Viking

When and Where was your FIRST jump?

Mine was July 20th 2000. A tandem at Elsinore with my dad who jumped with me! I then waited almost a year and then in on June 24th 2001 i started my Aff training at Skydive San Diego in Otay California. This must be the longest training period ever recorded b/c i still don't have my A!!!!

Heh. First jump May 2000(SL), went student on a SL progression that summer. Moved to Florida, spent about 2 years being broke then started my training back up in March 2002. Been jumping in between health problems and bad weather.

oh...and I was happy to have lost that other thing..that starts with a W

Weed whacker? wallet? whistle? wiener? wood pecker? wrench? I give up, what did you lose?

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Man this thread is depressing me. My first jump was in September of 1998. AFF 1 at Ocean City, MD. It's depressing cause lots of you started a while after me but have 4 or more times as many jumps. Heck, I know one guy that started a month before I did and has almost 20 times as many jumps. Well, I guess I can be happy about all the money I've saved, right?

Dave

First jump was July 14th 2001 did a tandem at Spaceland Houston Tx. and haven't looked back since :)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Happy skybirthday Anne!

Let's see, did my first IAD jump September 15, 2001 at Okanagan Skydive. I'll get off student status and go solo this weekend! I'm so obsessed now...B|

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Started may? (log book is at home :P) last year with my first S/L jump at Kapowsin, WA. Got in 38 jumps before winter set in, and I moved to Northern Michigan. Started up again as soon as the weather behaved, and got my A&B (on the same day :$) about a month ago.

62 jumps as of last weekend.. Night jump friday if the weather behaves! (hopes hopes hopes)
---
'Damn, I sure wish I would of kept that pretty silver handle' - cutaway ruminations

1st was at Skydive Space Center in Titusville, Florida on Dec. 10th, 2001. It was a tandem and I was being a complete tourist. I did not expect it to affect me in such a way.

2nd, same place on Dec. 18th, 2001, also a tandem and much better than the first.

AFF temporarily on hold.:(

Skydive Space Center rocks. Went there last summer for a few days during a vacation, did some freefly training-loved it. Great dz, friendly staff, super planes etc etc. :)

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

Hmmm let me think my first tandem was in Sep or Oct of 96 at Air Adventures in Clewiston FL. Did 2 more tandems between then and march 2002 when I started AFF. I just got my A about a week ago from the same place.;)

Matt

Providing ingenious solutions to all of your nonexistent problems! (For a fee)

My first jump was a tandem from a Cessna 210 in Homestead, FL in April 1997. However, a few weeks later, I saw that same plane crash on the evening news. I didn't decide to jump again until April 2000, when I did a tandem from a Twin Otter in Perris, CA. I started AFF in October 2001 at Air Adventures West in Taft, CA. I just faxed in my completed A card yesterday!

Sep 98 at the Byron Boys Boogie. Tandem out of the SkyVan , my first kiss pass too :). I watch that video and I can still feel the senstion of going out !!
Started (and finished) AFF, Oct 2000 (did another Tandem on Father's day 5 months prior). PAssed my A test in May 01, sent the paperwork in a little while later... well a long while later....
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

August, 1996 at Skydive Dallas. Went straight to the AFF, and loved it. Was so jacked up on adrenaline that I never thought about being scared, which settled in somewhere on my level 3 or 4.
Through my student progression, I think the most fun was my first solo from 13k. I just remember, since i didn't have to do turns or anything for a jm, that 60 seconds was a long time. I remember spotting other jumpers/groups in freefall thinking, THIS IS SO COOL.
I still get goosebumps looking at my aff videos :D.

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.