skymama

If you had $1000 to spare...

Seems that most Americans don't have a $1,000 to spare. Of course, the pathetic part is not why don't you have $1k to spare.

BUT the real pathetic part is: Why would you even want to spare $1k? I don't get it!!!

What would you spend it on, assuming you are already debt free?

I am taking my xmas bonus this yr and buying a few gifts for my sisters neighbor is a school teacher, who donates her time(what little she has)with the community, single mother of 4 kids from 3-15yrs old and on a very tight budget. The teachers will not be getting any xmas bonus this yr and her kids will maybe have one or two small gifts. So I am going to get xmas presents for her and her kids and put them on her door step all saying " Merry Christmas from Santa."

I don't need an extra 1000 to do that. ;)

If i did I not sure, but I think since I normally dont do anything for me I might treat myself to a spa day, hair, pedi /mani and night out with grown ups.

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Joking answer: Order a Russian mail order bride.:D

Serious answer: Do something for mom/grandma. Grandma isn't getting any younger, and 1k would cover airfare for them to go to Europe. They've been twice already, and every time grandma comes back several years younger: consequently, mom is happier because grandma (her mom) is happier and better.

I would put half towards my non existent "future car repairs" fund (it is a 98 after all, eventually it will need work) and half towards my non existent "rig" fund (have been without one for a year, and every time I start getting a little something saved up, something urgent comes up and the money disappears).

I would put it on Buttercup in the forth race at Hollywood Park at 7-1:)
Seriously, I have everything a guy could ask for in my life. I would send $500 to Blue McGowan to get the kids something and $500 to Nick Fener for him to squander on something nice for Lindz. That would make me happiernthan any crap I got for myself, and I just bought BC's book for my wife for christmas, so that's covered. And my kids really don't need anything.:PB|

What would you spend it on, assuming you are already debt free?

I would find a way to spend it on somebody I don't know.

Pay off a lay-aways for random people.
Go to a diner and pick up the tab for a couple of people.
Buy coffee for everybody after me in the drive through

Debt free but the house and the note is less than 10% of our take home pay each month.

I just bought a light sport plane.... I'd either put it towards the engine rebuild fund, or buy my wife another tunnel camp.... Most likely the tunnel camp.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334