dixieskydiver

American Idol

I've read and heard where Chris has had several offers. The guy is definately going places.

For those who'd like to preview Chris' upcoming career can pick up Absent Element's CD from last year at their website for $7.

Just got it in the mail a few days ago. Solid alternative metal, a tad derivative but some unique lyrics, riffs, and timing to keep it interesting. All-in-all not that bad actually. Very listenable. The guy's a talented front man no doubt.
Ohne Liebe sind wir nichts

I've read and heard where Chris has had several offers. The guy is definately going places.

For those who'd like to preview Chris' upcoming career can pick up Absent Element's CD from last year at their website for $7.

Just got it in the mail a few days ago. Solid alternative metal, a tad derivative but some unique lyrics, riffs, and timing to keep it interesting. All-in-all not that bad actually. Very listenable. The guy's a talented front man no doubt.

The guy, definately has talent! I'm not much into alternative. Mostly blues, Southern Rock, country, rock & roll.
By the way... thank you, for your time in the Army! Be safe.

Chuck

First, big vibes going out to scaryshari. I understand. I needed vibes when my sweet Mandisa went.:(

Second, I was voting for Chris to win this thing. I was as shocked as everyone else. But, on the bright side, like others said; he will have a great career!

Now, I'm putting all my support (which is basically nothing:P) behind Elliott. I think he has worked his ass off for this competition and he has upped his game consistently. I think winning Idol would open doors for him that are probably already open for Taylor and Chris.

Chris

Chris is probably contracted to Idol for much longer than the tour- at least 2 years during which Idol will have first refusal and approval rights (plus a piece of the profits) over any contract he signs. If you think he'll have absolute freedom to do whatever he pleases in the music industry once the tour is over, you are being very naive. When all the Corey Clark BS came out last year, one of the few things I really DID believe was that Idol interfered with (sabotaged?) his career after he was booted off the show. Don't get me wrong- I think the guy is a thug, but I believed that part of his story. The finalists sign very restrictive contracts which have only gotten more unbreakable after a lawyer was able to help Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken to get out of theirs.

And that's not to say Chris won't have opportunities, but it won't be that simple.

Muenk, thanks for the vibes. I'm traumatized.

I did hear about the offer from Fuel. Good fit. It'll be good to hear him on the airwaves. I WOULD BUY HIS MUSIC.

I'd never buy music by kat or ellllleeeeeeeeutttt.

crap...I'm about to go on a rant.

I'll behave.

is

Muenk, thanks for the vibes. I'm traumatized.

I did hear about the offer from Fuel. Good fit. It'll be good to hear him on the airwaves. I WOULD BUY HIS MUSIC.

I'd never buy music by kat or ellllleeeeeeeeutttt.

crap...I'm about to go on a rant.

I'll behave.

That's it... let it out... just let it out. We're here for you.

Chuck

Yup...Katherine does well at "Broadway" songs. Elliott seemed to have a GREAT time. But after last week...I'm waiting for tomorrow for judgement calls. ;)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Taylor! All the way! That guy did a heckuva job on Springsteen's 'Dancin' in the Dark'!!!

Katherine would be good doing off-Broadway.

Elliott? Ho-hum.

Chuck

Taylor nailed the first round. I don't like Springsteen's music, but he really lit that song up! Randy Jackson picked a bad song for him on the second round. He smoked the 3rd. He's winnin' the prize for sure.

Katherine found her niche tonight, I think. She is a totally awesome 1940's big band singer. I don't mean that sarcastically at all--she really is good at that genre.

Elliot is toast.

Walt

Taylor! All the way! That guy did a heckuva job on Springsteen's 'Dancin' in the Dark'!!!

Katherine would be good doing off-Broadway.

Elliott? Ho-hum.

Chuck

Taylor nailed the first round. I don't like Springsteen's music, but he really lit that song up! Randy Jackson picked a bad song for him on the second round. He smoked the 3rd. He's winnin' the prize for sure.

Katherine found her niche tonight, I think. She is a totally awesome 1940's big band singer. I don't mean that sarcastically at all--she really is good at that genre.

Elliot is toast.

Walt

Katherine, I think, lacks 'feeling'. Elliott, aw hell, nevermind!
Taysor ahs got to win! He did a dang good job on all 3 songs, I think. We'll know more tomorrow.

Chuck

Yup...Katherine does well at "Broadway" songs. Elliott seemed to have a GREAT time. But after last week...I'm waiting for tomorrow for judgement calls. ;)

Taylor, makes the other two look like 'share-croppers' in comparison!

Chuck

Although i don't think any of the contestants and i'm talking about from the beginng can even come close to holding a candle to any of the contestants on the Nashville Star program.

Everyone of those contestants can sing circles around any of the American Idiots.

But this week it saddens my heart to announce that i believe that Taylor {the rooster on crack) will not be voted off.

