dixieskydiver

American Idol

I liked when Katherine said..."But I didn't choose the song!"

I think the "contest" is somewhat unfair when it comes to what they MAKE everyone sing...some can't sing certain types of music.....though when they chose their own song last night...I think they could have chose something better.:S

Fuck...move over Randy, Paula, Simon...Carrie, Chuck and I will be judges next season...trust me when I say that I can dance waaaaaay better then Paula!;)

Bobbi

I agree with you! I think, the contestants should be allowed more in-put as to what they sing!
Yo-yo, dog! I'm ready for it! Hell, we couldn't do any worse than them. :D
I don't know if, this old heart could handle being between two gorgeous women! (Oh, God! i'm starting to sound like Walt!:D) What the heck! You only go around once in life so... :D

Chuck

OK, seriously Walt. It was edited b/f you posted.

Your stalking is starting to creep me out:P

And yet it's also strangely comforting:D;):P

It must have been edited more or less simultaneously because I didn't type in anything on your quote.

Think of me as a grammar AAD--I'm here as a backup.

Walt

He used to stalk me Carrie...not so much any more...don't make any sudden movements and don't be mean to him and he should go away in awhile.:D One good point though...he will "watch your back" when push comes to shove.

Bobbi

Oh shutup!!! Just because I haven't violated that restraining order lately doesn't mean I don't think about you all the time.:)
Walt

I thought that the Joe Cocker song was perfect for Taylor, and I prefer seeing him do those kinds of songs. He stands still, and you can see him focus on the music. The Bruce song was good, but I wish he would have done "Thunder Road". That song would fit his voice perfectly, and it's truly a classic.

Kat was excellent on "Somewhere over...." but that song has been done to death. Her other 2 songs were fair.

Elliot was just OK, but not as good as last week. He came a long way over the course of the competition, but he might be going home tonight.

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

"I thought that the Joe Cocker song was perfect for Taylor, and I prefer seeing him do those kinds of songs."

Yeah but since they only perform a smidge of the entire song...Taylors version consisted of just two lines sung over and over....theres so much more to that song that he could have picked a different verse to show his range.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

"I thought that the Joe Cocker song was perfect for Taylor, and I prefer seeing him do those kinds of songs."

Yeah but since they only perform a smidge of the entire song...Taylors version consisted of just two lines sung over and over....theres so much more to that song that he could have picked a different verse to show his range.

Bobbi

I agree. But then again, some of the most popular/favorite songs are lyrics repeated over and over and over na over and....

And I think "I get by with a little help form my friends" would have been a slightly better choice.

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

"Yo-yo, dog!"

How fucking old is Randy!!?? His whole vocab really irritates me.. he has to be older then thirty...he said that he was in the group Journey, which surprised the piss out of me.

Bobbi

Lessee here... Journey was 'big' in the 80's so... times 3, carry the 5 I'd say, he's gotta be pushin' mid to late 40's.?
He's trying to sound 'with-it', hip you know. Sheesh![:/] I kinda like Randy, he's pretty cool. The one who Reeeeaalllly has to go, besides Elliott and Katherine, is Seacrest! What a jerk! In an interview I saw with Simon, Simon said that; "If, Seacrest could marry himself... he would!" Now, that is what I'd call conceited.
I haven't noticed... has Walt realized yet that I've been pickin' on him?:D

Chuck

"If, Seacrest could marry himself... he would!" Now, that is what I'd call conceited.

Chuck

Seacrest does seem like a dick.

And no, I hadn't noticed you've been pickin' on me 'cuz I've been too busy fending off attacks from Bobbi and Carrie!

Walt

Bobbi

I agree! There should've been a tad more gravel in his voice and hit the really high note at the end! that woul've cinched it. But, yo - yo, dog, he's still in the dog-house!

Chuck

"If, Seacrest could marry himself... he would!" Now, that is what I'd call conceited.

Chuck

And no, I hadn't noticed you've been pickin' on me 'cuz I've been too busy fending off attacks from Bobbi and Carrie!

Walt

Fer sher! The guy is frickin' arrogant an stuck on himself. He's always startin' shit with Simon! I think, he's secretly got a crush on Simon. Besides, I think, Seacrest secretly collects rainbow stickers.

Chuck

I don't know if, this old heart could handle being between two gorgeous women! (Oh, God! i'm starting to sound like Walt!) What the heck! You only go around once in life so...

It might be tough, but you gotta take one for the team!!!

Walt

You'r absolutely correct! What was I thinkin'? Here goes! You ready girls?:D

Chuck

Chuck

Walt

Wow! Tough, ain't it?:D

Chuck

Walt

Chuck

Yeah, because when they act like I'm some sort of weirdo or pervert, I can't deny it because there are too many of my posts they could point to that seem to confirm it!

Walt

Walt

Chuck

Yeah, because when they act like I'm some sort of weirdo or pervert, I can't deny it because there are too many of my posts they could point to that seem to confirm it!

Walt

I don't understand why it works that way!? Women want you to 'open up' to them. when you do... BLAMO! Ya' get the crap kicked outa ya'! :S
Ya' really gotta watch what you say and how you say it.

Chuck

I don't understand why it works that way!? Women want you to 'open up' to them. when you do... BLAMO! Ya' get the crap kicked outa ya'!

And they never, ever forget. At least they never forget the bad stuff!!!!

Walt

I don't understand why it works that way!? Women want you to 'open up' to them. when you do... BLAMO! Ya' get the crap kicked outa ya'!

And they never, ever forget. At least they never forget the bad stuff!!!!

Walt

Ain't that the damned truth! I think, it's in some 'girls' book on men or something. Maybe, it's a gene thing! Whatever it is, is frustrating as hell![:/]

Chuck

Hey, no hijacking the thread, ya freakin idjuts! This is AMERICAN IDOL talk.

I simply don't give a rat's ass who wins now that Chris is gone. I voted for Taylor last night, but in the end I don't care which one of the three wins. It's my opinion that none of the remaining three will ever have a successful, radio-play career. Taylor may have some success as a Joe Cocker-type singer, but what little management/promotion they all get will just see them on top 40 stations, no matter what type of music they make. I was flipping through the channels the other day and actually heard a Bo Bice song on the radio. It was a pretty good rock song, yet it was on a bullshit Q-98 station, played right after a fucking Shakira song. Ugh! Those guys are doomed in their initial contract.

Another thing: Simon Cowell's company is NOT the one that gives the contract. It's the other Simon, the creator of the show and HIS company (19).

Chuck