "skydive" in the upper right hand corner).

Any insight into who this is? Writer from "The Open Press" or someone else? < Please don't jump to conclusions and start to rant here. Just wanting some insight into who this might be. >

ltdiver

Hard to say...read (or skim quickly, whatever) this article instead - the publisher is the same.

Has anybody checked Travelocity's web site for any correlating news releases? I don't see anything on there about this partnership. www.travelocity.com

As far as I'm concerned, it's all hot air until something concrete shows up. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You know I never really found any good deals on travelocity. I always find the best deals on flights from southwest.com

I've occasionally found good deals on travelocity but southwest.com kicks ass for prices. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Dear Valued Member,

Thank you for writing to Travelocity.

After reading your e-mail describing your disappointment in us, it's
easy to understand why you would question our commitment to quality. It
is clear we let you down in several ways and we sincerely apologize for
the inconvenience.

We regard all customer feedback as a welcome opportunity to improve and
are grateful you took the time to share the details of your recent
experience with us. Although things didn't go very smoothly, the
specific criticisms you provided will help us handle things a little
bit
better the next time.

Regards,
Tony T
Travelocity Customer Service
http://www.travelocity.com/

I wrote to Travelocity and got back this stupid form letter. I'll do one on paper when I get home. [:/]

I'm not convinced that this "open press article" is true. I can't find anywhere on Travelocity.com where it references SkyRide, TotalTrip or anything mentioned there.

If it is or isn't, both Travelocity and the AZ lawsuit will have something more to pin on SkyRide. Misrepresentation in either case. Think they're digging themselves a deeper hole?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

To complain to Travelocity, I suggest FedEx from a business address addressed to the name of various contacts within Travelocity -- that will get it straight to their desks. Since business-to-business FedEx's are much more seriously taken in. A good idea to use business letterhead, if possible -- especially if you are a business contact taking your own business elsewhere from Travelocity.

In theory, I like the idea of reservations through a reputable vacation reservation system such as Expedia, etc. - to help introduce skydiving to more people. As long as they charge EXACT DROPZONE PRICE plus a clearly quoted "travel agent fee" (say, $25). SkyRide is not the right service to partner with for such an idea. I wish it was NOT SkyRide.

If SkyRide can be reformed (Under New Management), it will be many years before the brand can recover, but now is not the time to make SkyRide mainstream.

At this stage, I would complain to Travelocity and be very sternly clear about your dissatisfaction of being associated with SkyRide.

We need a honest replacement for SkyRide, but this isn't it.

If anyone is curious about what the Skyride advert in SkyMall looks like, I've attached a couple photos of the ad. The price is quite surprising!

_Pm

Anyone recognize the skydivers? I'm guessing based on their previous tactics - these images may have been used without proper approval...

The price is quite surprising!

Not a bad deal it seems............but that's the price BEFORE the "Big plane fee" and the "Extra Altitude fee" and the "instructor fee" and the "2 parachutes fee" and the "Gravity machine fee" and the and the and the......................:S:D

The price is quite surprising!

Not a bad deal it seems............but that's the price BEFORE the "Big plane fee" and the "Extra Altitude fee" and the "instructor fee" and the "2 parachutes fee" and the "Gravity machine fee" and the and the and the......................:S:D

And the gas or plane ticket required to get to the DZ where you can actually use the ticket :)