pierre3636

TONYSUIT X-Bird

Why aren't these suits showed on tony's website? Mad

Because they spend a lot of time out in the real world, skydiving.
Instead of just reading about it on the internet:P

Its weekend..go jump Sangi..;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Why aren't these suits showed on tony's website? >:(

there just being released, no pix yet, I'll do it with ground shots for now i guess, Im on the rd for ages but Flora is with me so maybe we can get it together whilst trucking up and down the east coast of America.
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

I'll get a couple pics up tomorrow of the suit in flight.

It is a monster...it is amazing...it is...AHHHHHHHH!!!

Just ask any of the people around me this weekend...I've been obnoxiously in love with my X-Bird.

Our break-offs are almost comical. The change in wind noise is just silly.

I remember when the Mach1 and Super Mach1 "changed" the face of wingsuiting for many many people...well get ready...this is another one of those suits! Anxiously awaiting another day of jumping it!

Well you better because that on going thread regarding the editorial is a nasty monster itself and needs to be buried on page four. We need more pictures of new suits and flocks and puffies and Brian's BASE trip. Hey any more pictures of naked rodeos? I'm down with that.

I'll get a couple pics up tomorrow of the suit in flight.

It is a monster...it is amazing...it is...AHHHHHHHH!!!

Just ask any of the people around me this weekend...I've been obnoxiously in love with my X-Bird.

Our break-offs are almost comical. The change in wind noise is just silly.

I remember when the Mach1 and Super Mach1 "changed" the face of wingsuiting for many many people...well get ready...this is another one of those suits! Anxiously awaiting another day of jumping it!

Ive only done a couple on it this week, and I found that the grippers are like allerons, if one hand is low I tilt that "alleron" down a bit and it lifts it up, its was like a discovery, [I dont know why i havent tried that before, has anyone?] so then im going along moving left up, left down, haha, 5 or 6 times.... feels so funny, I've used one gripper before to move away from someone too close but thats about it, head up head down can be controlled with both at the same time too I think

tonysuits.com

Ive only done a couple on it this week, and I found that the grippers are like allerons, if one hand is low I tilt that "alleron" down a bit and it lifts it up,

Haha...thats more of a personal discovery tony. Most people have been doing that since the skyflyer1 already. The length of the gripper does influence how pronounced the effect is.

Watch Robi fly his V3, and you notice these subtle 'alleron moves' and weight shifts inside the suit are all the steering inputs he uses. Not the wild flapping and chaotic leg bending/stretching must of us use in flocking.

Less is more...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Ive only done a couple on it this week, and I found that the grippers are like allerons, if one hand is low I tilt that "alleron" down a bit and it lifts it up,

Haha...thats more of a personal discovery tony. Most people have been doing that since the skyflyer1 already. The length of the gripper does influence how pronounced the effect is.

Watch Robi fly his V3, and you notice these subtle 'alleron moves' and weight shifts inside the suit are all the steering inputs he uses. Not the wild flapping and chaotic leg bending/stretching must of us use in flocking.

Less is more...

yeah i figerd I wasnt the first but ive never heard anyone talking about that affect so thought it nice to "bring up" bit like freeflyers flying inverted down to a big "flat way" somth no one talks about but all freeflyers [that go on a flat ways] do, yes, allerons should be the new name for grippers hahahaha

tonysuits.com

Well here are a few clips from jumping the X-bird at the weekend. I dont do it justice, only done 4 Jumps in a wing suits before getting on this bad boy, 2 of tonys trainers then 1 in the s bird and 1 in the s bird march one.
I did a total of about 9 in the X bird not letting tony in it at all apart from when i went to a demo, it was great to fly, very twitchy for me to start with due to a big wing an lack of experience but buy the 9th jump i and feeling reasonably fresh in the arms it came together and was a pleasure to fly, Im not going to talk about it to much as lake of knowlage, But i have been measured up and do intened to buy one as soon as possable! cheers Tony

Mike

link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID5OuDbtppo
Do what every arsehole who knows everything about canopy flight does this time of year , pull those toggles like the church bells and and closer to the floor the better the thrill!

Well here are a few clips from jumping the X-bird at the weekend. I dont do it justice, only done 4 Jumps in a wing suits before getting on this bad boy, 2 of tonys trainers then 1 in the s bird and 1 in the s bird march one.

I'm the first one to reply to this statement??? Where are the DZ.com police? Guess I'm deputy tonight...

Please please please be careful. 4 wingsuit jumps, then straight to the X-bird is a no shit progression. While it may have gone well for 9 jumps, it may not always. RESPECT that legwing. RESPECT the suit. Polish your skills...

