bshl

Pointless photo of the year

I didn't find it humorous. A photo such as that is equally important to those in it, as any other photo taken with family or friends to any one of us.
To them, it isn't pointless. To us it very well may be, just as a photo with any of us in it may be considered as such to those in the photo.
In my opinion, it is never "funny" to attempt to make people feel less than they are...no matter what the religion, ethneticity or ideology.
Call me kill joy...but in the end we are all JUST people.
Flame away....cuz this will probably make its way to SC in no time.

I can see how darius is offended, since it would seem as if some are laughing at the cultural garb of particular religous sect that is getting a lot of bad press of late. I get equally upset when people mock the attire of traditional nuns, calling them things like "penguin pussy" and whatnot (gotta admit that's at least a LITTLE funny!).

still, I have to confess that I laughed when I saw the photoshopped-in Pontiff back there! :D

let's just all hug and sing kum-bye-ya, shall we? :)

But you find it amusing to denigrate women who wear paint:S

and you feel it's fine to denigrate women who express their opinion about God.

how long will this pissing contest last mighty mouse?

let's just let it die, shall we?

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

and you feel it's fine to denigrate women who express their opinion about God.

how long will this pissing contest last mighty mouse?

let's just let it die, shall we?

as i have asked before show me where i have have done that, I have made no reference at all to any women, I was laughing at a post that was so obviously full of irony. Get a grip
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

stand just off the property and go for the field goal... ShockedLaughLaugh

You just had to say that didn't you?:D

I know what I now HAVE to try. Just gotta get a football and learn how to kick it right. I'll be sure to get video if accomplished.:D

I think you may just be making too much of this.

its a funny pic and I can understand what you are saying.

but here's the thing.
every so often you have to turn the news channel off and go see how the real world is. the news is nothing but lies and heresy.
Sure, the war on terror can be mistaken for the war on muslims if you are ignorant (as many are) but I know better.

but to some extent its the EXTREMEs of ANY lunatic fringe that will get the bad attention.

all other things aside I think this is a funny pic. and you don't. I am ok with that. my humor is differnet than yours ad I am ok with that too.
quite often I see your posts and laugh with you but in this instance I will laugh alone.

I hope you can understand that it's not out of ignorance.

If someone photoshopped bombs and boxcutters on them I would Be right along with you.
there is alot of ignorance out there and the face they blame is the face of a Muslim.

but this is a regular photo of a situation that strikes me funny. the OP said there was SOME PS in the picture so I odnt know the extent of it but yes, I do not see mulsims taking pictures in full dress. It seemed as out of place to me.

You know what man your 100% right I do just need to chill a bit.

I am getting way too sensitive.

I think the news always being about how evil Muslims are and not to mention even shows I watch for entertainment seem to portray Muslims as evil Jew hating murderers is getting to me.

My apologies.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

If someone photoshopped bombs and boxcutters on them I would Be right along with you.

OOOH!!! maybe THAT was what was PS'd OUT of the photo?

Sorry, that was un called for. (No I'm not really, I just dont need a fatwa on my redneck, intolerant, ignorant ass)
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

Now this thread can't be moved to Speaker's Corner or it will implode. Literally. :|

Seriously, good for you Darius. :)
Not all who laugh are doing so in good humor, but a well-cultivated sense of humor is one of the best defenses, antidotes, and salves against the frustrations of the world.

I don't actually find the picture "funny", but I could imagine laughing and enjoying it at home with the other ladies reconstructing the order we were standing in... and maybe, if that WAS me, laughing 'cause I wasn't wearing anything under my robes...

But that's just me. B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I think the news always being about how evil Muslims are and not to mention even shows I watch for entertainment seem to portray Muslims as evil Jew hating murderers is getting to me.

My apologies.

Wow, really? Yes, it's true that the news does that. Something that I learned is that you (one person) can't change the world, but you shouldn't let the world change you, either.

(CLICHE)
Those who don't read the news paper are uninformed, those who do are misinformed.

Think of any skydiving accident. When you read the paper you can see all of the bullshit they print to fill the holes in their stories, you don't think it's limited to extreme sports, right?

So, although the world is in a shit storm of fear and hate right now you gotta be willing to smile at someone in order to possibly make them smile back.
getting involved with political and religious debate doesn't solve anything, unfortunately.

Any way, thanks for taking a deep breath... admitting it;)
My photos

My Videos

fwiw I know a air force major that is muslim and I understand and appreciate your point of view. I agree that the news/media paint a rather poor picture of muslims in general... I don't think its right.

and anyway its not like all of us aren't going to hell...

ok, ok... follow my logic here:

1. There are numerous christian religious sects.
2. more then one of theses religious sects state that if you are not a member of their sect then your going to hell.
3. therefore all of us are going to hell... :D

btw: its not meant to be bashing anyone... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

1. There are numerous christian religious sects.
2. more then one of theses religious sects state that if you are not a member of their sect then your going to hell.
3. therefore all of us are going to hell...

The difference with the extremist muslims is that if you don't convert to their religion they will kill you themselves and personally send you to their hell. They don't wait for death to come to you naturally. They will kill you now.

That picture is reminiscent of a 12 way photo that I use as my wall paper on my computer at work. You can't see any faces just our backs. It's not uncommon for people to ask me, "which one are you?" Can you imagine the "humor" a whuffo could find in a team picture where everyone is in the same jumpsuit and rig taken from the same angle?
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

As I said before just because something is not what you are used too it doesn’t make it funny.

I live in Iraq and see this every day. You don't see the full veil too often but a lot of older woman wear abayas (SP?) that covers everything but their faces. I found this picture hilarious. I could really care less who it offends. Maybe we should put this on CNN and make fun of it so Muslims around the world can burn stuff and kill people because they were offended. Sooty please..........lighten the fuck up. :P

I also found the OP photo funny inasmuch as you can't see who people are. I take photos all the time, and one of the things which is important when shooting a person is to be able to see them.

while i think the uproar in this thread is completely silly, your post is a good example of cultural bias..

they CAN absolutely tell who is who... its not hard to identify someone even in full garb IF you are used to doing so...

Americans simply are not... hell half of them identify people by their CAR more than any real physical attributes... "Bob? Drives an Subaru?" etc...

Americans simply are not... hell half of them identify people by their CAR more than any real physical attributes... "Bob? Drives an Subaru?" etc...

I've been on the other end of questions in this regards lately. I'm beginning the process of putting my classic VW back on the road in preperation for selling my truck. Many people have said "I can't see you in a little VW...only in a big truck." I've reached a point in my life where I don't really need a truck anymore, I'm not hauling that much anymore and I'm not pulling a trailer that often anymore. Although the safety in an accident is nice and was proven once again recently (got rear ended by someone doing over 40mph and I was stopped...it scuffed my ranch hand bumper but that was basically it), I can't justify spending the money to keep my old truck on the road or put gas in it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I also found the OP photo funny inasmuch as you can't see who people are. I take photos all the time, and one of the things which is important when shooting a person is to be able to see them.

while i think the uproar in this thread is completely silly, your post is a good example of cultural bias..

they CAN absolutely tell who is who... its not hard to identify someone even in full garb IF you are used to doing so...

Mildred wears a curtain?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher