promise5

Do you have a phobia ?

promise5

I was wondering how many would admit to having a phobia and saying what that phobia is?

I'm trying to think if I have one.

Ophidiophobia :P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Phillbo

I have a fear of heights. Being in a plane or a tall building does not bother me but being close to the edge on a roof or a tall cliff gives me the willys.

Bingo. Serious acrophobia.

Ladders, roofs, cliffs, towers, balconies, all that stuff.

Grated walkways or stairways (the ones you can see through because the stair treads and walkways aren't solid) are the worst for me.

If I'm not holding onto something I can get some pretty serious vertigo.

Far more an issue with edges than actual heights too.

Inside the plane, inside of a building (closed window), no problems at all.

Oddly enough, freefall or under canopy isn't an issue at all (back to the "edges" thing).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

promise5

I was wondering how many would admit to having a phobia and saying what that phobia is?

I'm trying to think if I have one.

Pick one. Or three. Or fifty. A lot of fearfull people out there I guess. I fear women the most. Scary shit. http://phobialist.com/
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Heights for me, too!

Yikes, anytime I'm attached to the ground, and more than my own height high, I get vertigo. Sometimes, it's so bad that I want to puke or put my head down below my feet (if that makes sense). And the tingling of all extremities is not fun at all.

I've never had that sensation in a plane, in FF, or under canopy, however.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Definitely claustrophobia...but not in the traditional sense. I can be in small rooms and such. Crawling under heavy objects is a problem. I worked in a boat dealership and every now and then we would have to crawl under a 6 ton boat suspended by a towmotor...no fun for me.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Crawling under heavy objects is a problem. I worked in a boat dealership and every now and then we would have to crawl under a 6 ton boat suspended by a towmotor...no fun for me.

That doesn't sound safe either. . . :o Is there a lock-out or something. It sounds like crawling under a car held up only by a jack.

I'm similar with really tight crawl spaces under houses. When I work in really tight ones I try to stay chill. ;)

I once spent a day crawling between 1,000 lb. explosive warheads changing supply tags. They were in crates stacked 2 high with a crawl space about a ft. wide by 2 ft. It was simpler to crawl thru them changing the tags than to unstack and restack them. Getting stuck would have mean't having a forklift delivered and a driver unstack them. Eerie feeling being literally buried in the middle of 500,000 pounds of high explosive!

jimjumper

I once spent a day crawling between 1,000 lb. explosive warheads changing supply tags. They were in crates stacked 2 high with a crawl space about a ft. wide by 2 ft. It was simpler to crawl thru them changing the tags than to unstack and restack them. Getting stuck would have mean't having a forklift delivered and a driver unstack them. Eerie feeling being literally buried in the middle of 500,000 pounds of high explosive!

And then somebody pops a paper bag right behind you. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban