ltdiver

1-800-SkyRide teams with Travelocity?

Ok....now I've seen it all.

http://www.theopenpress.com/index.php?a=press&id=5339

(OPENPRESS) October 28, 2005 -- 1-800-Sky-Ride, the nation’s leading source for adventure sports, is pleased to announce that it is working with Travelocity, a leading online travel site, to offer customers an array of exciting adventures. In early September, Travelocity began offering its customers 1-800-Sky-Ride adventures including hot air balloon rides, hang gliding, and skydiving through its TotalTrip(SM) dynamic packaging shopping engine. Now vacationers can supercharge their holiday plans by including breathtaking adventures at appealing destinations across the nation. And bored business travelers can now spring back to life on the wings of adrenaline-pumping, high-flying adventures.

After an initial phase, 1-800-Sky-Ride will expand its Travelocity offerings to include several other thrilling experiences throughout North America. These include race car driving, bull riding, white water rafting, rock climbing, glider rides, helicopter rides, paint ball, and more.

About 1-800-Sky-Ride

1-800-Sky-Ride is the nation’s leading source for adventure sports. With hundreds of sites constituting its extensive sports network, 1-800-Sky-Ride adventures are conveniently located throughout North America. 1-800-Sky-Ride is committed to superlative customer service in all its sports offerings including skydiving, hot air balloon rides, hang gliding, race car driving, bull riding, white water rafting, rock climbing, glider rides, helicopter rides, paint ball, and more.

About Travelocity
Travelocity is committed to being the traveler’s champion – before, during and after the trip and works hand-in-hand with the world’s most reputable travel providers so that everything about a customer’s booking will be right. And if it’s not, Travelocity guarantees that it will work with its partners to make it right, right away. This customer-driven focus, backed by live 24/7 phone support, great prices and powerful shopping technology has made Travelocity the fifth largest travel agency in the U.S. – booking $4.9 billion in travel in 2004. Based in Southlake, Texas, Travelocity also owns and operates Travelocity BusinessSM, and lastminute.com, a leader in European online travel. Travelocity is owned by Sabre Holdings Corporation (NYSE: TSG), a world leader in travel commerce.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

ummm... so now do we need a "What can we do about Travelocity?" thread?

Just posting the notice so people can see where SkyRide is heading. What they're trying to do with this partnership (should the news release be true) is yet to be revealed.

Possible scenarios:

SkyRide is trying to:

1) Dig in deeper and fight fire with fire

2) Cover their 'sins' with a reputable and successful company

3) Grow larger and encompass more sports and do the same to them as they did to us

or

4) Try and learn good business practices and alter the way they have been doing things in the past, and thus get a favorable and reputable business model going

5) ?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Man, you've gotta be shitting me. can't these fuckers just go away already?

I know this guy....They call him "The Wolf".....He makes problems go away.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

IMO Travelocity is just pimping their name.

Any customers skyride gets thru their new partner will cost skyride a piece of the action and then there's the travelocity customer satisfaction guarentee:D:D:D

Sears among others have been allowing questionable companies use their name for selling stuff like vinyle siding, retro fit windows etc.

The customers think their dealing with Sears but their contract says otherwise.

Buyer beware[:/]

R.I.P.

Send Travelocity the link to the Skyride threads here including the lawsuit and what USPA has said/done. Someone will read it and distance themselves from them. Might take several hundred emails from everyone here but corporations can distance themselves fast when people speak up. Ask Ice T ;)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Skymall has a Skyride advertisement in it as well. I wrote them a letter and told them what I thought of SKYRIDE. I suggest doing the same with Travelocity. A real paper letter in a nice envelope. Rare things nowdays, but they tend to get more credibility.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Will this mean that people will be able to get tandems at reduced prices?

What is Skyride going to do when Travelocity sells a tandem for $20.

:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Will this mean that people will be able to get tandems at reduced prices?

No.. I think the opposite will occur.. :|Unknowing "customers" will pay LOTS more!!!!! The only reduction will be in what skyride tries to pay the dropzones where these jumps eventually have to OCCUR....>:(.
Co-operating dz's who accept these customers,
( and No I will not refer to them as "student skydivers") are fooling themselves into thinking it will help their bottom line.... The fact is, The man off the street will pay more to skyride than most dz's now charge , much more, when all the 'extras' are added . ( perhaps validating a feeling I have had for years... that Tandem Prices need to Go UP^^^^....).. And then .. the staff and instructors and DZO's who are already dedicated and hard working.. will not see that monetary windfall,, which is being siphoned off,, by this so called "service" company..>:(
What is Skyride going to do when Travelocity sells a tandem for $20.

