DcloudZ

Biggest Fears

Yep, me too. Kind of wonder why I was assigned an apartment on the 24TH FLOOR of my building. In the kitchen I have floor-to-ceiling windows along two walls that meet to form the corner of the kitchen eating area. [:/] The "balcony" is actually (literally) just a "flower ledge" -- about 20" wide with a "railing" of glass.

(and no, I don't allow BASE jumping from my place! :P)

So...um...when is the house-warming party?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

this may not be what you had in mind, but my biggest fear is failure. Not the consequences of failure, but actually failing at whatever I am doing. Spiders are cool, I love snakes, sharks are awesome, not afraid of high places, neckties, public speaking, and I *love* green lingerie...but the idea that I somehow don't measure up, that I am not adequate for the job, scares me to the very bones...and when I do fail, I am merciless with myself. I may laugh and tell the story a hundred times, and actually enjoy sharing the chuckles with anyone dumb enough to sit still for it, but deep down, I HATE failure, and I refuse to tolerate it in myself...

maybe my Daddy should have bought me a pony when I was little, or something...;)

Airtwardo:"There is a bit of difference between a rigger with a nipper and a guy with 138 jumps and a swiss army knife...usually!"

Pussy.

That shit scares me.

Pussy doesn't scare me, but the "life support system" attached to them often does:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You should expand on your fear of heights, not somethig you expect from someone who jumps out of planes!

Get me over 1000 feet with a parachute on my back, I'm fine. Don't even suggest that I climb a 6 foot ladder or work on a roof or even ride a zip line. I'll freak out.

Spiders and snakes and dentists are also on my list, but those fears are easier to deal with (spiders can be stepped on, snakes can be run from and dentists have good drugs). If I fall from 6 feet, it's gonna hurt.

I really hate pain.

Yep, me too. Kind of wonder why I was assigned an apartment on the 24TH FLOOR of my building. In the kitchen I have floor-to-ceiling windows along two walls that meet to form the corner of the kitchen eating area. [:/] The "balcony" is actually (literally) just a "flower ledge" -- about 20" wide with a "railing" of glass.

About a year ago. But let me know next time you're in ANKARA! :P
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Clowns.

LOL! yeah, yer right...there is something deeply disturbing about clowns...

The worst part is the American public keeps re-electing them!>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Pussy.

That shit scares me.

Pussy doesn't scare me, but the "life support system" attached to them often does:ph34r:

EXACTLY!!!! :D:D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I fear Ill wait too long when I'm old and grey and not be stong enough to paddle my kayak out to sea under a blanket of stars (the Milky Way) to enjoy one last beer before I abandon my kayak, swim away and tread water until I can't anymore.

I fear loved ones watching me slowly die in a hospital bed. I'd rather be alone and somewhat healthy in my last moments. Seems peaceful.

About a year ago. But let me know next time you're in ANKARA! :P

Come over, have a party, do a base jump, check out the local prison system (I hear Turkish prisons are very nice this time of year)... Sounds like a plan! ;-)
Remster

Come over, have a party, do a base jump, check out the local prison system (I hear Turkish prisons are very nice this time of year)... Sounds like a plan! ;-)

Well...they *do* have good music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akyx5iu_z8YB|

I fear Ill wait too long when I'm old and grey and not be stong enough to paddle my kayak out to sea under a blanket of stars (the Milky Way) to enjoy one last beer before I abandon my kayak, swim away and tread water until I can't anymore.

I drowned in a pool as a kid. I was dead. Fortunately I was pulled from the water and revived just in time.

Take my world for it, drowning is anything but peaceful.

Try freezing to death instead.
__

My mighty steed

Being trapped anywhere there is country music being played.[:/]

I had an MRI done on my shoulder. The technician gave me some headphones to wear and before I could complain about the country music being played I was in the machine. It was terrible.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Being bored!
Always knew I was here for a limited time, just can't stand thinking there would be no reason or risk!
Maybe some one else will understand.
Most don't!
"You don't get many warnings in this sport before you get damaged"

This question always fascinated me...

...and all I can really say is...anticipation.

anticipation scares the shit out of me. "wtf am I getting myself into?"

"I might get a gun pulled to my head.(and it did) I might get shot at.(and it did) I might get my skull cracked.(and it did) I might get beat to a bloody pulp.(and it did) If I jump off this bridge into raging railroad-tie infested water to save this dumb ass, I might die before I even get to take my first breath. What if these people find out who I am and where I live...I have a family to think of?

...but I've learned that once you're actually in those situations, something takes control...there is no fear...It's just life - cool and calm...as if i was meant to be here in this position to handle it.

If I had let that anticipation get to me, I wouldn't have seen victory and live to finally understand what it actually means to say "the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...