While it may not be flashy and cool, I would HIGHLY recommend that you take advantage of Tony's Intro while you save up for your X-Bird. Its a hell of a deal for a FUN suit. If an intro is too studenty...then hell...get a T-bird or R-Bird...but please RESPECT the X-Bird.

At the end of the day, you'll have 2 great suits and the skills to fly them both, rather than a bad experience on a suit you may not be ready for.

Not being a dick, just concerned for a new wingsuiter who may be ignorant to the difficulties big suits pose. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice.

Im not going to get into a match of what i think i should do etc and you think i should do!

My coach was happy for me to jump it i felt confident on jumping it, and i new the risks!

I just posted on here to congratulate the excellent job on the way the suits fly!

Many thanks
mike
Do what every arsehole who knows everything about canopy flight does this time of year , pull those toggles like the church bells and and closer to the floor the better the thrill!

I dont do it justice, only done 4 Jumps in a wing suits before getting on this bad boy, 2 of tonys trainers then 1 in the s bird and 1 in the s bird march one.

I watched the video and am wondering if you've thought about spending more time learning to fly a beginner or intermediate wingsuit ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

My coach was tony of tony suit owner designer. An i was jumping in the UK

Tony? You serious?

Come on guys. I know you are eager to make sales, but given the experience level quoted, this is PAST STUPID!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Tony? You serious?

Come on guys. I know you are eager to make sales, but given the experience level quoted, this is PAST STUPID!

Agreed, in my opinion putting someone with so little wingsuit experience in big suits like the SM1 and the X-Bird is irresponsible. Everything went well, but it could have gone badly just as well.

What was the reasoning in putting him in this suit? I think he would've not been able to appreciate all the cool aspects of ths suit if he has no experience to be able to compare it with?

Sorry Tony, I respect you and the things you make and do, but this was a bit silly if you ask me.

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I have a velocity you can jump with it if you want?

Seriously, as others have said, walk before you can run. If you want to come up to Sibson, i'd be happy to jump with you and help you progress at a more sensible pace :)
Which DZ were you jumping at?

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Mike,

I have more experience on the X-bird than anyone right now. I now have 80 jumps on it and it is a machine. If you get into a flatspin in that suit, How will you shut down the tailwing. Have you ever been in a flatspin?? Take advantage of the other suits there while you can, get some coaching. Flying the high performance suit shitty, you will find yourself doing lots of solos cause no one will want to fly with you when the suit is flying you.

The learning curve is higher on this suit.

RESPECT IT

Justin
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

If you get into a flatspin in that suit, How will you shut down the tailwing.

Can you tell me how can I get a flat spin? I don't have a narrow stand Bird-man suit, so I could not experience that pleasure so far. I think flat spin belongs to the legacy designs.

If you get into a flatspin in that suit, How will you shut down the tailwing.

Can you tell me how can I get a flat spin? I don't have a narrow stand Bird-man suit, so I could not experience that pleasure so far. I think flat spin belongs to the legacy designs.

I was able to get myself into one in my Phantom 2.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

[
Can you tell me how can I get a flat spin? I don't have a narrow stand Bird-man suit

Its WIDE legwings that are more prone to flatspins.
Akin to a big propelor-blade, spinning the legs around the body.

Most people never experience one. But on bigger suits (SM1, Stealth, XS etc etc) due to more wing being on the lower-body, spins can be much more severe and harder to get out.

Though bragworthy you (like 90% of wingsuit flyers) havent experienced a flatspin before. To me it just says you're an pussy who isnt trying hard enough:P;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Everyone can pretty much agree that Jeff N is one of the best flyers around, but you should see the photos of him hanging in our Birdhouse. Both his eyes were filled with blood from a nearly unrecoverable flat spin. And I've personally watched Jari in a flat spin for thousands of feet until he finally recovered. If it can happen to them, it sure can happen to you ... and, oh so much faster and more violently in a large tail-wing suit. Whoops, no skills to get out of it either.:(

Folks here don't like to read obituaries ... it's depressing. And then there's all the crying and stuff with the family and friends.

But, do it your way.

To me it just says you're an pussy who isnt trying hard enough:P;)

Not me, I've done it a bunch of times starting with WS jump 2 in an Intro. That one was not in the plan, but showed me the value of learning how to get out of one.
Getting out of control on purpose is a good way to learn getting back into control. I did a lot of flights that started with flinging myself into a mess just so I could get out of it with the most time to do it.
I think this gives me the confidence to try more things than flying stable all the time would have. I agree that bigger suits are harder to deal with.
Back to the topic: Does anyone have anything to offer on actually flying the X? Is it a good choice for flocking? I had some other questions but nobody answered them. :(
But what do I know?