skittles_of_SDC

A question for women about dates

The game was invented by women and they make all the rules and the rules change without notice...often. There is at least one perfect example of that in this thread (Hi Rosa! :P)

Downward, please do not address me on here as you did. Yes, we know who we both are because you used to work at Elsinore years ago, and I used to skydive there. That said, outside of an occasional "hello" as acquaintances many years ago, we've have had no interaction. Plus, I was in a serious committed relationship with my then BF of many years (a surfer, not skydiver), so I was not in a dating pool of any kind.

I assume that what you know of me now comes from my posts. Please just know that even though I'm sure you didn't mean for it to be offensive, your post sounds like you are accusing me of changing MY own rules. I hope you weren't trying to be rude.
~~~~~~~
It's funny anyway, that when I write that a man should call and not play by silly rules, I'm accused of "changing rules". There are no rules. People need to do what feels right for them. Everyone is different. Why can't someone go with what feels right at the moment, and if that means calling her the next morning, do it!

Also, Poe's scenario of being stalked is creepy, and I'm sure that many woman have had that kind of creepy stalkerish type who would not leave her be. I know I've had that kind of stalker type of attention, and it's horrible.

MEN: DO NOT BE THAT GUY. When I wrote that a man who likes a woman should flatter her or give her attention, I'm talking about a normal kind of attention. Do I really have to spell out what is clingy or over-the-top? Nobody likes to be stalked or harassed. Period.

Then again, if you don't like a person, there is no reason to give that person your personal information, such as email, phone number, etc. At least, that's my thought on the subject. Keep it simple.

My apologies. I did not realize I was being rude for calling you by your name. Consider the problem rectified.

That being said. My point was the women make up the rules and each is different. And although you think we (men) should not play by silly rules, you state in your book (of rules?) if a man doesn't call the next day then he doesn't like her. So yes you do have your very own rules and be damned the man who is interested in you but doesn't realize this.

And you wonder why most men don't know what they are talking about. :P

www.FourWheelerHB.com

>There are no rules. People need to do what feels right for them. Everyone is different. Why can't someone go with what feels right at the moment, and if that means calling her the next morning, do it!

Well, there are rules, it's just that as a woman you are far better at understanding them than us "neanderthol" men typically are.

Why can't they do that? Because for men it ends up breaking all kinds of "normal" or "commonly accepted" rules that women set out for us. The response that men have when they (finally) get to interact with a girl that is actually interested in them and that they are interested in, is that they end up doing things that you don't like. Most women are lightyears ahead guys in terms of social intelligence, thus, men end up having to spend time finding out what you do like, and, for the most part, men can be quite rigid in their belief structures-thus making it that much more difficult for them to understand that you don't like something. That is why you can't just "go with the flow" if you are a guy. You'r mind has to be working overtime when you are around girls. Not just everything flies like when we're around other dudes.

>MEN: DO NOT BE THAT GUY.

For the love of god, don't be that guy. Open your mind a little bit and think about what does and doesn't piss women off. Don't just "go with the flow," especially if you are guilty of being stalkerish.

>When I wrote that a man who likes a woman should flatter her or give her attention, I'm talking about a normal kind of attention.

What constitutes a "normal" kind of attention? It takes a lot of social trial and error for guys to find that out.

>Do I really have to spell out what is clingy or over-the-top? Nobody likes to be stalked or harassed. Period.

Unfortunately, yes. Is this your responsibility to do? No. The guy who does it has to change, not you. It is your job to reject him if he does that, and it is his job to think about what happened and change his behavior.

>Then again, if you don't like a person, there is no reason to give that person your personal information, such as email, phone number, etc.

Totally. That is a major blunder, and here is a case where women need to change their behavior. Don't be rude, but don't give him methods to continue interacting with him if your not interested. That goes for both sexes.

For the record, my husband stalked me for 4 years.... ;):ph34r: Persistance paid off for him. B|

g

Whoa!!! You go girl - he is a keeper. Most guys stop paying attention rather quickly. If they got you, they stop because they achieved their "goal". If they didn't get you, they stop because "it's too much work".

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've been with men who lack basic romance skills. I'm rather pragmatic and very practical and they may take their que from that ... I don't know ... I'm a girl and like to be treated as such, regardless of how "strong and independent" I am. It is little things that get me so it doesn't "cost" a lot to win my heart - but one must try ... for more than a week ...

O

>Whoa!!! You go girl - he is a keeper. Most guys stop paying attention rather quickly. If they got you, they stop because they achieved their "goal". If they didn't get you, they stop because "it's too much work".

Well said. Thus, both men and women need to understand what keeps the other partner interested without appearing impossible to "obtain." (Not that a relationship with someone implies possession of that person... although such a pathology does occur)
Of course, that assumes that both partners are actually interested in the other to begin with.

edit: In no way does that mean that being "easy" is your goal, either. Both sexes respond to a little bit, key LITTLE BIT of challenge.

I agree with you about the next day call, Rosa. A guy calling and saying, "I had a great time with you last night and I hope you did too. Do you want to go to a movie on Wed?", is prefectly acceptable and preferred in my book.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In that time you haven't wondered for very long about what he thought about the date. I'm of the opinion that soaking in a little bit of curiosity (for a few days, not hours) gives you a chance to heighten your interest. This has lead to some great times in the past.

LOL I kid... he stalked me from afar... I had no clue he liked me or that we even met. He waited until I was single and made his move. Matter of fact, I thought he was really creepy when we met (for the 2nd time lol), but he was patient & persistant.

It was pretty bumpy at first.... but with good open honest communication (and respecting/loving each other for who we are) we realized we were a perfect fit! :ph34r:

I think too many times women have an expectation (whether we are willing to admit it or not) and unfortunately men cannot read minds. Thus women have to be honest, and men have to learn to ask without either getting on the defensive.

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Page 5 it's all about self respect.
Respect your self and who you are and respect her choice.
If she says no then it's no walk away, her loss!
If she says yes then ok cool.
Either way remember who you are and what you are and respect your self.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game was invented by women and they make all the rules and the rules change without notice...often. There is at least one perfect example of that in this thread (Hi Rosa! )

Downward, please do not address me on here as you did. Yes, we know who we both are because you used to work at Elsinore years ago, and I used to skydive there. That said, outside of an occasional "hello" as acquaintances many years ago, we've have had no interaction. Plus, I was in a serious committed relationship with my then BF of many years (a surfer, not skydiver), so I was not in a dating pool of any kind.

I assume that what you know of me now comes from my posts. Please just know that even though I'm sure you didn't mean for it to be offensive, your post sounds like you are accusing me of changing MY own rules. I hope you weren't trying to be rude.
~~~~~~~

Wow it didnt seem rude to me. It looked like he was just joking[:/]
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Edit: For the record she's already said yes to dinner. I just thought it'd be nice to know for the future cause idk if I tried way too hard on this one.

Another question I've never fully understood is--when does something officially become a "date"? If a man and a woman--both unattached, heterosexual, not related, and not in a work context--go out and have dinner together, is that automatically considered a "date"? Because there have been times when I've been in that situation where it has not really seemed like a date and other times when it definitely has the atmosphere of a date.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

I agree with you about the next day call, Rosa. A guy calling and saying, "I had a great time with you last night and I hope you did too. Do you want to go to a movie on Wed?", is prefectly acceptable and preferred in my book.

+ 1

I dated a guy a few years ago who called me 15 minutes after we parted to "make sure I got home okay" (we both live in the same town and met up at a nice, local restaurant/bar). And then he asked me out for a couple of nights later. :)
Oh yeah, and then we broke up a few months later. :D:D:D
Always be kinder than you feel.