McBeth

What accent do you have?

Midland Accent

("Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest") The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.

I think they mean "Canadian" ... ;);)

'Shell

Dayum, it pegged me right on the money as "midland". Which is neutral, no accent. The shaded area that showed the region of the country included Cincinnati, where I grew up. Although one of my friends from college recently insisted that I'm picking up a Southern accent. But what does she know, she's from the Northwest. :D:)
Awesome quiz Beth! B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Can someone explain this question for me?

15. If you say words like TIME, RIDE, MILE, I, etc., we all know that there`s a way people down South say those words. Don`t lie about it, how often do you ever say those kind of words like that?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I used to have a slight southern accent but now i don't have it unless i drink a little bit lol

it thought i was Midland. :S

I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I am Midland, too.
Born in CA, pre-teen in NM, teen and young adult in MI. I guess all that moving and mixing took away any accent I might have had.

I do find myself talking a little more "Southern" though. :)

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

If I wuz an American ....

What American accent do you have? (Best version so far)

Northeastern

Most people don't know it but this is actually what dictionaries are based on. If you don't believe me, pick up any American dictionary and look up "source" and "sauce" and you'll see they are written with the same vowel pronunciation.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Midland is where they put you if they can't figure it out.

They said I was midland.

I might be talking like I was from there - but that doesn't mean that I AM from there?:|

Bolocks.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

("Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest") The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.

of course I'm not from the Midland

I'm "carioca"
;)

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Considering this test rated me as "midland" and everywhere I have lived, NC, CA, WA, AK & OK EVERYONE knew the minute I opened my mouth I was born and raised in Texas, I'd say the test is bogus as in Bo, my friend's name, and Gus, my dad's friend's name. :S

steveOrino

It says Midland.

I've lived in Georgia all of my life.

When I was a kid, I went to Massachusetts to stay with family each summer. I figured out that I didn't want to sound like I was from the South (being a little kid is tough when thrown into a crowd full of kids from Mass.). So, I lost any Southern accent quickly and it never returned.

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Can someone explain this question for me?

15. If you say words like TIME, RIDE, MILE, I, etc., we all know that there`s a way people down South say those words. Don`t lie about it, how often do you ever say those kind of words like that?

I've been known to make fun of a few Georgians for making the word "mile" sound like "mall".

It pegged me right on with Northern even mentioned Detroit where I am from originally even though I have lived in the south for 23 years ...well I guess Florida is not really the south:D

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!