skydiverkeith

New Mirage ad...

NOTHING MAKES THEM DROP FASTER THEN A MAN IN A MIRAGE

That just ruined it for me. I think there's something wrong with me. Something terribly terribly wrong! :(

Nothing “wrong” with you … something wrong with the Mirage executives, once for being so shortsighted as to publish an ad leaving out a small, but not necessarily insignificant percentage of the skydiving population (i.e. potential customers) and once more for using spell-check rather than a proofreading service before sending material to the magazine [:/] ...

O

That just ruined it for me. I think there's something wrong with me. Something terribly terribly wrong! :(

Nothing “wrong” with you … something wrong with the Mirage executives, once for being so shortsighted as to publish an ad leaving out a small, but not necessarily insignificant percentage of the skydiving population (i.e. potential customers) and once more for using spell-check rather than a proofreading service before sending material to the magazine [:/] ...

O

Regardless of the context, I see the word "Mirage" being used a lot, so the ad execs can't be that shortsighted.;)
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

O

I don't get their thinking either. If we're talking about target market, you don't design your ads that focus on the majority of the target market, while AT THE SAME TIME potentially turning off the smaller percentage of the would be clients to their products. You either create different ads that focus on both the majority and minority of the target market, or have one marketing campaign for all.

There's nothing wrong with risqué advertising, but it has to be clever...that Mirage ad is not clever.

not a whole lot pisses me off more "then" an ad that is misspelled. "Than" again, Mirage kinda hits the mark well.
Some people read "buy a Mirage, you'll get more pussy."

Others (like me) read, "Mirage is for pussies.":D

They might be smarter than we think, trying to stir things up, just like what we are doing here.
I personally find the ad offensive and tasteless, with almost no creativity, but obviously, some people do not, which itself is not a problem, because I accept the fact that our society is deteriorating every day.
I am, however, disappointed at USPA for running the ad in the member-supported magazine. I thought the Parachutist's ad standards were higher than Maxim.

4DBill
http://4dbill.com

They might be smarter than we think, trying to stir things up, just like what we are doing here.
I personally find the ad offensive and tasteless, with almost no creativity, but obviously, some people do not, which itself is not a problem, because I accept the fact that our society is deteriorating every day.
I am, however, disappointed at USPA for running the ad in the member-supported magazine. I thought the Parachutist's ad standards were higher than Maxim.

Someone call the Whaaaaaaaaaambulance.

not a whole lot pisses me off more "then" an ad that is misspelled. "Than" again, Mirage kinda hits the mark well.

I jump a Mirage and have for 12 years...you calling me a pussy?
:P
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Some people will look for any reason to be offended. Gives them some kind of self justification to be "offended". I feel sorry for anyone that is genuinely offended something this trivial and harmless. Some will find if funny, Some will not. Who cares. Not worth getting the Panties in a wad over. Its a Joke, Laugh or don't and turn the page.

disappointed at USPA for running the ad in the member-supported magazine.

As for the USPA, They need the revenue from Ad`s else our Dues go up. I think you have it backwards, More like Members are being Ad supported.

Nothing “wrong” with you … something wrong with the Mirage executives, once for being so shortsighted ...

Shortsighted?
I haven't seen a skydiving magazine ad create such a discussion since years ago when Truffer's "Skydiving" published the infamous chick-in-a-bathtub-full-of-hotdogs ad.
This ad generated "buzz";
Nuff said.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I jump a Mirage and have for 12 years...you calling me a pussy?
:P

Ain't calling you a pussy....just sayin' that the ad can be interpreted as saying "Mirage is for pussies." :P
Had one...happier with my Rigging Innovations

Barry Gordy (Motown) once said "any publicity is good publicity, longs' they spell my name right." I agree.
However...somewhat surprised a manufacturer could misspell/use incorrect grammar in a full page ad. But "than" again, Mirage sure got everyone's attention...

The rest...I'm not happy about (in great part because it means that this particular month's Parachutist can't sit on the conversation table because of our customers). I'm not easily offended, but I'm also not one to rock the corporate boat when it comes to my client list.

Nothing “wrong” with you … something wrong with the Mirage executives, once for being so shortsighted ...

Shortsighted?
I haven't seen a skydiving magazine ad create such a discussion since years ago when Truffer's "Skydiving" published the infamous chick-in-a-bathtub-full-of-hotdogs ad.
This ad generated "buzz";
Nuff said.:P

So how good was that add? Does anyone remember what the chick-in-a-bathtub-full-of-hotdogs add was for?...

Question: Dont most of mirage's ads involve half naked women in some form?

I think the one Ive seen most is the torso and thighs of a flat bellied tan girl wearing a mirage with the mirage logo tanned onto her stomach (like the little playboy stickers they give out at the tanning booths...) Frankly I feel like this one is just tacky humor versus the pure sex appeal that they seem to usually use... And come on we're skydivers! Since when are any of us PC?! :P

I don't know guys... it seemed to work for me... considering I met my wife while skydiving and I've jumped a Mirage for almost all of my jumps... ;)

I should point out that the reason I own a Mirage is because I won a hefty discount in a raffle, in memory of Nate Gilbert, about the time I was looking to purchase my first rig... it is a good rig though and I would consider getting another one... I'm certainly not going to stop jumping the one I have... :P

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Who are you calling pussy? Just because I shaved my legs and wore pink panties for the photo shoot doesn't mean I'm a pussy:S I've got pretty legs for a fat man, huh?:P
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

[Just because I shaved my legs and wore pink panties for the photo shoot doesn't mean I'm a pussy:S I've got pretty legs for a fat man, huh?:P

So that wasn't SkyMama in the ad???:o[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

you mean
Perpetually Childlike?
<---------

well played you rogue
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

i'm watching all my friends do that. it seems not fun. all my friends are whiny bitches now, all they do is sit around talking about the things we used to do. thats why i took up skydiving - do something fun with people who are fun!
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

>Thats why i took up skydiving - do something fun with people who are fun!

yeah I did the responsible adult thing....it's a universally accepted psychosis I swear...not very fun sometimes.

which brings us back to the add- it's all about fun;

circle of life man- circle of life. hahahaha
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

ready for some logic? i think i remember how this works from college.

if legs and panties = fun
and if adult responsibilities = not fun
the variable of grammatical errors can be over looked.

then advertisments to adults with a lack of responsibility that contain panties and shitty grammar must be good and fun.

(sorry, work and lack of sleep are making me dilirious)

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"