skybytch

grounded

I knew it was coming.

I didn't do a whole lot of jumping this year. Each jump I did was followed by a week or two of pain and tingling in my left arm/shoulder, but it always went away. But after I last jumped in October, it hasn't gone away. It's gotten worse.

It finally got to the point that I couldn't stand it anymore, so last week it was off to a doctor. And now starts the long process of dealing with it.

I know what's coming, having been through it all before. It's been almost exactly six years since I had three vertebrae in my lower back fused, and that was 18 months before I was jumping again. This is the neck, though... I may not be able to jump again this time, and I don't know when I'll know for sure.

This skydiving thing - it's been a good ride. Since I made my first jump almost 17 years ago I've met loads of incredible people, seen some incredibly beautiful things, been almost all over the US, helped set a world record...

Thanks for jumping with me. With a little bit of luck, maybe I'll get to see you in the sky again someday.

I knew it was coming.

I know what's coming, having been through it all before. It's been almost exactly six years since I had three vertebrae in my lower back fused, and that was 18 months before I was jumping again. This is the neck, though... I may not be able to jump again this time, and I don't know when I'll know for sure.

This skydiving thing - it's been a good ride. Since I made my first jump almost 17 years ago I've met loads of incredible people, seen some incredibly beautiful things, been almost all over the US, helped set a world record...

Thanks for jumping with me. With a little bit of luck, maybe I'll get to see you in the sky again someday.

Just like I told you six years ago, on the Wreck, Lisa. You can if you want to enough. I'm still here.
Good luck...sincerely.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I knew it was coming.

Just like I told you six years ago, on the Wreck, Lisa. You can if you want to enough. I'm still here.
Good luck...sincerely.

Amen to that bozo.

Best of luck to you Lisa, just do what you know you need to do and remember that we all give a shit about you.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

With a little bit of luck, maybe I'll get to see you in the sky again someday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Awwww, Lisa!

I hope be around you anywhere again!! You're just cool like that :)
Keep you chin up and remember all the things you still can do. All the best in 2007 and always...~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Boy that sucks. Every full time skydivers worst nightmare. To be shut off by a doctor. I wish you could find some way.

Find another doc. Another opinion. It may be the same, but it may be different. give it a try, what can it hurt. Good luck
Love you sister!
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

That's tough skybytch.:( Hope things work out OK for you. My neck is one major reason I gave it up. The disc thingys finally got so thin that it became like bone on bone, OUCH! Too many hard openings and tandem jumps I guess. Good luck whatever you decide to do.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Hey, girl. I know how you feel. My back is so bad now, jumping may be a distant memory. But the people are still there. That's the important part of this sport.

Hope to see you in LP this year, jumping or not. You can be a lake people too. We're not that bad ... ;)

Hope to see you either in the air on the ground. Either way it doesn't matter as long as I see you.

:)
'Shell

That stinks Lisa but life does these things to you. Your health is FAR more important than jumping though. Don't think of this as something bad. Use it as an opportunity to do something else. I know if I couldn't jump I'd be flying the plane. ;) Good luck in whatever you do!

I knew it was coming.

I didn't do a whole lot of jumping this year. Each jump I did was followed by a week or two of pain and tingling in my left arm/shoulder, but it always went away. But after I last jumped in October, it hasn't gone away. It's gotten worse.

It finally got to the point that I couldn't stand it anymore, so last week it was off to a doctor. And now starts the long process of dealing with it.

Just two words: Tai Chi.

I have a friend who had severe back problems which he spent large amounts of money on at the Chiropractors. He then started taking Kung Fu and Tai Chi, back is totally recovered, no more pain, no more problems, and no more Chiropractors.

I threw my back out from surfing a month ago, was barely able to move around, lower back was out completely. After lite Tai Chi over a few days, it was mostly gone and now completely gone. After that I got stingrayed, then got the flu, then strep, then a nasty cold. Itll be a while before I get in the water again.

Tai Chi is over 1500 years old, back then people had back problems and there were no Chiropractors. Works much better than any backcracker Ive ever seen.

Hey WOMAN! Keep your head up, not so long ago you bitched me out about the 10 year/1000 jump thing, so don't eat the perogies yet. It ain't ovet till the fat lady sings! You'll be OK:)
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I know the feeling. I feel for you and just kind of want to remind you that all those great friends you met around the bonfires are here for ya ;)
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

I don't know you , or your condition.But if it gives you any hope, my husband had vertebrae in his neck fused together and enjoyed many years of skydiving afterward.Good luck to you.
"I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, except I'll die in the end, she said. So what could really go wrong? -----Brian Andreas

What's Up?!

I believe that you will be back if you are comfortable with it.

I know two people Personally that have come back to the sport; TK (Skydive City Manager and One of the female AFF Instructors) I do not know the extent of each surgery but they both jump and instruct. I probably know more but I do not discuss injuries unless it is brought up.

Look at my fool ass! I have two steel legs and a compression in the lumbar.

With plenty of recovery and Physical Therapy it can be done. The key is not to rush it.

See and you thought the Hurricanes were gona get ya! ;):P:)
Here is wishing you a Great New Year and 100% recovery. :)
Take Care,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES