Nataly

Can men and women be "just friends"

I voted yes. It is possible. Although, it helps if he's gay ;)

It takes a fair bit of maturity, and self-control if there is any sexual tension at all. Also, if either of you are in a committed relationship it takes a partner that can trust you and the other one w/o jumping to conclusions.

As far as I'm concerned, it's silly to rule out 1/2 of the population as friends just because they are the opposite sex.

lisa

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

maybe i'm too immature and sexually driven..

i have a few female friends, but let's face it. if you're a guy with BALLS.. mhm, you want to stick your cock in most every orifice! at least, i do!

i get "sexual tension" most of the time, maybe it has to do with me being SUPER-hot.. :)

:D:D:D:D:D

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

With that said, I've never strayed in over 27 years of marriage. :)

Dude with who your married to i dont blame ya!! ;):D

Someone had to say it, i was just first.

*runs and hides*
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

It takes a fair bit of maturity, and self-control if there is any sexual tension at all. Also, if either of you are in a committed relationship it takes a partner that can trust you and the other one w/o jumping to conclusions.

I like this answer. I don't know if "strictly platonic" is really possible (ie: no sexual tension AT ALL), but trust and maturity certainly is.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Yes, as long as there are benefits. ;):D

Seriously, I'm friends with many women. But I do find most of them very attractive. Men are just wired that way.:D

With that said, I've never strayed in over 27 years of marriage. :)

As the saying goes:

Just because you love one, doesn't mean you have to hate the rest. I'm friends with all my ex girlfriends, although they are not necessarily all friends with each other.

Life is too short to waste time with BS.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

maybe i'm too immature and sexually driven..

i have a few female friends, but let's face it. if you're a guy with BALLS.. mhm, you want to stick your cock in most every orifice! at least, i do!

i get "sexual tension" most of the time, maybe it has to do with me being SUPER-hot.. :)

:D:D:D:D:D

MAYBE??

Girlfriends have come and gone (no pun intended) but FRIENDS have always been there.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I think women can. They see some men as "just friends" quite easily.

I think you're right and I think we're mostly oblivious to the fact that there is sexual tension on the guy's side.

I'll meet a guy, and Normiss will tell me that the guy just wants in my pants. I'll tell him that he's silly, that the guy is just really nice. Nine times out of ten, it will turn out that he was right! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yes of course they can..... Given that they are normal, respectful people.

It takes 2 to Tango - If they a both single and want to be be more than friends - then no worries. On the other hand, if either one of them is not single and they get it on then they (BOTH) are not respecting of the 3rd party.

So, there's no reason why 2 people with self-respect can not be good friends.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Yes it's possible. I have plenty of female friends that i'm "just friends" with and nothing more. Unless i'm oblivious to the fact that there is sexual tension there, i think my friendships with these females are totally platonic.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

I believe so... especially if there is a considerable age difference. Most of the women at my DZ are young enough to be my daughters and that is how I think of and look at them. Maybe I'm just getting old and soft but I like it this way. Next season two good looking women will be on my 4-way team and there will be no issues at all. We'll be training together, eating together and occasionally drinking together but there will be no problems at all.

:)

Did I mention she makes me free jumpsuits too. B|

you and I have already discussed how being married to a suitmaker doesn't result in "free" jump outfits and repairs

we just pay in different ways
ohhh, how we pay :P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants