AggieDave

Post your motorcycle

Nice Vulcan, Dave. I like the direction you're going in. The side mount plate and no front fender is nice. With those bars you need to throw a solo seat on there (unless there's a girl involved), some forward controls, and maybe some low profile or grip-mounted mirrors.

Here's my 2004 1500 Vulcan. All stock except for some bolt on stuff, and I dished the seat out. I wanted to ride it a year and get a feel for it before I started really tearing into it. Next comes mini-apes, new cables, intake and exhaust. Possibly new fenders, and I'm toying with the idea of lowering it an inch or two. I'm not real big on the twisties (it's a cruiser, afterall) so I don't mind possibly losing a little bit of clearance.

If you haven't already, stop by kawasakimotorcycle.org There are some really great kawasaki forums on that site.

Anyhow...it's great to see a resurgence of folks customizing metrics.

Mike

With those bars you need to throw a solo seat on there (unless there's a girl involved), some forward controls, and maybe some low profile or grip-mounted mirrors.

Funny you should say that, I spent a couple of hours today calling around trying to find a solo seat pan at a reasonable price to get done up nice and thin at a local shop. Found one at a good price made specifically for my bike. As for the mirrors, they're on my list, but I just haven't quite found the ones I like. Although I might do a single mirror on the left vertical bar.

The forward controls will be done once I get my metal working tools back in order. Living where I do now, I don't have a place for them, so they're in storage.[:/]

Here's my 2004 1500 Vulcan. All stock except for some bolt on stuff, and I dished the seat out. I wanted to ride it a year and get a feel for it before I started really tearing into it. Next comes mini-apes, new cables, intake and exhaust. Possibly new fenders, and I'm toying with the idea of lowering it an inch or two. I'm not real big on the twisties (it's a cruiser, afterall) so I don't mind possibly losing a little bit of clearance.

Looks good man! If you want, I can PM you some sites with cool and price effective parts. Oh, btw, to put standard "harley" grips on your bike, all you have to do is take your left grip off and cut the spot welds on the bung with the threads. Once you take it apart it'll make sense.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i remember the dancing around the subject threads. sure ill post up.

might make a trip down to aggieland on it this summer. ;)

havent done much except change the sprockets to -1 up front and +2 in the rear. more low end tourque.

My scooter

its an 03 600cc and ive got this many miles now.

Mileage

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

My pride(s) and joy... both "toys" are currently missing pieces since I haven't had time in the past few months to fix them, though :S

Looking to replace the bike with a CBR600RR this spring.

dude if thats a Lotus Elise............I hate you!!!:|

I'v been doing some research and Am really liking the Kawi Ninja 650R over the SV650. If Suzuki would make the SV with a full body work instead of that ugly S model i'd be all over it!! I love the sound of sport V-Twins. I got the chance to hear a piped RC51 and an 03 Honda VFR800 a week ago and holy hell thats nice!! I like the idea of sport touring and the VFR seems like a great way to do it but still be able to have fun on the twisties.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

1984 Yamaha 650. It's big, it's ugly, it's heavy, it runs and rides great.

It got new tires since the pic was taken.

Nothing wrong with a Yamaha 650, hell that's what I ride (see pics in earlier post)... some of that big and ugly can be removed though...;)
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Been posted before but this is Gina a Classic good looking ItalianB|B|
1979, SP1, CAFE'd with 36mm Del Orto pumpers, readsets and oon to have bigger valves and a P# (B10) Cam, to make her a noisy old Italian:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?