Twoply

Who has a bathroom scale?

I do. Sam's Club has a nice one with a glass platform and digital read-out. My wife wanted to track her weight gain during her pregnancy. :S Now she's tracking her weight loss since then, and it's been two years! :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't have one. I use the scale at the gym. While wandering thru the storage room at work the other day i discovered one of those fancy scales like at the doctor's office. I guess i could go use that one too...but then someone might catch on to my sneaking off to the storeroom when i don't feel like working...

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Who the heck needs a scale, sit on my face and I'll guess your weight.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

I have a scale. I used to keep it in the kitchen, next to the fridge. Thought was I'd see the scale and eat less. Didn't work. So now it's in my closet. I step on it every once in a while to confirm why I can't fit into my clothes. [:/]

PMS #165 Swooo #613 CSA #687

Sort of related.

Men will lose weight faster than women, sorry ladies that's the breaks. I have read that if you are a woman and you are working out/dieting/whatever you want to call it, you should stay off the scale at least for the first 3 or 4 weeks you are working out. Instead of using a scale you should use a tight pair of jeans or an old bride's maid's dress. Guys you can do the same thing, remember those shorts that you used to fit in...well you will soon. Pictures are also good, I have a friend that puts on a bikini and takes a picture of herself then puts the picture on the fridge, so she is reminded every morning of her goal and where she is trying to get.

The reason that the scale is bad is because you will gain muscle, and 5 pounds of muscle takes up about half the area of 5 pounds of fat. So you may way the same but you will shrink, which lets be honest thats what we are all really after anyway.

That being said, I have been workingout 5 to 8 times a week since January and just at the end of March started stepping on the scale with any regularity.

It is a personal decision but there is my $.05 worth.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

Since we got back from our trip we use the scale and plot our weight loss,
Sunday morning ritual, weights and body fats %age.
We both packed on a few extra kilograms whilst traveling.
My highest was 87kg (192lbs) which is about 12kg heavier than my goal weight.
8 weeks back home and i am at about 80kg (176lbs) so working my way back to where i prefer to be.:)It seems to get harder and harder to work off those extra kilos.[:/]
I wouldn't worry so much about it, but i also found out that my cholesterol levels are through the roof, so losing weight and getting fit is a plus for my cholesterol as well.

Hey Remi, I should have stayed with the 32s :D:D:D:D

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I agree with the muscle gain and weighing every day at the beginning. I started 2 weeks ago doing a serious cardio, weights, nutrition regime. Today was the first day I show a loss even tho my clothes were fitting looser a week ago. Its a good tool if you know whats going on with your body and dont get demotivated by it

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Being an engineer, I have a bathroom scale that measures weight and body fat percentage, then uploads the info over my home wireless to a remote website, where I can track everything chronologically.

Oh yeah, there's an iPhone app, too, so I can get it there, as well.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Being an engineer, I have a bathroom scale that measures weight and body fat percentage, then uploads the info over my home wireless to a remote website, where I can track everything chronologically.

Oh yeah, there's an iPhone app, too, so I can get it there, as well.

Does it work out the appropriate menu options for you as well?:ph34r:
No, I don't have one, I don't think they are accurate. I get weighed at my dr's office once or twice a year. My current gym is a 'judgement free zone' so they decided to outlaw scales in the locker rooms, so that's not an option either (stupid I know). Other than that I just go by how my clothes fit. Hubby and I eat pretty healthy and work out so our weight has been fairly steady.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Sound off people.

I do not, but I think I want one.

My wife just picked up one to replace our 60 year old one, that is clear glass, and has digital readout...so far , as I can tell, it reads 25 pounds too heavy...at least that is what I have been telling Manifest for years!