LuckyMcSwervy

Weekend Numbers: Nov. 15 & 16

:o:o:o : 0 : 0

Saturday - Terrible weather, tornado watches, etc., no jumps. :( Did have 2 skydiving friends come over after their all nighter of partying in Atlantic City. They made me laugh, we hung out for a few hours until the new dude "new special person in my life" came over. ;)

Sunday - High winds, no jumps. :( The new dude "new special person in my life" is on his way to Z-Hills as I write this. I'm happy for him but I'd rather be on my way down there with him instead of going to work tomorrow!

No beer owed from me this weekend! :|

Edited for SO clarification. ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.

0:0

I feel your pain - I started to drive to the DZ today at around 11am, and called one of my friends before getting too far along.

The pilot got sent home at about 11:30. SHIT!!!!

This is the first weekend in a couple of months that I haven't made a jump! Shit!!!!

(Do I sound disappointed? ;) )

T.I.N.S.

good thing you don't live here then:P:P:P

:$:0:0 but not unusual for this time of year

probably no jumping for 6 weeks[:/][:/][:/][:/]

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Another reason to come back here. ;):)

you know i would be there in a heartbeat if i could...don't think doc would like it if i transplanted down there without him though:D:D:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

:o:o::(::(

The sky ridder is having a new engine mounted so the DZ rats had BBQ and poker at El Josh's casa Saturday night. Sunday was great weather but no ride in the ICT.

Thought about going to SDK but lingered in bed and enjoyed the day.

Next week .... an additional 50 hp;)
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Only one jump, but it was a full altitude, something I haven't done in a while. I love hop & pops! I felt bad because we had a visiting jumper from back east named Harry who was looking for people to jump with, and I wasn't too sure about my belly skills after a couple of months off. Sorry Harry, I should have just jumped with you...my belly flying was fine. Hope he enjoyed his stay here!
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

:)
Bee-yoo-tifull weather here, blue skies and warm, just very short days. Made 3 RW jumps on Saturday, including videoing Vskydiver and Dangeroo. Made 2 today with V and was suited up for a third when the fog rolled in as the sun slid down the sky. Still a great weekend for November.

B|:5:0

Great weekend when I can jump each time with my sweetie and he doesn't get called away to do tandems and or AFF.

This is the first weekend in a couple of months that I haven't made a jump! Shit!!!!

So I guess you mean

0:0: -->:D

Anyway...

:):0:0
Bad weather, early sunset and the other kind of Relative Work conspired to keep me out of the skies.

On the plus side, my aunt and uncle celebrated their golden anniversary on Saturday and on Sunday my parents and me went out for dinner.
Of course, all the nephews and nieces know I skydive so I got a lot of the "I so wanna do that" routine at my aunts party. I answered their questions, but also told them that shit can/will happen. Naturally I do not expect any of them to follow through on the ethanole-induced bravado, but I am open to being proved wrong.

Best of all, I met Skootz last Friday.
Neither of us knew anything about the other except that we're both skydivers and each others given names.
Quite by accident, I had foudn the ideal place to take an American girl who has never been to the Netherlands before:
A cabaret show, performed by Americans who continuously rip on their country (and mine).
Of course I also introduced her to some culture in the form of bitterballen as well as how you're supposed to tip the waiting staff.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom