dixieskydiver

American Idol

I don't define artistry by mass appeal or how much money a person could make for a record label or production company. However, American Idol DOES, at least they always have in the past. The show has always been about making THEM money. For that reason alone, I really don't understand why the AI machine is pimping Taylor so heavily over Katharine, because it seems like such a no brainer.

I really don't understand why the AI machine is pimping Taylor so heavily over Katharine, because it seems like such a no brainer.

How are they pimping him? By being honest? In the end, they have to get votes, which do translate to sales. Heck, Bo Bice has no airplay, but is over 500,000 CDs sold.

And I'm not so sure Katherine would sell a lot of albums. When it came time to sing a song written for her (poorly, by the way) she couldn't pull it off. Taylor at least managed to sell that tripe they wrote for him.

In the end, I probably won't buy any CD's anyway. I just like picking my favorite and rooting for them. I picked Taylor at his audition, so it has been enjoyable watching my pick do so well.

Zipp0

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Did everyone love Hendrix, Dylan, or Stevie Ray Vaughan? No. Were they superb artists? Most experts say yes.

just to be clear......are you including Taylor with this group? :|

Nobody is a Hendrix, a Dylan, or a Stevie Ray. These guys were innovators and virtuoso performers.
But my point still stands - mainstream success does not equal artistic ability.

Had I discovered Taylor's music without American Idol, I would have bought it. It's really good stuff. In case you didn't know, he does have 2 CD's out....

Zipp0

I have no idea who they have writing those SUCK ASS songs for the finalists, but they are clearly targeting the "american top-40" genre....Ugh. Kat's song was incredibly bad. Taylor's might at least make some money.

Anyone remember that horribly bad song they wrote for Bo last year? I wanted to smash the TV.

I think Taylor is going to win, but I don't think he's going to make any money. Kind of like that fat-ass Ruben!

Chuck

Those songs were utter 'crap'! Does anyone know who writes/arranges these songs, they ought to be shot. I hate what they have made Bo sing. I hope his next cd has HIS music on it! If they market Taylor correctly, he might do well and they probably won't :(.

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

My opinion doesn't matter much as I've never purchased an Idol CD---but if I HAD to, I'd most definitely purchase Taylor's and you'd have to pay me to listen to Katherines.

:P

YEAH! Taylor WON! Too cool!

Unfortunately, we had to sit through 1hr. 58min. of the worst television and crap since 'The Gong Show'! My God! Whoever came-up with all that garbage needs to be put on Devil's Island for the rest of their lives! Making fun of people who didn't make it on the show? Gimme a break! Giving them awards? Had to be Seacrest's idea.

Chuck

My opinion doesn't matter much as I've never purchased an Idol CD---but if I HAD to, I'd most definitely purchase Taylor's and you'd have to pay me to listen to Katherines.

Unfortunately, we had to sit through 1hr. 58min. of the worst television and crap since 'The Gong Show'! My God! Whoever came-up with all that garbage needs to be put on Devil's Island for the rest of their lives! Making fun of people who didn't make it on the show? Gimme a break! Giving them awards? Had to be Seacrest's idea.

Chuck

Eh.... it could have been much worse.

Congrats Taylor!

Chuck

Eh.... it could have been much worse.

Congrats Taylor!

I don't know. It was pretty bad. It was kinda cute, to have Kellie Pickler and Wolfgang Puck going over menu items but, it came across as a 'put-down' on Kellie for what she said about calamari. I would've preferred she sang. It's over... we can hope for a better show, next year. Go Taylor!

Chuck

Chuck

I have no idea who they have writing those SUCK ASS songs for the finalists, but they are clearly targeting the "american top-40" genre....Ugh. Kat's song was incredibly bad. Taylor's might at least make some money.

Anyone remember that horribly bad song they wrote for Bo last year? I wanted to smash the TV.

I think Taylor is going to win, but I don't think he's going to make any money. Kind of like that fat-ass Ruben!

Chuck

Those songs were utter 'crap'! Does anyone know who writes/arranges these songs, they ought to be shot. I hate what they have made Bo sing. I hope his next cd has HIS music on it! If they market Taylor correctly, he might do well and they probably won't :(.

They probably won't market him right. The music industry is into what they think will sell. If Joe Blow had a #1 with a bullet, they'll try to make the next 10 new-comers just like Joe Blow. That's why Waylon and Toby fought the industry big wigs to do their own music... and Waylon and Toby won!

Chuck

Chuck

I thought Kelly was very funny. She may just have a career in comedic acting! The skit with Wolfgang and Kelly was very funny! She could be another Goldie Hawn, who knows.

Yayyyy! for Taylor!

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I thought Kelly was very funny. She may just have a career in comedic acting! The skit with Wolfgang and Kelly was very funny! She could be another Goldie Hawn, who knows.

Yayyyy! for Taylor!

Yea! That's a heckuva thought. They could make a sit-com with her and Wolgang! The girl has got a lot of try in her. She hasn't had the best life growing-up.

Chuck

I agree (it could have been worse).

