LuckyMcSwervy

Weekend Numbers: May 2 & 3, 2009

8:0:0

At least 8 hours spent playing silly games on the Wii. Hitting scarecrows while racing cows is good stuff.

Rain = no skydiving. To be expected, it always seems to rain on the weekends closest to my birthday. That's okay though, there will be plenty of sun to play in over the next few months. :)

Rain = no skydiving...to rain on the weekends closest to my birthday. That's okay though, there will be plenty of sun to play in over the next few months. :)

I jump at the same DZ as skybytch so no jumping for me either.

:| : 0 : :|

Still have my interview coming up next Thursday so I've been able to spend some time preparing for that.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

:)
Despite the crappy weather here too, was able to sneak in 2 jumps on Friday.

2 weeks til the Caravan returns home from Mesquite:D:D
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

:|-:D-:o

Wooohooo first jump of the year, finally!!

Borrowed rig, My reserve being repacked, broken altimeter discovered during climb, and wicked line twists- but who cares!! I still got some big air!!!:)Huzzah!!

Add: before I get flamed for being reckless- i did notify an instructor in the plane who also had an audible who let me use his wrist dial-(thanks man) and I said I was pulling at 4 grand on the ground due to the borrowed rig and first jump of the year and i was able to twist faster than the winding lines with plenty of air- so:P
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

0:1:0

I don't know if a hop n' pop from a decending cessna at 2700ft counts...but damn...it felt good after sitting around all day.

staff: the students have all opted for a better day
pilot: cool, lets go home
Staff: No AWOS says we can get 2500ft
pilot: your joking?
staff: Nope, lets go.

:PB|

Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

At least 8 hours spent playing silly games on the Wii.

lol...my son came to my house today and promptly beat all my scores on my new Wii Fit. I spent almost an hour trying to get back to #1 today when I was supposed to be cleaning the house. I could only manage to beat him at step aerobics!

I told him I always did like his sister better. Yes, I'm holding a grudge. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

:)
Too many obligations to go out Saturday, but Vskydiver and I went out today, made 4 jumps from the Otter. Kind of cold on the first one, but dressed warmer for the rest. Valinda was working with her new video setup. Got some good video, some of the time.:S:)
Not a big crowd today at the DZ. Ran out of jumpers before we ran out of daylight.[:/]

:):)0

;)

New to us pilots, kinda interesting GPS spotting, I think we could have played a "field bingo" game today "Oh, I guessed the unplowed field next to the highway, and someone GOT there!" But nice apart from that.;) Did some fun head up jumps with some new people, and I think I'm resolving my backsliding issue, that's just one issue of my many issues, but I'm working on them. Did some free packjobs for a friend and helped some students with the packing, because I'm NICE. And kind:P
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

:$:1:0

wind, clouds, wind, clouds and more wind. today was actually decent but was forecasted for not and so they closed the dz for the day ----- ahhh...spring in the northwest :S:S:S
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I told him I always did like his sister better.

Taken out of context, that would make a nice sigline :)

Anyhew...

:):0:0

No jumps for me - but through the efforts of many, all 17 new SL-students did get their first three jumps in on Saturday. It is awesome how everyone did the best they could in making Saturday a succes.

Unfortunately the second big student event on Sunday had to be cancelled due to high winds. The plan was to take the advanced students to another DZ for RW instruction from 12k.

This weekend, even though even PCMN can't beat the weather, we have shown that despite all the difficulties we are faced with courtesy of ATC we are far from defeated.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

[:/]:4::D:D:D

Crap WX all weekend but did get loads up Sunday. Nothing higher than 8K I believe. Fun jumps when stuff was lower.

Owe for rig, jumpsuit, and first CReW. Sorry Hobie but Dan & I pulled it off but it took a long time to get it together.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I planned to jump at The Farm Sunday, but the weather was looking pissy, and then I had to run for cover when the green-tinted wall cloud started screaming over.

Good thing the tornado had already gone back up by then but that was close. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hmmmmm...

3 bottles of tequila
3 pitchers of Sangria
72 bottles of beer
2 bottles of wine
1 bottle of berry mojito
25 VERY happy guests

B|

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?