dixieskydiver

American Idol

That's because Nashville has tons of people who can sing circles around the American Idol people! The sad part is that in Nashville, I know more people who are painters or construction workers who are waiting for their big break! People just don't realize how much talent there is in this town.

Remember the song lyrics of Lullaby by Shawn Mullins:

I told her I ain't so sure about this place
It's hard to play a gig in this town
And keep a straight face
Seems like everybody's got a plan
It's kind of like Nashville with a tan.

So true! In the future they should get everyone from here! B|

All right.... I'm sick of all the whiner's pining away for Chris "Goat Boy Vibrato" Daughtry!

He lost, now get the hell over it! The only American Idols who's music I would ever buy is Taylor, so I think this was a good season. Just so the producers don't totally hose his style.

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Walt, I agree. I had a feeling they'd go with the purdy girl vs, elleeeeuut. I watched, and found him to be a little better that I've given credit.

He's really pretty good with the bluesy stuff. Maybe I'm just strange, but I could actually *hear* him getting away with *singing* a Stevie Ray Vaughn song..something about his vibrato.

I can't believe a watched it again.

So much for my boycott. Dammit.

is

I just want to know if they voted?

Do any of us vote? Or do we just bitch? I didn't vote...but things are going my way...Go Taylor!:)

Bobbi

Hell no, I don't vote. I cheer my favorites on and make fun of the others.

It's like watching wrestling!

Walt

Ya know, if you believe the percentages they gave of the 50,000,000 votes, it breaks down thus:
:P

Elliot: 33.06% = 16,530,000 votes
Katherine: 33.26% = 16,630,000 votes
Taylor: 33.68% = 16,840,000 votes

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Yeah...theres just something about spending $ on a phone call to a show that just makes me cringe...though i just might do it during the last show.

It's a toll free number you twit.:ph34r:;)

Chris

Elliot: 33.06% = 16,530,000 votes
Katherine: 33.26% = 16,630,000 votes
Taylor: 33.68% = 16,840,000 votes

That is, if Taylor was the top vote getter.

Did I miss that? All I saw was that Elliot was 3rd.

It's called projecting....:P:P:P:P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Please refrain from jokes, this is serious:P

I'm wondering what time the west coasters see American Idol???

We watch it live at 8 p.m. EST. So, if they watch it live, it's only 5 p.m.??? NOBODY would be home to see it in time:S So, do they not get to watch it live?

If they watch it later, then how does the voting work as far as you're only supposed to get 2 hours after the show.

And also if they watch it later, how do they not get a spoiler as to the outcome before they see it???

This has been plaguing me. And now that I've typed it all out I realize I could have/should have checked idol.com and the answers would probably be there, but I'm very busy. So help me out here, folks;)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I *think* on the west coast, they air the show during regular prime time, so it isn't live but they still get their two hours to vote after the show airs. And yes, they can get the spoilers just by going to the "nut job" website. :P

Go Tayla (yes, I meant to spell it that way. That's how Simon always says it;))

I would totally sport a "Soul Power" T-shirt if I had one:P

My review:

McPhee--I like her first song better this time than the first time she sang it. Her ego is soaring through the roof though and I find that annoying. But her daddy is SO cute:(:P Her second song "Over the Rainbow" *yawn* was also much better than the first time she utterly oversang it. Her third song royally sucked, pardon my french (and I can't BELIEVE none of the judges mentioned how off key/pitch she was>:():P

Taylor's first song was fabulous, second song fabulous, third song FAB-U-LOUS! Neither of the contestants' last songs were well-written/orchestrated but Taylor REALLY made the most of his.

Soul Power, bayba:P

I have to say that I just don't like Taylor. He has heart but not much talent and he knows how to work it better than she does.

Now, all that said, Taylor is as good as he will ever be while Mcphee will get better at everything just because she has more base talent. IMHO

Taylor made the bubble-gum music producers of American Idol sound good with that last song.

Although, now I am afraid they will take him in the TOTALLY wrong direction. It seems like they have a bunch of business analysts sitting around figuring out which notes in a song sell better. There is no respect for artistic integrity in the crap they write for the AI contestents.

Oh well.... There's always hope, I guess.

Zipp0

I have no idea who they have writing those SUCK ASS songs for the finalists, but they are clearly targeting the "american top-40" genre....Ugh. Kat's song was incredibly bad. Taylor's might at least make some money.

Anyone remember that horribly bad song they wrote for Bo last year? I wanted to smash the TV.

I think Taylor is going to win, but I don't think he's going to make any money. Kind of like that fat-ass Ruben!

Chuck

GreekOne- I pretty much agree with your post!

Last night was sooooo stacked against Kat- in true American Idol fashion, by the time finale night rolls around, they've decided on their winner and the would be runner up gets pretty much screwed. I kind of don't get it since they stand to make so much more money off of her, but they pimped Taylor. He got the glory slot, a song written FOR him to sing and everyone completely overlooked the fact that his voice was pretty much shot after his first song and he couldn't hit any high notes. (Kind of like last week- good thing for him the competition is almost over. It will be interesting to see how he performs tonight.) Kat, on the other had, had to go first, got ripped on for no good reason after the first song, well deserved props for her second, then got saddled with an awful number for her debut "single"! I like her and I tried to like that song, but it just wasn't possible, and I do think it was the song and not her.

Taylor's OK, and I actually like his voice when he stands still and sings something within his somewhat limited range. But the "dancing" and other antics? Ugh! He's a chubby grey haired man acting like a hyperactive child! Soul patrol my a$$!

Whatever- as TWOP said in their recap- American Idol will get the idol they deserve. They pimped him and crowned him, and he'll sell about as many CDs as Ruben. Good for them! I just hope they don't "DeGarmo" McPhee because she deserves better.

:D

I'm not a fan of the after-AI songs they have to sing either.

But greekone---Taylor no talent? You're :S. And McPhee's talent's all ass;) OK, she's beautiful and really does have *potential*. I think I'm the only one who hears how off pitch and awful she sounds on any high run.[:/]

I think I'm the only one who hears how off pitch and awful she sounds on any high run.[:/]

No, you're not.

Here's the thing: Taylor could sell lots of records, but they will not market/produce him correctly. His record should be soulful and rock/blues inspired, not bubble-gum pop inspired, which is where they will take it.

And for those of you who choose to define an artist by how much money they make for FOX or RCA, I'd say that you have a pretty shallow view of artistry. Many great artists, musical or otherwise, didn't have mass market appeal - but that does not mean they were not gifted or special. Did everyone love Hendrix, Dylan, or Stevie Ray Vaughan? No. Were they superb artists? Most experts say yes.

Zipp0