This was the best finale show ever! I say that in comparison to the previous season's 2-hour finale's filled the entire time with "Who will it be?" and them standing there--no other celebs (except the previous season's winner), etc.

This finale was FAR better.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Yep...I enjoyed it too Carrie.

Bobbi

You, enjoyed that? I thought, it was the worst thing I've ever seen on television. It was degrading and denegrating to the folks who lost and and looked like a bad rendition of Branson! The very last two minutes were o.k. Maybe, I just saw it wrong. I still think it was 'cheap' t.v. At least, Talor won.

Chuck

I watched the last episode and thought it was a little long but still good. I also thought it was great that they had brought back some of the idols for the final show.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

You, enjoyed that? I thought, it was the worst thing I've ever seen on television. It was degrading and denegrating to the folks who lost and and looked like a bad rendition of Branson! The very last two minutes were o.k. Maybe, I just saw it wrong. I still think it was 'cheap' t.v. At least, Talor won.

Chuck

Well, we did learn that Meat Loaf is a terrible singer and waaaaay more spastic than Taylor. In fact, barring Prince, the Idols out sang every single celeb.

Zipp0

Bobbi

Chuck

Of COURSE its 'cheap tv'! Its a High School talent show sponsored by Coca-Cola...but this year was a LOT better than previous years. At most they would have ONE guest star come out and sing ONE song then they'd drag all the 'loser' Muppets out as filler. Truly unwatchable. I TIVO'd this and zipped back and forth during LOST commercials and I was pretty impressed with the guests. My favorite besides Prince...Mary J singing 'One Love'...that was the moment I actually hit the 'record' button so I got it all and will watch it when I'm sick and can't move my arms or legs nor find the remote. I saw David Hasselhoff crying (wtf???) and I'm going to scan the audience for Justin Guarini. I want to see if he made it off the milk cartons yet.

I thought the kids in 'bama with the gray hair was a riot and a unique way to show support. I'm glad Taylor won--IMO he's a bigger talent than Katherine; he is consistent, he's 'different' and he's truly entertaining. Cheers~~April
P.S. Coke paid a LOT of money for those stars to be there. Prepare for your coke to cost more than gas (or the OTHER coke :D:D)

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Maybe you didn't enjoy it 'cause your "old".:D:$ I enjoyed the fact that ALL the contestants got a little extra added to their "fifteen mins of fame" by being able to sing with a well known artist.

:D:D:D

Bobbi

Playin' the age card? Whadda' cheap shot! :D I would like to think, with my age, has come a bit of wisdom. :P O.K., O.K.... I'll give you this... yes, there were some portions that were better than others. It's 'masses' television. It is meant to appeal to the bubble-gummers and those afraid of reaching a higher life-time level. (That's 'bull-shit for growing old). If, you enjoyed the show, that's great. I didn't particularly care for it. Lordy, I'm starting to sound like this is SC![:/]

Chuck

Chuck

Well, we did learn that Meat Loaf is a terrible singer and waaaaay more spastic than Taylor. In fact, barring Prince, the Idols out sang every single celeb.

Zipp0

Yeah! I have always kind of enjoyed Prince's music. Even though, he got 'pissed' at 'Dire Straits'. The guy is really talented! Never have cared for Meatloaf.
The Idols, did do a good job.

Chuck

Bobbi

Chuck

Of COURSE its 'cheap tv'! Its a High School talent show sponsored by Coca-Cola...but this year was a LOT better than previous years. At most they would have ONE guest star come out and sing ONE song then they'd drag all the 'loser' Muppets out as filler. Truly unwatchable. I TIVO'd this and zipped back and forth during LOST commercials and I was pretty impressed with the guests. My favorite besides Prince...Mary J singing 'One Love'...that was the moment I actually hit the 'record' button so I got it all and will watch it when I'm sick and can't move my arms or legs nor find the remote. I saw David Hasselhoff crying (wtf???) and I'm going to scan the audience for Justin Guarini. I want to see if he made it off the milk cartons yet.

I thought the kids in 'bama with the gray hair was a riot and a unique way to show support. I'm glad Taylor won--IMO he's a bigger talent than Katherine; he is consistent, he's 'different' and he's truly entertaining. Cheers~~April
P.S. Coke paid a LOT of money for those stars to be there. Prepare for your coke to cost more than gas (or the OTHER coke :D:D)

I was in and out of the room during the show. When something sounded good, I'd watch it. Katherine, is so boring! Almost painful. Her playing to the camera so much, made me nauseus. Yeah! Tha 'Bama kids were gettin' down! That, was a hoot.
It was just the tacky 'awards' segments that I didn't care for and the 'Branson-esque' show tune type segments. I just wanted to know who the hell was gonna win the damned thing! Like you said, Coke put-down a buncha bucks for advertising and all and by God, they were gonna get their money's worth!:D
Yeah! What's with Hasselhof being there? Germany is the only place on the globe that likes him!:D That no-talent goof!
I don't drink Coke anyhow, so I really don't care about them. Well folks... there's next season! :D Hopefully, they'll get a new host!? The judges can stay but, Seacrest has gotta go!

Chuck