JENNR8R

How Long Have You Held Your Job?

7 years in the education dept.

longest before that was 2.5

I sooowant to move on..(still teach but do it travelling the world)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

So… How long have you been working at your current job?

1 month.

Would you want to be there for 25 years?

I decided a while ago that there is no job stability; just different reasons to change.

Example: Small company gets acquired, new owners screw things up so badly that the entire engineering organzation who'd been there over six months quit. Oops!

Example: Big company, small division. Lots of fun on the first project. Great co-workers. But we finished under budget and ahead of schedule in two years! Moved onto smaller things (not many choices in a small office). Left for career growth.

Example: Small company. Great products. Lots of fun for two years. Great co-workers. Management chased small customers and ran out of money. I worked for the new owners. They decided they'd rather not have us arround so I left with the rats (hints: no new projects, no hiring to replace losses, the ship is sinking)

Example: First technical employee at a brand new company. Started with a great idea. We had $8M to hire a bunch of great co-workers. I figured we couldn't go wrong. (I was more naieve before turning 30 and being taught phrases like "Prosecute the opportunity" by venture capitalists). Worked 80 hour weeks and had lots of fun. $12M series B. Still had lots of fun. Unfortunately, the executives hemhoraged money on a second office "Can't grow fast enough... unless we become a silicon valley company!! ", decided to sell the product to the wrong people "It's hard to build a sales channel... so we'll just make BIG sales to the global 2000!" Then they paniced, had a stealth second product run out of the "new" headquarters, laid off half the company, gave me another 1/8% of the company, my co-workers quit, and I left before getting another job. The founding CEO is currently doing federal time (I'd heard a 72 month plea) for sociopathic tendancies (not defrauding share holders).

Example: Huge company. Good pay. Great benefits. Four month courtship to make sure it was the right move. Talked to everyone up to the VP level. Painful reloaction (moved away from friends of 15 years, turbine DZ 15 minutes away, etc.) Work didn't match what was described. Co-workers left for greener pastures before I got there. While other people there could "retire in place" and I'd only have to return my relocation costs if I "voluntarily separated" that didn't suit my style so I left in 5 months.

Oh well. I have gotten to work with some of the same people for seven years.... when the company goes, you can take your co-workers with you.

Congratulations JENNR8R!B|

I'm going on 39 months of unemployment due to my infamous injury. I'm going nuts.:S

Prior to that, I averaged 5 years at any one job; always leaving to take a higher position.

Chris

Your job history really sucks! :( It makes me appreciate my job all the more. There have been lots of changes over the years. The name of the company seems to change every two years or so.

The man who hired me left in 1990 and died this year. When I started, it was only the two of us, and I used a correcting Selectric typewriter... no computers.

There have been as many as 15 employees. We are now down to nine. I'm the only one who has ever done payroll (it's never been late), sent out invoices, or ordered supplies. Basically, I collect and distribute the money for the firm. The boss' leave me alone to do my work and appreciate never having to worry about it.

I've been very blessed indeed.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

16 years, and love it.

Wow! You have made that commute for that many years? :S

Are you coming out for a beer tomorrow night?

I'll see if I can get Sarah to come with me. Thanks for asking. :)

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

I can't understand why you started working when you were ten years old, must have been a rough childhood!!!!!

I have been with my present company for six years and twenty eight days, although it's interesting how some coworkers forget how long I have been hiding in my office, err working here.

Would I want to be employed with this company for another twenty five years? Nope, I should be retired in less than twenty years. Do I want to be here until I retire? Only if the resume's I am sending out are turned down for the next twenty five years. If they are, then yes, I would want to remain employed by my present company.

While I would hopefully not go postal, I suspect if my resume's are round filed for the next two years, I would do a "Wendy" (AKA adios and become a DZB. I suspect I am not as well paid as you, Ms. Jennr8r! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

J