:D[laugh***

.... Question is... what will they Both do... when every reputable skydiving facility in the country engages in a "silent boycott"....:|:P;);), and none of their clientele can get the jump accomplished.....???? could be interesting...:)
jmy

Send Travelocity the link to the Skyride threads here including the lawsuit and what USPA has said/done. Someone will read it and distance themselves from them. Might take several hundred emails from everyone here but corporations can distance themselves fast when people speak up. Ask Ice T ;)

edit: it appears this e-mail does not work
[email protected]

But if you guys send something, remember professional non-threatening e-mails will work better than threats and insults.B|

If you send an Email, Make sure to point out the USPA has decided to disassociate them self from this company and their Owners due to their dishonest business practices. Also point out that they have 100`s of website for non-existent Dropzones, fraudulent and misleading information on their websites and stolen pictures and graphics on those sites.
The story of what they did to Chris Martins Family (I still cannot understand why Criminal Charges have not been filed on that one) should also be included to illustrate the Character of the Business that Travelocity has chosen to associate themselves with.

Keep your letter very professional and just point out the facts. Also let Travelocity know that you will not do business with them as long as they maintain an association with such a corrupt and dishonest organization.

Travelocity is a part of Sabre-Holdings.

Sabre Holdings Corporation
3150 Sabre Drive
Southlake, TX 76092 USA
Tel: 682 605 1000

Travelocity
3150 Sabre Dr.
Southlake, TX 76092
Fax: (817) 785-8004

M. Sam Gilliland
President and Chief Executive Officer

Michael E. Haefner
Senior Vice President,
Human Resources

Jeffery M. Jackson
Executive Vice President and
Chief Financial Officer

Carol A. Kelly
Senior Vice President and
Chief Information Officer

Thomas Klein
Group President, Sabre Airline Solutions

Joan C. Kuehl
Senior Vice President,
Product Development

R. Craig Murphy
Chief Technology Officer

Michelle A. Peluso
Senior Vice President, and President
and Chief Executive Officer, Travelocity

Leslie A. Price
Senior Vice President,
Corporate Communications

David A. Schwarte
Executive Vice President
and General Counsel

Eric J. Speck
Executive Vice President and
Chief Marketing Officer

John S. Stow
Senior Vice President and President,
Sabre Travel Network

From: http://svc.travelocity.com/about/main/0,,TRAVELOCITY:EN|CONTACT_US,00.html#publicity

Their PR is handled by

Vollmer Public Relations
Judy Haveson
E-mail: [email protected]

I sent a message uring them to contact the USPA and Skydive Arizona, as well as a link to Betsy's news article about the lawsuit.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Can't find a real email address for them. The best I could do is the customer service page for Travelocity and lots of phone numbers for Sabre. [:/] I'll send it to Travelocity but I don't think it will go anywhere but someone's recycle bin. :S For those of you that can...........I suggest a paper letter to Sabre's offices.

ltdiver

So - question - what IF we all got together and "posted" an ad in the New York times or USA Today that they were a bunch of liars - and give a researched account of their activities and also details of the lawsuit that is going on right now?

What would happen?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

and Sabre is owned by American Airlines

Well... I found this on the Sabre-Holdings site:

"Sabre Holdings is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TSG"

American may own a lot of shares, but it is a publically traded company.

ltdiver

So - question - what IF we all got together and "posted" an ad in the New York times or USA Today that they were a bunch of liars - and give a researched account of their activities and also details of the lawsuit that is going on right now?

What would happen?

I suspect a lawsuit for defamation....the truth of it woud be up to the judge/jury.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

probably some of these things:

1. no one would care
2. you'd risk sullying the name of skydiving
3. no publicity is bad pubicity - you're only helping to imprint the brand into people's heads
4. you'd probably be staring down the barrel of a defamation lawsuit. You might feel you have perfectly good justification for saying what you say, and truth is a defence to defamation suits - but if they chuck enough shit at you theres always a chance some of it will stick.