riddler

Skydiving in Navy ad

I have to wonder how prevalent is skydiving in the Navy?

As far as my knowledge of the navy is...Its about as prevalent as Navy SEALs since they're the ones that do it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I don't know about the US but in the UK life in the military comes with all kinds of opportunities for pursuing different sports. Hell, an active RAF officer was world champion skeleton bobsleigher a couple years back and represented us in the winter olympics at salt lake.

Maybe thats what they're getting at.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

All I know is that my original home DZ was the closest one to the US Naval Academy. We had some real pieces of shit coming out of Annapolis and jumping on the taxpayer's dime.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I know exactly what I said. I respect the collective group of citizens who choose to serve in the armed forces.

However, that doesn't change the fact that of the jumpers that came out of Annapolis, several deserve the words I used and more.

Putting on a uniform doesn't make you immune to criticism, particularly when you are still in an academic setting and have yet to serve.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Came across this while online today. I have to wonder how prevalent is skydiving in the Navy?

What's the matter with Navy folk skydiving? OK. Admittedly there'd be some risk of tripping over the arrester wires on landing, and the off-landing water hazard can be a bitch.....:P

Maybe they have a licensing restriction on their mobile DZs, you know, like "A" license can only land on CVNs, but if you've got a "D" and proven accuracy then you can go for the chopper deck on a frigate :D

And let's face it, it's a hell of a DZ to list in your logbook...: Jump#: 75, DZ: CVN 68 Nimitz, Aircraft: C2a Greyhound, "hop 'n' pop, surfed the crash nets".

Wonder if they'd consider hosting a boogie?B|

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

An those "pieces of shit" you so quickly called them... put their lives on the line so you can live in a country with a 7-11 on every corner and free trips to the salad bar...

Think about what you said....

Hi JRock

I never thought I'd be able to say that I agree with Mr Kennedy :ohowever this time I'm behind him 100%.

Just because someone graduates from a military acadamy doesn't mean they will be "putting their lives on the line". It's does mean that were educated at the taxpayers expense, and once they graduate they automatically become part of the good old boy/girl club, and recieve special privilages dury and after their time in the military.

I don't have any problems with officers that can walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

For every Graduate from a military academy there are thousands of enlisted swine that actually do the fighting. Sorry to say some of the enlisted folks will lose their lives because of poor leadership by some of the officers you blindly admire.

Ruby ridge: Sniper who took out whats his names wife while she was holding her baby a West Point graduate.

Air Force acadamy: Rape scandal & coverup. What happened to the perps that were protected by the "chain of command" B.S.

West point & Navy acadamy: 2 students (boy friend/girl friend) arrested and convicted of murder
they commited befor entering the academy.

R.I.P.
USAF, enlisted swine, 66-70

[replyI don't have any problems with officers that can walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

I was in Iraq from the start line until this April (as an E-6), I was VERY fortunate to serve with officers that understood the role of enlisted men and took their responsibilities to their subordinates seriously.

I saw other men with commissions who seemed to regard their rank as deserved and their position being given from on high. The term 'pieces of shit' is being nice when discussing these servicemen who regarded their subordinates as mere tools to ensure the advancement of their career/reputation.

I just want to put their names out there, I know they lurk: 1LT Spurgeon, CPT Erickson, CPT Woodhouse, MAJ Storck, MAJ Hettich, LTC Berenz. Thank you and your men remember you.

----------------------------------
Successfully avoiding adult responsibility since 1978!

I gotta agree with you Kennedy, when I was in the Air Force, I used to get ill with a lot of the Graduates from the Air Force Accademy. Not the ones who realized they had a lot to learn and went about learning, the ones that swore they Maverrick, Iceman, and Goose. That believed that little butter bar on the shoulder gave them the right to talk down to those of us in the enlisted ranks. It would make you sick if you ever saw some of the shit these fuckers would get away with with little or no punishment, and quite often with the tax payers footing the damage bill.

All respect to those who SERVE.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Wonder if they'd consider hosting a boogie?

Now there's an idea! First annual NAVY boogie. Hosting jumpers on an aircraft carrier - take off the jumps plane (or helicopter) from the deck. The landing area is well defined! If you land off, it gives their water rescue units a chance to practice their skills.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

The spot would have to be - well, Spot On!

Maybe we can get Flyangel2 and Skreamer to spot for us.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My baby brother is in the Navy (FMF HM1) and he jumped........he was serving with a USMC recon unit as a corpsmanB|

Then I gladly offer to buy your baby brother a beer should we meet. The corpsmen took damn good care of us. When we rested during the long marches, they never did - always walking around tending broken marines. Same during the long exercises.

You used to get this book in boot camp - dunno if they still get it or not - that we called the Red Monster. It had all sorts of knowledge in it. Every so often it would have a CMOH citation and I distinctly remember that many of them were for corpsmen. I wish I could find one of those Red Monsters. I still have my green one B|

Wonderful people corpsmen are.

If they want to jump at taxpayer expense - let'em. I'd rather my tax money go to that than some staffer's g/f fake boobs.

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

Just in case someone from the DOD is lurking (or someone in the forces wants to put up a "staff suggestion"...B|

A "Nimitz" class CVN has a deck area around 1,000' X 200' The "boogie" would have to be restricted to folk who can consistently land in say 500' X 200', ideally within 50' of a target. Open canopy by say 4,000' (to cover any "iffy" spots). and an approach circuit to keep well clear of the emergency chopper.

Oh yeah... One other thing... Last lift is for folk on ultra fast canopies!

???????

The last lift is the one where they run the spinny things at the back and we see if "your" stilletto97 really IS faster than a CVN :D:ph34r:.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

A "Nimitz" class CVN has a deck area around 1,000' X 200' The "boogie" would have to be restricted to folk who can consistently land in say 500' X 200', ideally within 50' of a target. Open canopy by say 4,000' (to cover any "iffy" spots). and an approach circuit to keep well clear of the emergency chopper..

Not to mention the landing area will also be moving;)

There was a pretty cool Navy ad a few years ago that pictured a Seal walking off the LZ with the caption "If someone wrote a book about your life, would anyone want to read it?"

A "Nimitz" class CVN has a deck area around 1,000' X 200' The "boogie" would have to be restricted to folk who can consistently land in say 500' X 200', ideally within 50' of a target. Open canopy by say 4,000' (to cover any "iffy" spots). and an approach circuit to keep well clear of the emergency chopper..

No worse than some regular, everyday landing areas I've dealt with in the past. BSA peeps UNITE!

Not to mention the landing area will also be moving;)

If the ship was moving into the wind, and you laid in a downwind swoop, you'd be SCA-REEEMING down that deck! Better catch that last arrest cable...

There was a pretty cool Navy ad a few years ago that pictured a Seal walking off the LZ with the caption "If someone wrote a book about your life, would anyone want to read it?"

I don't want to have a "life story" that people will want to read, I want to have a "life story" that conservative Bible-thumpers will want pulled from the shelves!

Elvisio "packing my water flotation gear" Rodriguez