LittleOne

Infinity or Wings?

Hi All,
I'm considering purchasing an Infinity or Wings container and would appreciate your opinions, please!

Riggers and packers: Do you consider these containers easy/straightforward to pack? I welcome responses from all riggers and packers, including those outside of the US since I travel a lot.

Owners: Are you satisfied with the fit of the rig, especially if you are short or of atypical dimensions? If the rig did not fit perfectly the first time, how do you rate the measures taken by customer service to remedy the situation?

Please do not hesitate to PM me with any comments if you prefer not to post publicly. Thanks in advance!

i love my infinity! when i ordered it, i made a mistake with my measurements and ended up with the mlw too long. i sent it back and they had it fixed and back to me in about 2 weeks (at no charge, except for the shipping to them), and that was coast to coast and across the border! :)

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Go with the Infinity... I have had 3 now and they have been terrific rigs to own. The quality is supereb.. and the customer service has no equal.

And they're cheaper too. AFAIK I love my Infinity, on my 2nd one.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

When I had to decide, the only rig out there that was a alternative to a MICRON was a Infinity for me.
In my opinion, it is the much better construction than the Wings and looks better (IMHO, Wings often look like me: fat:P).
I bought the MICRON due to the SKYHOOK but I would everytime jump a Infinity. Infinity rocks as MICRONS/V3s do!

Don't be a Lutz!

You guys are a bunch of winers. The Wings is a great rig, with a great price and one hell of a turn around time. Just like with everything pack a few and they can look great.
Did you have great openings on every one of your beginning pack jobs. I didn't, it came with time.

As a rigger AND the owner of 3 WINGS...WIthout a doubt WINGS. Easy to pack, great features and stylish looks. Any rigger who complains that they cannot make this rig or that rig look good are only stating that they havent taken the time to learn about that rig. A quick call to the manufacture is generally all that is needed to make the difference.

I learnt to pack reserves on Racers (certainly not my first choice or rigs) which is a container that lots of people say they cant make look good. Since I took the time to talk to JumpShack I can make them look as good as if they came from the factory almost every time. If it doesnt look good I do it again.

So riggers, learn your stuff and contact the manufacturers.

BTW go the WINGS and you wont regret it.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

If you can read I simply was copying what linestretch said. ;)
I've actually never packed a wings reserve. I think they look like shit any way they are packed. They are a fat little stubby cheap rig. In my opinion, of course. [:/]

But you shoud definately be proud of yourself that you are such an awesome rigger. Good job. :S

I was thinking about buying an Infinity this March - until I found out that I wouldn't see the thing until October. Their delivery times are absurd right now. As far as looks go, a good rigger can make anything look nice. My Wings always looks good. Both are great rigs. I would say it comes down to whether you are willing to spend more and wait longer.

Canuck

Well said -

apart from the bit about :P

.....er sorry. Each to their own ;) boring if we all liked the same thing, hey?

in reply to the sarcasm from the other fella, well I never said I was the be all and end all. All I said was that if you have trouble making something look good, ie how it is meant to look per the manufacturer then take the time to speak to them. They seem to all want to help on this. I think as people responsible for other peoples gear that we should make it not only safe but look as good as the $$$'s that people have spent on the rig of their choice.

As for looks, well really one man prefers Blondes another Brunettes. Pick what you like. I still stand by WINGS though :D;)

I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

It doesn't matter.
The responses you're getting have nothing to do with the quality of the ice cream; as much as it does with the choice of the flavor.
You'll be happy with either manufacturer.
Both are quality products.
Both manufacturers have excellent customer service.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Both are very nice rigs. I have one of each in my rig collection and like them both very much.. No issues in packing a Wings or a Infinity reserve. The Wings reserve packing con is BS, sorta like people bytching on a Racer, once you (a rigger) have done it a few times and have learned its "tricks" your good to go. There are tricks to packing most rigs though.

Both are comfy and service is good on both sides as well. Velocity recently moved and have a longer lead time now then Sunrise. Pick what you like and what fits into your time frame and get it...

This site will show again and again on questions like this that opinions are like A$$holes , everybody has one...

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

It is all about how good you look.

Like I was trying to explain to my apprentice yesterday: skydiver take it as a "given" that any reserve will open, but they are far more concerned about how good they look.

This was part of a larger discussion about me trying to explain to him the subtleties of packing Reflexes. Reflexes were never the easiest rig to pack and I was trying to pass along some tricks I had learned from a Fliteline factory rigger, tricks that are not in the manual, tricks that I took me years to master, tricks that make the difference between an airworthy Reflex and a pretty Reflex.
His response: "But isn't it still LEGAL if I pack it according to the manual?"

I'm a senior rigger. I also sold gear for a living for 7 years. I've had my Infinity since 2002. I love it. It's comfy, it looks good and the customer service from Velocity Sports kicks ass.

My s/o is a master rigger. He's been jumping Wings for about the same amount of time. He loves them. They're comfy, they look good and the customer service from Sunrise is excellent.

Depending on the length of your torso and the size of your canopies, you may find that the standard Wings (not the EXT version) will work better for you than an Infinity of the same container size. As someone else said, the Wings is "short and stubby;" in comparison, the same container size in an Infinity will be longer from top to bottom.

Have you jumped either/both containers? That's the best way to decide which container is right for you...