skydiverkeith

New Mirage ad...

HAHAHHAHA excellent piece!

>(sorry, work and lack of sleep are making me dilirious)

work? that's the adult psychosis setting in- resist it at all cost.
I prescribe 2 jumps, and some You Tube;Fail Blog or Edbassmaster works nicely to counter the effects of adulthood
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

i'm gonna try and jump after work tomorrow and then again sat morning if the weathers nice.

i have to work :( its the only thing supporting my expensive habits. first scuba diving, then backpacking, now skydiving. i couldnt find anything cheap that was still fun. even sex gets expensive if you have it with the wrong people!
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

But those are the most fun![:/]

"i've developed a taste for a well made mistake"
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

even sex gets expensive if you have it with the wrong people!

Well stop screwing those girls (boys??)!! Jeez, all it should cost you is condoms, which are available for free at most clinics :P

Some guys gotta resort to the 'paid professionals'.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I only did that once! and it doesn't count because she was dressed as a hooker for halloween sorority party :P

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I only did that once! and it doesn't count because she was dressed as a hooker for halloween sorority party :P

If she charged, she wasnt dressed as a hooker, she _was_ a hooker.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

na it was an old gf. i gave her a dollar after just so she'd get all huffy and offended :D

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I am about to buy a new container (a complete system actually) and was debating between Mirage (I already own a G4) and Javelin.

Since Mirage's add clearly targets men, I guess my decision is made:

Javelin [:/] ...

Need a whambulance?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I love it........ I am not going to do a search but i will go with the statement " i don't think an AD has caused so much "talk" in a long time". To base a buying decision on a "bit of fun ad" is a little poor! A few months ago I took a long look at a few container websites and found that only Mirage had a complete run down of their container, parts and all of their options!

Their professional looking website (with lots of user friendly information, Friendly customer service, high quality parts, fast delivery time and kick ass looking container, is the reason why i chose to "want" to be a sponsored Mirage member!

I laughed when i saw the ad and laughed even more when i saw the Mirage ad in Blue Skies Magazine.

I do not go to the DZ and talk about politics, war or how global warming is affecting the world! I leave these conversations for boring evening meals with non jumpers! I go to the DZ to enjoy the "dirty" jokes, relaxed atmosphere and easy going guys and girls! So when i see a Mirage like ad i laugh and wonder why others give it such a bad wrap.

Personally to have a thread here on DZ.com dedicated to the ad is excellent marketing. I truly belive that the guys and girls at Mirage do not make a bad rig because they have published these ad's and anyone that does ......well lets just say it's very shortminded of them!

Come on guys and girls do you want the same looking ad's that all the manufactures provide month in month out!?

Just my 2 euro's worth

I love it........ I am not going to do a search but i will go with the statement " i don't think an AD has caused so much "talk" in a long time".

I've still never jumped at the Ranch, but when I do, I hope I meet the Hot Dog girl.

If you saw it, you remember it.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

...is the reason why i chose to "want" to be a sponsored Mirage member!

Well of course you're going to hype the container, you're sucking up. It's all about the sponsorship to you and has nothing to do with the fantastic products they make. I'll bet you don't even care about the comfortable fit that you'll only find on a Mirage or the wide range of main deployment options to fit your discipline and personal preference.

...is the reason why i chose to "want" to be a sponsored Mirage member!

Well of course you're going to hype the container, you're sucking up. It's all about the sponsorship to you and has nothing to do with the fantastic products they make. I'll bet you don't even care about the comfortable fit that you'll only find on a Mirage or the wide range of main deployment options to fit your discipline and personal preference.

Soundin kinda sponsored;)

I haven't seen a skydiving magazine ad create such a discussion since years ago when Truffer's "Skydiving" published the infamous chick-in-a-bathtub-full-of-hotdogs ad.
This ad generated "buzz";
Nuff said.:P

where is THAT pic ? :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

where is THAT pic ?

here
And here is the obligatory discussion thread.

Wendy P.

Thanks Wendy. I think the sausage fest tub is super funny. And WTF people complain about nudity ? you don't even see a nipple... Complaining for uncovered shoulders ?

Sex sells, always have always will.
If you don't like it move to a nice place like Iran where sex is only sold on the black market.

And no these guys were smart.
31k skydivers in the US +/-?
Of which 1k are women? +/-?
Where would my add money go the furthest?

I'm not a rocket scientist but 31K is slightly bigger than 1k and thus a bigger slice of the pie.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

31k skydivers in the US +/-?
Of which 1k are women? +/-?
...I'm not a rocket scientist but 31K is slightly bigger than 1k and thus a bigger slice of the pie.

no you're just an engineer... 31k skydivers - 1k women = 30k male :P