skittles_of_SDC

A question for women about dates

When a guy is trying to get a date out of you is there a definitive line between persistence and trying too hard? If so what is it? Just thought it would be interesting to know.

Edit: For the record she's already said yes to dinner. I just thought it'd be nice to know for the future cause idk if I tried way too hard on this one.

Who are you trying to date Skittles?

O

That's not of importance (no one from DZ.com). :P

I would like to hear your answer if you have one though. :)

I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but ...

It depends! If I like the guy, he gets more leeway on what he says and how insistent he is; if I don't like the guy, I'll get turned off easily if he continues to push the issue. Yes, it's a delicate balance - just pay attention to the signs. Is there chemistry? Is she acting flirty or annoyed? That's where you'll find your answer, not in what she says ...

Good luck! (And I'm disappointed you're not trying to date me :P )

O

Is she acting flirty or annoyed? That's where you'll find your answer...

This is close to what I would say. If she's being coy and flirty it may not hurt to suggest a lunch date if she's refused a nighttime one. Some people like that "hard to get" stuff. But if she's annoyed (look at her face: not smiling, rolling eyes, clenching teeth, red faced, distant look) or making up excuses not to go, move on.

Also, don't try to impress her with stupid macho shit when you're trying to hit on her ("I never thought I'd be this well off by my age!" "I have three boats!" etc.) (some idiot actually said these things and more to me last weekend; I wish I were meaner, I would've called him out for being a huge douche).
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." ~Catherine Aird

Who are you trying to date Skittles?

O

That's not of importance (no one from DZ.com). :P

I would like to hear your answer if you have one though. :)

I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but ...

It depends! If I like the guy, he gets more leeway on what he says and how insistent he is; if I don't like the guy, I'll get turned off easily if he continues to push the issue. Yes, it's a delicate balance - just pay attention to the signs. Is there chemistry? Is she acting flirty or annoyed? That's where you'll find your answer, not in what she says ...

Good luck! (And I'm disappointed you're not trying to date me :P )

O

If it doesn't go well with this girl you can be my silver medal. :o:P:D

Is she acting flirty or annoyed? That's where you'll find your answer...

This is close to what I would say. If she's being coy and flirty it may not hurt to suggest a lunch date if she's refused a nighttime one. Some people like that "hard to get" stuff. But if she's annoyed (look at her face: not smiling, rolling eyes, clenching teeth, red faced, distant look) or making up excuses not to go, move on.

Also, don't try to impress her with stupid macho shit when you're trying to hit on her ("I never thought I'd be this well off by my age!" "I have three boats!" etc.) (some idiot actually said these things and more to me last weekend; I wish I were meaner, I would've called him out for being a huge douche).

Not a problem. I'm 21, still live at home, don't have a job and have almost no money left. :D

Oh and thanks to both of you for the honest, serious answers. :)

If you've made it known once or twice that you'd like to go out and she's put you off, then lay-off for awhile. Be pleasant if you see her but don't go out of your way to flirt with her. If she's a girl who likes to play "the game", she won't like that you aren't paying attention to her anymore and she'll come to you. If she doesn't pursue you, then she's clearly just not that into you.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If you've made it known once or twice that you'd like to go out and she's put you off, then lay-off for awhile. Be pleasant if you see her but don't go out of your way to flirt with her. If she's a girl who likes to play "the game", she won't like that you aren't paying attention to her anymore and she'll come to you. If she doesn't pursue you, then she's clearly just not that into you.

She's already said yes to dinner. I just thought it'd be nice to know for the future cause idk if I was trying way too hard on this one.

I'm 21, still live at home, don't have a job and have almost no money left.

She's already said yes to dinner.

So what will Mommy be making for dinner? Just make sure she puts away your sippy cup and gives you a big boy glass to drink out of. Gots to impress the hottie. :P
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

When a guy is trying to get a date out of you is there a definitive line between persistence and trying too hard? If so what is it? Just thought it would be interesting to know.

Edit: For the record she's already said yes to dinner. I just thought it'd be nice to know for the future cause idk if I tried way too hard on this one.

OK, seriously... yes, there's a line. I can't stand douche nozzles who like to flaunt stuff, whether it be salary, car, # of skydives, etc.)... it's a total turn off to me.

Also, if you ask once, and I give you the "I'm flattered but" line... then please take the hint and don't ask again. And please don't call me a lesbian because I'm not interested in you!!

Sometimes people grow on you, sometimes not. You don't want to burn any bridges just in case sparks start to fly at a later date. :P

And I'm so glad to hear you have a real date!! B|B|

I'm sure there will be video... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Always be kinder than you feel.

I'm 21, still live at home, don't have a job and have almost no money left.

She's already said yes to dinner.

So what will Mommy be making for dinner? Just make sure she puts away your sippy cup and gives you a big boy glass to drink out of. Gots to impress the hottie. :P

Woah. Slow down there big guy. I said I don't have money. I didn't say I don't have credit. Credit card companies apparently cant give me credit fast enough. :D

For the record I could move out any time I want to. I own a place I can live if I do. I just choose not to.

OK, seriously... yes, there's a line. I can't stand douche nozzles who like to flaunt stuff, whether it be salary, car, # of skydives, etc.)... it's a total turn off to me.

Also, if you ask once, and I give you the "I'm flattered but" line... then please take the hint and don't ask again. And please don't call me a lesbian because I'm not interested in you!!

Sometimes people grow on you, sometimes not. You don't want to burn any bridges just in case sparks start to fly at a later date. :P

That's how I get all my girls. We start as friends and talk casually. Usually on a pretty constant basis and then BAM! all of a sudden they realize they have feelings for Skittles. Obviously due to his killer sense of humor, charm, wit and of course modesty. :P

That's how I get all my girls. We start as friends and talk casually. Usually on a pretty constant basis and then BAM! all of a sudden they realize they have feelings for Skittles. Obviously due to his killer sense of humor, charm, wit and of course modesty. :P

And that's why I love you, Skitts. :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

When I was single and happy.....I never asked more than once.
I'm not rich, I don't own anything expensive and I'm really not that good looking so.....if I met a girl and she was cool and the conversation was going well I would just ask once.
"Hay your cool, I would really like to know you better....what are you doing tomorrow? Up for a coffee?"
If she said yes then great, if she said no......well then it's a no. I would thank her politely and go back and hang with my friends.
No girl is really worth making an ass of yourself. And in a sick way, the less you care about a girl…..the more she’ll respond to your advances.
But the key really is self respect and not looking desperate.
Now if you are a lucky trust fund baby and are a male model then….well this advice really doesn’t apply to you.
Either way good luck.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Hey Skittles! If she has said yes to dinner then you are definitely on the right path!!! Like O said there is a very fine line without a clear answer. For me it all depends on how much I like the guy.

You really just have to go with instinct and the cues she is giving you.

And personally I hate the "rules" about how long after the date before you can call the girl. If you had a good time and things go well, call her the next day and just simply let her know you had a good time and enjoyed the evening. If she likes you she will appreciate that. If she doesn't then you will know from her response.

If things go well you can bring her to Summerfest for us all to meet her!! :P
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I