airtwardo

Miss you already big fella.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

My loyal companion and best friend for the last 12 years moved on last night.

It's been a pretty rough 8-10 months for us here, but this one's really hittin' me hard. :|

See ya on the other side Mr. Bear, we'll head down to the lake...you & me... no leash... like we use to.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

A Dog's Prayer

by Beth Norman Harris

"Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest - and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands."
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Thanks man...I needed that~

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest - and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands."

He wasn't doing to well and I knew it was coming, I was up all night layin' next to him on the floor, scratching his face, feeding him ice and talking to him...

He wasn't a 'pet' he was both friend & family...I'm glad I could help him get through this, he was always there for me.

Ive been there before. :( It always hits me so hard when animals die. I cant put my finger quite on it but I think it has to do with the fact that animals just seem so innocent. They dont ever deliberately try to fuck people over, they dont lie cheat or steal (unless its a ferret, hehe). And generally theyre full of love.

Im sorry for your loss. [:/]

At least you gave him some good years I gather.

More like, he gave me...;)

He was the runt of the litter and no one wanted him, we were just going over to 'take a look...' :$

I looked at him ~ he looked at me...& we were walking to the car before my wife could say "...but I thought we were just..." :o:SB|

I'm sure he had as great a time with you as you did with him. My condolences, he was beautiful!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm so sorry you lost your buddy , Jim. I lost my buddy Junior New Years day. He was waiting for me on the washroom floor , when I came in from the garage after visiting my mom. I walked in he raised his head and blinked...then he just died.
I know exactly how you feel , he wasnt a dog.....he was family.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Aww what a beautiful pooch he was, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my Bear after 13 years. I miss him sooo much!
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

Thanks man...I needed that~

He wasn't doing to well and I knew it was coming, I was up all night layin' next to him on the floor, scratching his face, feeding him ice and talking to him...

He wasn't a 'pet' he was both friend & family...I'm glad I could help him get through this, he was always there for me.

The best kind of relationship is one in which both parties consider themselves to be the luckier one and I'm sure you both had that going for you. You had a nice long run together and you made his final night as good as it could possibly be. You have my condolences on the loss of your loved one.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

My loyal companion and best friend for the last 12 years moved on last night.

It's been a pretty rough 8-10 months for us here, but this one's really hittin' me hard. :|

See ya on the other side Mr. Bear, we'll head down to the lake...you & me... no leash... like we use to.

sorry dude,
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664