cocheese

Max. temp to jump

When do you say " It's too hot to jump" ?

I think 94F is when i quit all activity.

Whoa, that is the opposite of what I think. How can it be "too hot" once you get out of the plane? It's often much hotter than that out this way, and I prefer when it's too HOT as opposed to too cold because I tend to get cold easily. I feel that it's never "too hot" when you sit next to that door...at least, not for me.

depends, jumping in the heat isn't too bad. Its all the packing after the jump that starts to wear you down. If I use a packer I will jump all summer at Eloy just fine (highs in the 115). If I have to pack my own 105 sounds like a trip to the bent prop fpr me. But then agian I am a firefighter so the heat is a part of my job. Try fighting a house fire in 115 degree heat, then packing sounds fun.

"I Yam what I Yam"

I am not afriad to die, only to die without living.

I tend to "wilt" in heat and humidity myself, so you aren't alone! If I wake up already feeling fatiqued from the heat, I usually won't jump. The last thing I want is to end up with heat exhaustion or heat stroke! If I really make an effort to stay rested and hydrated between jumps then I do OK, but if its that much work and my other option is a nice cool pond to swim in, well.............!

Extreme heat is not usually a problem here in Western Washington, but I did jump in the low 100s in Eloy last month. I found 3 jumps a day and I was pretty beat. At a certain point, it stops being fun and starts being work.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Its hot and sorta muggy here...

I don't think most people will be sitting because of it though I do tend to pack in the air conditioned areas of the DZ when its that hot out...

:)

I just hope it doesn't rain this weekend.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

When do you say " It's too hot to jump" ?

I think 94F is when i quit all activity.

You great big WOOSE:D:D
It's NEVER too hot to jump,
BUT here in Oz it's often too hot to pack:|:|:|:|
So I do a jump, and dive in the pool and cool off whilst a packer packs my rig:)
I wish i could afford to do that[:/][:/]
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That's what I did in Mexico! Swimsuits under the jumpsuit and we didn't gear up until we were ready to board the plane. Landed on the beach, dropped the gear, took off the jump suit and hopped in the pool. I tried to get the organizer to dirt dive and post dive in the pool but he didn't like the idea!

Hi Cheese!!,
How Hot?? Well, Scare-us-Valley in the summer can get in the 100's,"But it's a DRY heat!!" I used to like the sauna efect there when I lived in so. cal!! But!!!!, start adding humidity and the comfort level goes to hell (no pun intended) in a hurry!! So there you have it. It's not just the temp. but the humidity too!! Hi temp and humidity also plays havoc on your landings as in both on the up scale increase your "density altitude" at your local DZ. If you need a better understanding of density altitude, ask a "Qualified Jump Pilot."
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out