Misslmperfect

American Idol

Eh, I wouldn't put all of the blame on Ryan. I'm sure a lot of his jokes and 'fucking with people' sarcasm is highly suggested by the producers and/or directors of the show. However, I do agree that it was pretty shitty how he booted MJ, to say the least.

You're not sure what AggieDreads is going to do with Mariah? How about Smiley Boy? Him and his ballads.. I can't imagine him rocking out to Mariah at all.

I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty interesting show..

:DSmiley boy, well, he's a whole other story.......... My guess, he'll probably do really good even though I'd like him to 'bomb'. In the show's eye, he can't do wrong............[:/]

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Hmmmm....no posts yet.

I was in and out but saw most of the performances.

Worst/didn't like: Carly and Brooke

Best - David Cook

I have to admit I know nothing about Maria Carey's music...and after tonight that isn't going to change;).

I thought it peculiar that "Without You" is presented as a Maria Carey song...as it was written by Harry Nilsson years and years ago.heck, he's been dead for 14 years. Oh well...

--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Here's my critique for tonight's show:

First I want to say that I also thought the way they booted MJ really sucked. I wouldn't be surprised if AI heard from a lot of the fans.

Getting back to tonight:

I was surprised that they actually had to do Mariah songs. I thought the theme would be R&B. Oh well, I thought Dolly Parton night would be country.

Overall I found this night kind of tough to judge. I actually listened to the performances a second time.

Brooke (too much estrogen and too little cheeseburgers) was the only one in my opinion that completely tanked. I like her, but I think she's in trouble.

Bad Hair Emo Guy - I think I'm in the minority in saying I really did not like his performance. Hearing the judges comments, the audience reaction and my sister's judgment; I'm willing to admit that I am probably wrong. I do think he's extremely talented and I still think he will make it to the finale.

Smiley boy - He's being pimped to win. He did a great job tonight, but he's beginning to bore me. I still stand by my saying that he has developed excellent vocal habits and I still think he will be in the finale with the other David.

Aggie dreadlocks dude - Loved him tonight. He's not my favorite, but tonight's performance was excellent IMO.

Tatoo Irish chick - I really expected a lot from her since the beginning of the season, but she's let me down. Her performance was not horrible, but I believe she is capable of more. She's in trouble.

Forgettable black girl - She sang her ass off tonight. I don't think she deserves to go this week, but I do think she's in the bottom 3 again.

Country Hottie - Finally someone mentioned trying to connect with the emotions of the song! I'm so tired of so many contestants who just sing the song but do not sell the song. Not her best, but after dodging all those bullets she has improved tremendously. She just be the best of the girls.

I agree with Simon that the 3 guys were the best tonight.

Bottom 3: Carly, Syesha and Brooke.

Going home: Carly or Brooke. My guess would be Carly due to having a smaller fan base than Brooke, but after MJ's departure anything can happen.

here is the way I saw it:

Smiley Lip Licker Boy: Predictable, Safe, Technically solid but completely Boring performance. Sounded just like every other song he has done. He was a little less annoying than usual tonight.

Tattooed Irish Lass: Still #1 on my bangability scale. She looked great and sounded good. I think she is technically the best singer on the show but she has failed to connect with the "Least Common Denominator" general public through out the show. The people that think Wrasslin is Real but the faked the Moon landings and also made NASCAR the number "sport" on TV are never going to get her. Unfortunately she still is trying to pander to these people instead of being herself. She is Bottom 3 again tonight.

Forgettable Black Chick - See Smiley lip licker review. Exact same thing here. The problem with Syesha is that she is 100% completely unoriginal. You can find 20 more just like her in any Rural Black Southern Baptist Church on any given Sunday.

Country Hottie: She is getting better each week.. Or should I say she is getting less bad each week. I really didn’t like her facial expressions at times. She kind of had that Joe Cocker "I am Constipated" Look at times but she did ok otherwise with the song.

Overly Hormonal, Needs to eat a Cheeseburger Chick – Every time someone (Paula) says she is Genuine, I throw up a little in my mouth. I guess she reminds me to much of a couple of my ex`s. All I see whenever she opens he mouth is a needy, whiney psycho chick. Her performance tonight was weak at best. She should be Bottom 3 tonight.

Dread Lock Aggie boy: My daughter assures me that he has the 16 year old girl vote locked up and isn’t going anywhere. I thought he looked awkward on that stool tonight. Very fidgety. His performance was predictable and boring but he did what does and did it well.

Bad Hair Emo Boy: Best in show. Plain and simple. The only one that really has Star Potential left in the contest. I didn’t really like tonight’s performance as much as the Judges did but the other side what the hell else could a Rocker Guy do on Mariah Cary night?

Summary: Bottom 3 = Carley, Brooke, Syesha
Carley Goes Home but I would MUCH rather see either of the other two leave.

Thanks to Youtube I was able to watch the performances at work yay

Jason Castro - He's got my vote locked in too. I LOVE his voice, I LOVE what he does to a song. Can't deny that he's nice on the eyes too. I agree he looked a tad weird on the stool, very fidgety, I think he doesn't know what to do without his guitar.

Smiley Lip Licker Boy: Ugh. Seriously. I can't stand this kid. Yeah yeah yeah, he can sing, but seriously? Boring. He's not going anywhere though.

David Cook Captain Emo: I'm not normally a fan of his but I got it tonight. Wow. I loved it. I agree, best in show. I loved what he did, he didn't have much to work with, but it happened and it was awesome.

Forgettable Black Chick - Vanishing. Appropriate song. I mean, she did a great job with the song, but very unoriginal.

Kristy Lee Cook: I thought she did a good job, definitely the best of the girls, but thats not saying much, look at the other 3.

Tattooed Irish Lass: She looked great tonight, but the performance was pretty good...I really like her voice, but I'm not sure this is the right venue for her. I thought she did a good job though, better than people are saying.

Brooke: I think she did better than people are saying, but it wasn't OOOOH GREAT. I thought it was better than past perfornaces from her...but actually now that I'm getting to the end this is kinda bad.

Oh yeah bottom three: Brooke, Seyesha, Carly. Brooke should go.

Personally I didnt think last night was one of David Cooks better performances but why did the Judges feel so moved??

Davids terminally Ill (Cancer) brother was there. There was little doubt that David was performing for his brother who may not have many more opportunities to see him.

The fact that David and the Idol producers are not going for the public sympathy votes and not mentioning this on air is something I completely respect. The judges did the right thing in praising such a heartfelt performance.

Davids tears last night were as genuine as anything you will ever see on Idol. I am realy starting to pull for this guy to win.

Also I stumbled across links to full albums by a couple contestants from a couple years ago.
http://www.amazon.com/Analog-Heart/dp/B0016K6JAS/ (Bad Hair Emo Boy)
http://www.amazon.com/Devoted/dp/B0016K141W/ (Country Hottie)
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-High/dp/B000VRH2HQ/ (Tattooed Irish Lass)
http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Attic-Brooke-White/dp/B000KF0X0W/ (Twiggy on too much estrogen)
http://www.amazon.com/rolling-Film/dp/B00005AKVD/ (Grandpa)

Also I stumbled across links to full albums by a couple contestants from a couple years ago.
http://www.amazon.com/Analog-Heart/dp/B0016K6JAS/ (Bad Hair Emo Boy)
http://www.amazon.com/Devoted/dp/B0016K141W/ (Country Hottie)
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-High/dp/B000VRH2HQ/ (Tattooed Irish Lass)
http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Attic-Brooke-White/dp/B000KF0X0W/ (Twiggy on too much estrogen)
http://www.amazon.com/rolling-Film/dp/B00005AKVD/ (Grandpa)

Thanks for taking the time to find these. Hadn't thought of doing a search for their albums. I'd only heard that Carly and David Cook had CD's out. Guess anyone with a bit of funds can have a CD made...it's the marketing that makes it work, though.

After listening to the clips that Amazon makes available, I'd have to change my (personal) view of a few of the artists. Now, that I've heard 'what makes them unique, in their own style'.

David Cook--Sings too much in his head. It sounds like the power is there, but it's muffled by his style of singing. Perhaps that's how a 'rocker' is supposed to sing? Yet, his voice isn't pure. It's stifled.

