Grape

Is stupidity on the rise?

I'm not sure 'customer service' is really the niche for you.

We all have our moments of stupidity. It's embarassing enough realizing you've asked a stupid question without the 'customer service rep' going out of their way to help compound the feeling.

You're absolutely right. We all have our moments. More often than not, we have other things on our minds. Doesn't mean we're stupid.

Maybe these retail folk (and I'm ASSUMING the original poster is in retail) need to understand that just because YOU know what that sign means doesn't mean that WE know what that sign means.

I think those of you that complain about having to deal with people in your day to day jobs need to remember that the people you're dealing with are, more often than not, the reason you get a pay cheque.

Just my opinion. And before you ask, yes, my job entails a LOT of customer service.

Not only that, but some people just don't bother to read or pay any attention at all.

I went to the same gym for about three years, and for those three years, they had a sign that said "use other door". Every single time, I would first try the locked door then realize it was locked and see the sign, and go to the other one ......
This ad space for sale.

Not only that, but some people just don't bother to read or pay any attention at all.

I went to the same gym for about three years, and for those three years, they had a sign that said "use other door". Every single time, I would first try the locked door then realize it was locked and see the sign, and go to the other one ......

Perhaps the "door not working" sign might have helped you. ;)
'Shell

You can get an intelligence test from two minutes of observation? That's better than the best psychologists out there. How do you know they aren't judging you after you have ridiculed them? What makes them from not thinking: "well, she got her laughs from my mistake, but that's all she probably has." After all, most people are not too worried about the credibility of opinions from someone of a near-minimum wage job.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I do agree with what you said but here are a few examples of stupid people....

I was in to see the doctor yesterday around 430 and I was given antibiotics. Well I went skiing today and I am not better. I think the doctor needs to call in a stronger medicine..:S

Or I need a refill on my vicodin cause I ate a spicy burrito and now my back hurts....
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Stupidity has been on the rise since we stopped walking on all fours. Evolution implies nothing with regards to intelligence. Human beings are stupid creatures, and the progression of civilization has only meant that people have become dumber and dumber. Sad but true.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Something tells me that this isn't a high class store, just a guess!

Yeah, people with money are obviously way smarter than people without it. :S

nope, they just don't go to public bathrooms :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I almost feel like I'm herding cattle because they pretty much have the same brain capacity

I bet this thought has crossed the mind of many S&TAs...:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I almost feel like I'm herding cattle because they pretty much have the same brain capacity

I bet this thought has crossed the mind of many S&TAs...:|

:D:D:D:D:DSo So True :D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was in to see the doctor yesterday around 430 and I was given antibiotics. Well I went skiing today and I am not better. I think the doctor needs to call in a stronger medicine..:S

I think it takes 48 hours for antibiotics to make you feel any better.

Stupidity has been on the rise since we stopped walking on all fours. Evolution implies nothing with regards to intelligence. Human beings are stupid creatures, and the progression of civilization has only meant that people have become dumber and dumber. Sad but true.

Doesn't that fly in the face of the whole evolution thing?[:/]

Evolution is the process of adaptation. Organisim most suitably adapted will survive, we are building a world where stupid is an attribute, so no it's not against evolution:D:D:D
What is it they say about the stupid breeding while the smart get on with their careers:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I bet this thought has crossed the mind of many S&TAs...

Actually, it's not the one's who ask where the restroom is when there is a sign...
It's the one's who ask where the restroom is - and when you show them the sign; want to argue with you that there is no restroom there.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Evolution is the process of adaptation. Organisim most suitably adapted will survive, we are building a world where stupid is an attribute, so no it's not against evolution:D:D:D
What is it they say about the stupid breeding while the smart get on with their careers:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Thank you, glad to see my logic isn't totally lost on everyone. B|
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I was in to see the doctor yesterday around 430 and I was given antibiotics. Well I went skiing today and I am not better. I think the doctor needs to call in a stronger medicine..

I think it takes 48 hours for antibiotics to make you feel any better.

I think you miss read what I wrote. Point trying to make is if you go to see a doctor cause you are sick why the hell are you skiing the very next day and then calling to tell the doctors office you are not better...
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

No it doesn't. In nature the weak can't get enough food for their kids, can't out run the lion, etc. They die, they don't have offspring, or their offspring don't survive. Their genes then leave the gene pool for good.

In todays society we don't let the weak die off. People who can't afford to feed and clothe one kid have six of them and live off a welfare.

More foder for the PC police. :D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P