LisaH

Heal quickly, DSE!

He also made sure they knew which knee it was. :DB|

He go to the VA?

Good luck on the surgery DSE!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Actually when I had my ACL done out in Vail, Co they wrote YES and NO on the tops of my feet :|

Needless to say at 19 by myself 1100 miles away from my family that freaked me out juuuust a little bit :ph34r: then after learning I was ACL recon #4 that day of 8...it made sense :ph34r:

Heal fast DSE!

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

When I went in for hand surgery I marked the good one "No, not this one" myself. :P ACL surgery, 19, far from home? Yeah, that'd be freaky. Glad it worked.

Spot, I hope the surgery goes great and you heal super, super fast. I can't imagine you sitting still too long anyway. All the best to you.:)

Oooh, you're in trouble! ;):ph34r:

Douglas, I hope you got the good news you were hoping for about the injuries. Let us know how you're feeling! :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Actually when I had my ACL done out in Vail, Co they wrote YES and NO on the tops of my feet :|

Needless to say at 19 by myself 1100 miles away from my family that freaked me out juuuust a little bit :ph34r: then after learning I was ACL recon #4 that day of 8...it made sense :ph34r:

When I had the foot surgery a few years ago, they asked me to mark my own foot in the prep room before they started the IV's. A couple months ago they also asked me before the hand surgery. Oddly, when I had the nasal surgery a few months back, they didn't ask.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Oddly, when I had the nasal surgery a few months back, they didn't ask.

They didn't ask me either! That's so weird! :o
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Oddly, when I had the nasal surgery a few months back, they didn't ask.

Okay...I'm not even gonna ask what that particular orifice might be confused with. :ph34r::D

Had to mark my shoulder "this one" (with an indelible marker no less) pre-op last year. Looks like I'll be doing the same thing with the same shoulder pretty soon. I'm thinking about having a stamp made this time just to screw with the Doc. :ph34r:

Good luck Spot! You did write that on the correct leg didn't you?;)

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

Good Luck, Doug. Speedy recovery to you.

When I used to work in the ORs. Patients would sometimes mark their own bodies excessively for surgery. In trying to prevent an error. They would sometimes create confusion. It's best to wait until you're there. Not everyone uses the same system.

yeah back in central flroida when i had to do OR clinicals for school the doctor would come in and talk to the patient and mark the correct leg after confirming it with the patient. one doc would literally write his name in GIGANTIC letters all up whatever extremity was being operated on. the looks on some patients faces was priceless.

but yeah, good luck man! heal fast!
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I can dislocate my shoulder at will, old football injury...

About 20 years ago I woke up in post op following lower spine fusion, the nurse asked how I was feeling...so I threw my shoulder out and said, "I Dunno it still kinda FEELS the same":)

I thought the poor woman was gonna have a heart attack! :ph34r:>:(

See Spot Run Heal! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Was this a new injury, or the aftermath of an old one?

A combination of old injury and a new one that exacerbated the old.

Shortest explanation...
My spinal column was damaged pretty badly in my accident two years ago, preventing allowing me to not feel pain in my left knee. The MCL and cartilage were damaged at that time.
At a recent skydiving event, I stepped on my tail and fell into the door frame of a PAC 750, causing a meniscal tear.
MCL and meniscus were dealt with this morning. We'll know in a week how well it's all coming along, and I have full expectations of being back in the air soon. With two knee braces, you can just call me "RoboSpot." :D
thanks for the wishes.
Lisa....no good deed goes unpunished.

When I had the foot surgery a few years ago, they asked me to mark my own foot in the prep room before they started the IV's. A couple months ago they also asked me before the hand surgery. Oddly, when I had the nasal surgery a few months back, they didn't ask.:|

Mr Spot is a very wise old man. Due to his senior yr's he's had lots of experience dealing with Dr's. If Mr Spot marks his body parts I'll follow his lead just like the old farts at the DZ.

Anyone want to guess if we get to see the video of the knee surgery. I'll start........ YES.

I've actually witnessed two funny O-shits from Dr's.

The first time a jump buddy "almost back in the day"
Was getting ready for open heart surgery 1972 style[:/], the gas Dr stopped by to evaluate the patient on surgery day,made some small talk about Ms XXX from church says hi, best wish's etc. My bud looks the Dr in the eye and tells him he doesn't know Ms XXX from any church.

The look on the Dr's face was :o Then :$ Then he was gone:)

The second O shit happened to us. We're wandering the halls in the ward and a Dr asks us if our name is YYY (First name). So we sit down and the dr's verifying our medical history history. Everything was correct :)

Dr is confused and this time verify's my First & Last name:S>:(B|. I reported his sorry ass to the hospital admin dept. and told them I didn't want to be charged for Dr's screwup.

Dr's are humans just like us they got lot's of patients. No one is 100%. Dr's are similar to a DZO, to pay all their expenses they need 100% effiecency to be a good Dr. Even at the inconvience of a few of the jumpers/patients

Get Well Mr Spot & don't forget the video of the surgeryB|

etil
One Jump Wonder

At a recent skydiving event, I stepped on my tail...

When I think of whuffo's reading this forum and encountering this line, it just amuses me no end.:D

Heal up soon!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.