Amazon

WeekEnd Numbers 23-24 June 07

:( (GF is mad) : 7 :)
Kick ass weekend of jumping!!!!

you should have stayed and played with me then:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

0:10:1

I guess I'll bring some beer to Byron next time for my first night jumps. Its a whole new world up there in the dark. Lotsa fun this weekend at the American Boogie,

Byron!!? but, you did your :D night jumps out at Skydance>:(:P:D It's cool, I'll probably be out in Byron next anyway.
Fly like a girl

:( (GF is mad) : 7 :)

Girlfriend isn't mad... :D:6 (What? she's a skydiver :)
1 jump Friday evening.

Only two on Saturday I was lined up to do a couple of video/still jumps but kept getting bumped back loads for various reasons... students left to get lunch then decided to reschedule, then ended up telling a couple of guys that they couldn't jump because they'd been drinking before deciding to come out to skydive.

A couple of H&Ps on sunday before the clouds broke (about 6) I stalled my canopy a couple of times... :)B| and then a 4-way video jump...

Oh, and my 4-way team dissolved... :( anyone in the midwest looking for a reasonably skilled, always learning videographer? :$[:/]

edited to add: fwiw to any budding videographers... on the 4-way I videoed Sunday evening one of the participants discovered his reserve handle floating after opening his canopy... and after watching the video it is obvious that it was floating for most of the jump. Its not obvious when it came out of its velcro. Upon inspection it was noticable that his velcro was worn and it didn't take much force at all to remove the handle from the velcro. fortunately the pin stayed in place but if somone in the jump had inadvertently bumped his handle and pulled his reserve... it could have been a very BAD day for two of us... :o
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

0:13:1

Great weekend for the most part.
7 tandem videos
2 coach jumps
2 CRW attempts
2 AFF practice jumps

Sunday turned out to be a rough day as I woke up with a little congestion. By the 5th jump I decided to call it a day due to the ears getting worse.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

B|:6:1

:D for first jump at Skydance (I think this was my fourth visit there and the first time I actually made a jump). American Boogie was a blast ... got to make some fun jumps with friends old and new, and watch a monkey pop in freefall.

Unfortunately I hurt like hell this morning because my last opening spun up off my back and then slammed open. The twists were so low on the lines that the risers just smacked the living shit out of my face and neck, and my harness bruised me all over my upper torso. Good times.:S
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

5000; 17; 0

Congratulations Bobby P on your 5000th!! That was a fantastic skydive! Glad I could be there! :)
16 fun jumps; 1 work jump :ph34r::P

Amy Chemleki came out and coached/organized an awesome weekend! B| Thanks Rhonda for the amazing dinner and organizing an awesome boogie!

12 jumps this week - 9 for work and 3 for fun. (Although the work jumps are pretty freaking fun too!)

I got in 10 jumps on Saturday, that was by far the most I've done in one day. After doing that much video I was just as tired and sore as if I'd have packed all day, but the fact that I was exhausted from being paid to skydive all day made it alright.B|

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

;):4:1

2 way RW with teammate, 2 4ways, :D CReW jump. Just did a couple of 2-stacks but it was still awesome! Hoping to do it more!

Oh, and my GF was at the dropzone this week, she wanted to see what I did all weekend, every weekend. jump, pack a shitload, and drink, thats about it. Too hungover to jump at all on Sunday B|
http://planetskydive.net/ - An online aggregation of skydiver's blogs.

0:14:0

African winters rock! 2 perfect days, 12 AFF's with 3 students, all of whom passed every level, and 2 wingsuit dives. 42 jumps for the month, weekends only. 185 so far for the year, averaging more than one a day for the year so far, and 4 more sleeps before I leave for the AN-72 Wingsuit Boogie in Germany.

Life is good!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

:):2::D

Went home to visit my mom and made 2 jumps at Start Skydiving in Ohio. Everything is brand new, what a nice operation! 2 jumps to get to a friends 100th, and pied her quite nicely. Did a 4-way tube to a horny gorilla from 9k. Fun times. Got to hang out with Icon a bit. B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Got to hang out with Icon a bit. B|

Because I actually do go out to the dz... unlike other friends of ours... Paul :P:D

I'm sorry I didn't get on Jennifer's 100th but I'm glad I got to see/hang out with y'all a bit... :)
I hope to see more of you Atlanta peeps up here again some time... (hopefully the weather will be better too and more will be out to play... :|) the sky's actually cleared up right after y'all left...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

:)
Fun weekend at the American Boogie in Davis, CA. Some night jumps including a naked 4-way on Friday. Some freeflying and wingsuit jumps in a huge wingsuit on Saturday. Some RW and fun canopy flying yesterday.

Beer owed for my first raft dive attempt that I funneled by going underneath the raft.

Because I actually do go out to the dz... unlike other friends of ours... Paul :P:D

I'm sorry I didn't get on Jennifer's 100th but I'm glad I got to see/hang out with y'all a bit... :)
I hope to see more of you Atlanta peeps up here again some time... (hopefully the weather will be better too and more will be out to play... :|) the sky's actually cleared up right after y'all left...

LMAO, calling simplyputsi OUT!!!!! He's NEVER at the dropzone! I guess it's because he's not a skydiver, he's a triathlete, just ask Skymama. :D

I noticed that the blue sky and sun came out right after we made that jump. Too bad I had a 500 mile drive ahead of me or I'd have stayed and made a few more jumps. >:(

We definitely liked that DZ, and John was talking about making another weekend trip up there sometime. Maybe we'll even bring Chaoskitty and Micduran up there next time. :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

2:2:1

It was a very excellent American Boogie for me. Two very fun nights of partying. Two very fun jumps with my favorite two way partner. Two very excellent landings on a new to me canopy.

Damn it's good to be back in the air.

Glad to hear you got to jump!!!!!

[:/]:8:3

I had an awesome weekend at Am boogie. I volunteered Friday out there, I picked up most of those who landed out and made sure everyone had safe landings. I did Lots of 3 and 4 way sitflying and an awesome sunset tracking dive on saturday. First skyvan and otter jump. First dock while sit flying!!!!

LMAO, calling simplyputsi OUT!!!!! He's NEVER at the dropzone! I guess it's because he's not a skydiver, he's a triathlete, just ask Skymama. :D

I noticed that the blue sky and sun came out right after we made that jump. Too bad I had a 500 mile drive ahead of me or I'd have stayed and made a few more jumps. >:(

We definitely liked that DZ, and John was talking about making another weekend trip up there sometime. Maybe we'll even bring Chaoskitty and Micduran up there next time. :)

oh what is this shizzy!!!! Both of you are in trouble!!! Laura might loose her touch Paul priveleges for such things.
Laura you know I jump, I seem to remember a pretty descent 4 way jump, even though that was like a month ago.
It does appear though that I will play the triathlete roll for the next month or so, and that seriously affects my ability to be a skydiver. [:/]
Skymama's #2 stalker -