Carly--Pure and grabbing your soul. Sure, it's of a 'pop' variety, but her vocals are clear and moving. Guess it was the poor marketing that sold only 300+ albums of this CD the first year. Now, with the exposure of AI it should take off!

Brook--Too bad her album isn't there for listening to. The reviews are positive, though. Don't know what they meant by her "rocking the piano'...She's a simpleton that plays 'block cords' during her performances on AI. Maybe she's better in the studio?

Kristy Lee--Can this girl hold a tune? I'm sorry, but although her voice appears nice and 'easy listening country', her voice goes flat in a number of places. (okay, I was a music minor at the University I attended, so I'm hyper critical). She's young, so perhaps her voice will mature later in life. She's still very young. But get some voice lessons, girl!

Michael--Another pure voice. I hope her makes BIG TIME there down under. He deserves it. After hearing this recording I change my votes to the 'final 2' of him and Carly. Know it won't happen, though. :^(

Did you find any other recordings of the Top 10 (sans AI) for us to listen to?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Not sure if you saw the ones I posted a while back.. Here they are again if you missed them:

Country Hottie Video

Cook`s Band Axium

michael Johns Band - The Rising

Also I agree with most of what you said about the recording, but I think David Cook has come along way since the older recording you were listening to. With a good producer he could be great.

Kristy Lee - Obviously she would be going into country. The most IMPORTANT thing in a great country song is the STORY. If she get the right song with the right lyrics that people can relate too, She will could have great success.

Carley - Needs to give up on being a Pop star. She needs to find herself and be whatever that is. She is being led too many ways by too many different people. I would love to hear Carley try a Johnette Nepalotano Song (Concrete Blonde) such as Still in Hollywood, Haunted Head or Tomorrow Wendy. Or something like a Kelly Hogan song. (If you haven’t heard of these people, Google them. I will be well worth your time I think)

I didn't see it last night (and I'm glad..it was my birthday and I was OUT), but anyway, I have ONE thought right now.

Whats with this 'Sing us a last song after we told you you're not good enough' deal? I wouldn't sing! I'd take the mic and get bleeped out for telling American how wrong they were. Then I'd go back to the hotel and take all the towels I wanted.

Totally unprofessional, I know, but I'm not a singer. I don't think I could do that! :D:D~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

My Little country Hottie is outta there.[:/]

I still think that with the right song and a good producer she can do well in Country. I think she may turn out to be another Kelly Pickler. Not the top of the heap but able to make a nice living.

Oh.. And I got a Horses she can Ride. Might even let her wear spurs long as she agrees to wear nothing else.;):D

I've learned to not click on anything from this thread from 5:00pm on, cause people start posting things that I have to wait 3 hours to see here in CA. Sure glad I waited for your post, sir. :P

Yeah, I thought it was Brook's time to go, but guess they like block cords better than flat notes this week. ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Once again I was wrong. I didn't expect Country Hottie to go tonight. I did hear the few flat notes, but I truly thought Brooke's performance was much worse....block chords and all.

Finale is still David and David.

Andrew Lloyd Webber next week?
Wow.
I'm pretty excited and curious to see what people do with it :)

I can't say I'm surpised Kristy was sent home, she's good, but she was constantly in the bottom, although she was improving, she just didn't have the support.

I predict that Smiley will hit the ball out of the park next week....

Andrew Lloyd Webber...omigod..that's a show I'll be skipping.

How about a Ramones week!!;) Now that would be fun!

--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

How about a Ramones week!! Now that would be fun!

David A doing Teenage Lobotomy.

Brooke could do Psycho-therapy.

Syesha doing KKK took my baby away.

Carley doing "Sheena is a Punk Rocker"

Dread Boy doing "I wanna be sedated"

And have David C close the show doing "Beat on the Brat" and actually do it by smacking David A around a bit.

Would go down as the GREATEST Idol show in history!!

And have David C close the show doing "Beat on the Brat" and actually do it by smacking David A around a bit.

OMG...:D:D:D:D:D
Yeah, I'd actually pay $$$$ to see that! You should send that idea into SNL!~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

:D:D:D:D
this would give me a reason to watch again. now that kristy is gone, I don't even care.