I thought the first guy who i also think is always been so bad that i can't ever remember his name......well maybe it is the years of drugs.

But i thought he started off really good, even though i thought he was sucking ass by singing a Journey song, which by the way for those of you who don't know, Randy, "The Judge" is the former bass player for Journey.

After his first song he went down hill.

Now the girl who i also think looks really hot, i thought she started off slow, but then hit it out of the park with "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".

But i agree with Simon that, that should have been her 3rd song and not 2nd. A lot of people hate Simon and think he's rude, but i think he's right on the mark. He tells it like it is....whether you like it or not.

And you have to remember that it is HIS record company that is giving the record deal to whoever wins, so he has his money where his mouth is and has a different perspective on things than Randy or Paula.

When Taylor started and i seen it was a Bruce Springstein song, i thought NO WAY, but actually he did pretty good, just as he did with the Joe Cocker tune and the Otis Redding song, but i still think they need to put a net on his ass when he sings.

I'm 53 and i just don't see a guy who's hair is grayer than mine being the American Idiot.

My bet is that the skinny guy gets voted off this week. (i'll remember his name later)

Katherine singing Over the Rainbow (one of my favorite songs when sung well) was surperb...Elliot will be voted off...I hope...sorry just can't like him for some reason...Taylors version of Bruces song was great...sounded alot like Bruce....his Otis Redding song kinda sucked...but I am not a fan of that particular song.....

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Katherine singing Over the Rainbow (one of my favorite songs when sung well) was surperb...Elliot will be voted off...I hope...sorry just can't like him for some reason...Taylors version of Bruces song was great...sounded alot like Bruce....his Otis Redding song kinda sucked...but I am not a fan of that particular song.....

I was really surprised that Katherine, didn't sing 'Tomorrow' from Annie! She and Elliott are boring! All of Elliott's stuff sounds alike. Elliott would do well entertaining at retirement villages!What's with Katherine sitting on the floor while she sings?
Taylor has got to win! The guy really feels his music and entertains. The guy has it all!

Chuck

Bobbi

My review:P:

I'm about to flip my shit over the judges this season. In nearly every instance in previous seasons I felt Simon was dead-on. Randy was always "aaight" and Paula gave her usual encouragement.

However, I have never disagreed with Simon so much as this season. Paula is off her rocker and I'm beginning to think Randy is on his way there, too. Blue glasses? Pointing the finger over and over and over? And if I hear "dog pound" one more....that moment has passed.

So, with that said:

Taylor was BY FAR my favorite. Contrary to Simon, I LOVED his Bruce Springstein. His second song I liked, but watching him? All I could think of was Gotta go. Gotta go. Gotta go right now.:D B/c standing so still but half-bent over and that constipated look on his face....well...you understand. But, I still LOVED him. And his third performance was FABULOUS! Again, Simon way off in regard to Taylor's ending. It was GREAT! Tayla (that's how I say it) is a real performer and has a great set-o-pipes.

Ellllliiiiiooooooot: He was good. He can definitely sing. Simon saying his song choices would NOT get him through to the next round really made me >:(. I thought they were great. I don't think the audience needs to have known the song so much. Sometimes, it's the ones the audience knows really well that are the swan song for the contestants. And Elliot's last song? I LOVED how he said "My name is Elliot Yamin" in the middle of the song. LOVED that!

Katherine McPhagetabouther: I'm over the Phever. She was not at all humble or graceful in her response to the judges critiques. Her first song--something about when she belts the notes always sounds so wrong to me. And she ALWAYS overdoes it which drives me nuts. I COULD NOT BELIEVE SIMON SAID HER SECOND PERFORMANCE WAS THE BEST OF THE SEASON!>:( He must have been sleeping during nearly EVERY Daughtry performance. All I can say about the second song is: YAWN! By her third song it hit me. She belongs on broadway--not the top of the charts.

And that concludes my review:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I thought, you gave a good critique! I don't care what Walt says!:D
Just saw an item on Good morning America where Simon said that he feels strongly that Taylor will win all the marbles!
Elliott and Katherine should never have gone past the first audition. I think, they are both boring!
Taylor kinda has those Joe Cocker/Elaine(Seinfeld) moves and is just really entertaining. The guy can definately sing.

Chuck

I liked when Katherine said..."But I didn't choose the song!"

I think the "contest" is somewhat unfair when it comes to what they MAKE everyone sing...some can't sing certain types of music.....though when they chose their own song last night...I think they could have chose something better.:S

Fuck...move over Randy, Paula, Simon...Carrie, Chuck and I will be judges next season...trust me when I say that I can dance waaaaaay better then Paula!;)

Bobbi

He used to stalk me Carrie...not so much any more...don't make any sudden movements and don't be mean to him and he should go away in awhile.:D One good point though...he will "watch your back" when push comes to shove.

Bobbi