BillyVance

Woo fucking hoooo!!!

I went out to the mailbox to retrieve the mail. But the door would not open. It was jammed shut for some reason. After wrestling with it for a bit, it came open. It was then, that I realized that somebody had taken a baseball bat or other similar object and tried a hit and run on it.

The kicker is that the stupid motherfucker didn't know that my standard oversized black metal mailbox is lined with concrete. I could see small dents at both the front and back edges of the side facing traffic, and after I got the door open, a little piece of concrete had cracked and fallen out at the door.

Stupid motherfucker should be getting the feeling back in his hands by now. He won't try that shit again.

>:(>:(>:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

nah, fingers buzzed for an hour or two and then ..........shit! Did I say that out loud?

Just kidding, Billy. You know the mailbox ain't what I've been hitting at your house.

Yes, you are a jackass alright. :D

I don't remember if I ever mentioned it on here but a few years back I went through 3 mailboxes. Each one suffered the same fate, bashed in by some goddamned teenager on a meth high or something.

That was when I decided to build one that could take a beating and still be intact. Got a standard black metal oversized mailbox, a bag of concrete, a bag of cement, and a length of metal air duct piping. Took the duct piping, cut it to length, folded one end into itself, inserted into mailbox, mixed the concrete and shoveled it in between the piping and the mailbox almost all the way to the door, then took some cement and molded it into a smooth finish at the door. Took the remaining concrete and poured the anchor into the hole with the post already propped up. The next day I picked up the mailbox, er... well I tried to. Holy shit it weighed like 70 lbs! Got the handcart and carted it out to the post, lifted it in place, screwed it down on the post, and it was done.

I'm surprised it took so long to finally get somebody to take a crack at it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Each one suffered the same fate, bashed in by some goddamned teenager on a meth high or something.

Hey man, when I was a teenager doing foolish things like smashing mailboxes kept me and my friends away from the drugs.:P

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

That reminds me of when I was a dumb kid about 25 years ago.

One Halloween, we decided to whack some mailboxes by hanging out of the car window and swinging at them with stuff. My friend had the only baseball bat, so I elected a one-way tire iron.

On my first swing, the driver slowed down to about 35 and I hung out to smash this big giant mailbox that looked like a miniature barn. It turns out, the thing was made out of plastic.

The tire iron bounced off the mailbox, then off my head .. almost putting my eye out. Instant karma is a bitch. My dome was on swole for 3 weeks.

I still have a scar above my right eye from it. Every time I look at a mailbox, my temple throbs.

i had a friend of mine try to do that out of a chevy s10. . . well he hits the box, the bat bounces off the thing, and shatters the back glass. the diver immediately slams on the breaks which causes the bat to come rocketing forward cracking the front windshield. . . . yeah it was a funny fucking sight.
i wouldnt have believed it had i not seen the truck later that night.

another friend of mine broke his radius and ulna when he missed a swing and wound up hitting the actual box. . . yeah i guess you could say karma is a bitch.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Back in high school a teacher told us the story of how he and 3 buddies would drive around with the 2 guys in the backseat holding a 2x4 to knock over trash cans.

Well, one night they were playing a return engagement in a neighborhood they had hit before, and encountered a trash can whose owner had specially filled it for them.:S

They never did that again.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Mom used to live next door to a college professor whose mailbox was the frequent subject of attacks from his students. He had a mobile mailbox that he would bring out of the garage in the morning and set into a pipe in the ground. The mailman would come during the day. Upon arrival home from work, he picked up his entire mailbox and took it back to the garage, to retrieve his mail from inside. Thus, there was never any mailbox out on the street at night for anyone to drive by and whack.

Yup a buddy of mine in high school did the same thing, bat came back and hit him in the side of the head. Put him in a coma for a while, he was pretty fucked up for about a year after that.
Whenever we went mailbox bashin we would slow the vehicle down or stop and take a few whacks. We might have been stuid teenagers but we weren't stupid enough to drive by at 50 and swing at stuff.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Only did the mailbox bashing 1-2 times. Had more fun with the plastic newspaper boxes when it was 10deg outside. those things just exploded!!

As for your mail box a "real" m-80 would take care of that! :P:P:D:D

in the 70's you could buy them at the fireworks store and they packed some serious flash powder into the M-80's. You would be missing a few fingers if it went off in your hand.B|

LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

i had a friend of mine try to do that out of a chevy s10. . . well he hits the box, the bat bounces off the thing, and shatters the back glass. the diver immediately slams on the breaks which causes the bat to come rocketing forward cracking the front windshield. . . . yeah it was a funny fucking sight.

another friend of mine broke his radius and ulna when he missed a swing and wound up hitting the actual box. . . yeah i guess you could say karma is a bitch.

Time for a better grade of friends![:/]

Mailbox Baseball is a Rite of Passage, isn't it?

well yeah, I can understand it the first time it happened. By the third time I was fed up. Time to fight back. Come and hit it now BEEEEYOTCH!!!! :ph34r:

Time for a better grade of friends![:/]

yeah, and they wonder why i moved to florida. :S
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Only did the mailbox bashing 1-2 times. Had more fun with the plastic newspaper boxes when it was 10deg outside. those things just exploded!!

As for your mail box a "real" m-80 would take care of that! :P:P:D:D

in the 70's you could buy them at the fireworks store and they packed some serious flash powder into the M-80's. You would be missing a few fingers if it went off in your hand.B|

We took an M-80, rolled it around in rubber cement, then rolled it around in some BBs, another layer of rubber cement and BBs. Wasn't much left of the mailbox.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Well, whadaya know.... last week another douchebag took a shot at my concrete-lined mailbox, this time snapping the post off at the vertical/horizontal 4x4 joint. >:(>:(>:(>:(

I am working on a replacement post, which will be even stronger and reinforced with metal plates across all joints, and partnered with a couple of steel T-bars driven into the ground on both sides to take the next hit.

The concrete-lined mailbox did survive though, it sustained a small dent along the front edge, likely would have caved in if it wasn't for the concrete. It will be going back up! :ph34r:

The next motherfucker to try it is gonna be squealing like a goddamn stuck pig all the way home!

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(