Viking

When and Where was your FIRST jump?

Skydive Las Vagas in Jean, NV

might not want to mix these two dz's up..... skydive las vegas is in boulder city and las vegas gravity zone is in jean...... one is a liked dz the other isn't to kindly to fun jumpers......i've been both places....

April 1, 2000 was a bad day for me. So on April 1, 2001 I changed my karma by attending AFF groundschool. Too windy to jump that day, but April 7, 2001 I did my level 1.
Went our every weekend and jumped when it wasn't too windy, got my A license in September.
My life is great now. GREAT. It may just be coincidence, but I think the skydiving did it. Still got my family and most of my stuff too. :)

Deuce!
I know exactly what you mean, and I don't think it is a conincidence...Guess this sport just gives us all a whole new outlook on things...

The key to walking on water... Is knowing where the rocks are

July 21, 2000 - Skydive Delmarva, Laurel, DE

Went to do one tandem and was instantly hooked. Came back a week later to do AFF and finished the whole course in 5 days. Wouldn't have taken me so long if we hadn't kept getting weathered out! Life has never been the same since - Thank God!

dove

Yup - 5 days. Would have been 3 if the rain and clouds hadn't hung around so much. Funny thing was - after the tandem I KNEW I had to do AFF. But I couldn't figure out how to do it financially. Each jump was so expensive and had to be done within 30 days of each other. I was beside myself trying to figure out how I could afford an expensive jump every month. But I just had to do it! Well, I just bit the bullet and payed for the whole course ahead of time to get the bulk discount. There was no question in my mind I would complete the course. I was thirsting for some airtime! To this day I still cannot financially afford to skydive. But I can't emotionally afford NOT to do it! Gotta keep the happiness bank account nice and fat. In the end - that's all that really matters. Now - who wants to make a jump? You don't mind if I don't wear a jumpsuit, do ya?;)

dove

"You don't mind if I don't wear a jumpsuit, do ya?"

Your more of a tease than my crazy ex g/f!! :P
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

California City - April 1987 - Static-line That same year a good friend also did her first jump at Cal City. 14 years later she tells me she is in an AFF course in Holister, California. Couldn't let her get away with that, so I started my lessons in Taft, Calif. 1 year later (a few months ago) we got married and now do two-ways together, ah, we also jump together....:ph34r: Damn, I love that girl!

ooohhhno :o

May 30 2002. Static line.
Skydive Ranch
Beiseker, Alberta, Canada

It was the most terrifying experience I've ever had. It was also the best thing that's ever happened to me. Been jumping ever since. First free fall (jump #7) June 14 2002. LOVE IT!!
ren

Skydive Spaceland - January 18th 2001

I am 1 1/2 years old!!!! And 560 jumps older.!:)
I love this sport!

BooYa#1
GR#50
You might be a skydiver if... Your having sex and she whispers in your ear "I've never done this before" and you yell out "Case of Beer"

Mine was November 23, 2000, one month after I went into remission from cancer. I was 25 when I was diagnosed and 25 when I went into remission. I was terminal with stomach cancer. I made a list of things I wanted to do should I survive, and skydive was #1. Once in remission, I decided to make the first tandem jump from the Otter at Skydive Spaceland in Rosharon, Texas. I have yet to conquere anything else left on my list (#2 was to spit off the Eiffel Tower).

Blue Skies
Allie
Alisha "Allie" Carsten

Don't remember if I posted to this thread before but it was June 1993, at Skydive North Alabama in Hazel Green, AL, near Huntsville. It had one of the tiniest LZs around for students (the size of a baseball field), and I never missed it during my training.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Emerald Coast Skydiving in Alabama just east of the Florida panhandle in May of 2004. Did 2 tandems. A year later, I kicked off AFF.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

1980. Vista Field, Kennewick, WA.

Not sure if DZ had a name, but instructor was BJ Alexander, JM was "Rainbow" Russ Rollins (RIP).

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

First tandem at Pinjarra WA November 11th 2005 then I did my stage 1 in Spain @ skydive spain on the 19th dec 2005 and finished my AFF on New Years eve running for the last load to get my consoles done :-) I had the biggest hangover the next morning No more Johnny Walker for me LMAO
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !