NSEMN8R

Did you take an FFC?

had to hunt one down...was a process. I hit 200 outside the 18 month window, but had done a bunch dedicated tracking jumps on a home made tracking suit, and talked to people online (thanks again Ed!). My instructor told me he'd see how well I did on tracking jumps and go from there.

Jari, Kim came down for a big promotion. The lovely kim conducted the ground course for a bunch of us en-mass. We were weathered out that weekend so there were no first flights.

Just about all my friends that had been sitting on their new suits for two weeks did not wait and did solos as soon as the weather cleared.I wanted to do things right and contacted a BMI and paid him two slots for the "in air evaluation" portion of my training.

As we stepped off the Skyvan he went into a tight tumble and augered down at least a thousand feet. I flew the standard pattern in elation of my first flight, not even wondering if he would get back up to me.

I still take a ribbing from friends about the money well spent on that one.

Even though I had more than 500 jumps, during the 2004 Kamloops May Meet, I sat in as "simulated student" while a BMI candidate practiced his teaching technique.
Note: Chuck Blue was there to train a new batch of BMIs.
Then I repeated the process in the autumn of 2004, when I borrowed a Classic from a BMI.
I also read Scott Campo's book and everything I could find on the internet.