kallend

Summerfest?

Never mind, the pictures are on the front page of the BirdMan home page right now.

Thanks Chuck!:)

AAAHH, perhaps so but personaly I prefer QUALITY over quantity

You are so going to get beat for that!

Then again I prefer to be able to fly multiple disciplines...so quantity goes a long way:P

Knocked out some really nice flights with Jay E. (basehoundsam) and John. Had some really long docked flights with John while jay shot vid/stills. Weather is absolutely perfect with just a hint of clouds to make it interesting and not too hot, perfect T-shirt and short weather. I already have some prety cool stuff lined up for the flockers and a few other things that if they come to bear will make for some absolutely sick footage. If you're not here, you're sucking:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

With any luck I will be there for the last weekend before WFFC - or erhaps by the Friday - but it depends on how the rest of my trip goes.

Say what is the easiest way to get to SDC from teairport? Anything that I need to know?
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

Probably O'Hare as I will be flying interstate - if you have any better suggestions let me know! But keep in mind I need to pickup a rental vehicle to actually get to the DZ.

Cheers,

DG
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

Another awesome day was had by all. We flocked all day today for a total of about 10 flights and 1 FFC. Congrats to Kamil who is here from Poland and earned his wings. The boy gave me a scare though. On exit from the Skyvan he smacked his melon on the tailgate above his head. Luckily he had on a helmet and was only embarrased;I thought the boy knocked himself out. Much respect goes out to Toad who is flying a Classic II and was Killing it. Jay (basehoundsam) ditched his V1 for the S3S while I flew his V1. Jay was totaly stoked when we got down. He liked the way it flew so much he said he would take it off a cliff in a heart beat. We're gonna do some side by side flights just the 2 of us so we can punch it out. Buried(zac) was getting his Bird on in a GTI and flying it like he stole it, the boy done good. Kallend joined us for the Sunset flock in his stealth black S1. I think he knows some sort of physics tricks as he was also smoking the sky today. Tomorrow looks to be even better with more wingsuiters showing up and plenty of first flights. if you ain't here.....You sucking:D
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Kallend joined us for the Sunset flock in his stealth black S1. I think he knows some sort of physics tricks as he was also smoking the sky today.

It could also be the auto pilot I installed on it just before I sold him my old suit. :P:D

Be safe!
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Another really good day of flocking and flying. Buried and Toad both jumped the Firebird and had nothing but good things to say about it. Two more birdz joined the flock. Congrats to Jeff and JP who both got their bird on and are now trying to figure out how to feed their new found addiction. Had a nice little sunset flock with Kallend as base. The man has mad forward speed in his S1 which made for a fun flight. The band is warming up and dinner is waiting. I'll post more later.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Kallend joined us for the Sunset flock in his stealth black S1. I think he knows some sort of physics tricks as he was also smoking the sky today.

It could also be the auto pilot I installed on it just before I sold him my old suit. :P:D

Be safe!
Ed

Now you tell me!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Another most excellent day was had at Summerfest. Mark and Michelle( Basehoundsam's Girl friend) got their wings today. Jay told me Michelle floated a lot but I swear she must have bird bones as the girl was Killing it in a Classic. Jay shot stills on the subsequent flights and nabbed some really nice shots that I am sure will make a magazine or two. One of the local photographers got a few good shots of me exiting the Otter from the cockpit of Rook's Pitt Special as we attempted to fly relative to one another. Perhaps tomorrow we will make that happen. The flocking was smaller but extremely tight and a lot of fun. The sun doesn't go down till around 8 PM so the jump day is way long when you go from 8 to 8 every day. Weather is perfect and the jumping is good:)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Cool pics... Scott how would you compare V1 to S3S since you're the only person I know who's flown both?

Keep in mind every suit flys differently, and putting only 1 or 2 jumps on a suit really isn't enough to do a good "comparison" of two suits. I've done it myself with the MTR2, only being able to jump it a few times and giving readers my view of the major differences - but some of the points i made in my MTR2 review have been debated by saying i hadn't put enough jumps on the MTR2 to know how to fly it as well as i could (which is true).

Cool pics... Scott how would you compare V1 to S3S since you're the only person I know who's flown both?

Well, in all fairness, I will let Jay answer that question as he has flown the S3S and the V1 as well and I wouldn't want this to turn into a debate over which suit is "best" . :)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Keep in mind every suit flys differently, and putting only 1 or 2 jumps on a suit really isn't enough to do a good "comparison" of two suits.

I understand that, but 2 flights is better than 0. :)

Perhaps I should have just asked Scott what his impressions of the V1 were, because I am curious what he thought.

No comparisons, no "best", just thoughts. B|
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

No comparisons, no "best", just thoughts.

Thoughts? yes,interesting... ;)
Yes, I would like to hear the impressions as well, coming from the standpoint that I already know, or "know" which is best. The superior design is better, and that should tell you right off which suit that is... ;)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I really liked the stability on exit of the s3s, I found it easy to fly rather well. Scott's suit was just a bit tighter fitting than my loose-fitting V-1.
Now I only made one jump on the S3S, so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. I have around 150 jumps on a Classic, over 200 jumps on a Skyflier 1, and a handfull of jumps on an S3, with about 40+ jumps on my V-1. I think most people will agree thst the S1 is the twitchier/harder to fly of the group. (As in harder to fly at all, and harder to fly well.) I have BASED all of these suits except the S3.
I personally felt that the S3S is a suit that is easier to fly well, with less overall currency/experience. I also "felt" that the overall surface area(wings) were a bit smaller than my V-1. Not that it felt restrictive, just smaller compared to my recent flying. Hitting the "Sweet" spot was a breaze even on my first flight. It felt very very similar to a S3.
As I am extremely current on my V-1, I felt that in full flight as well as dirty flight I had about 10-15% more lift and drive than on th S3S. It felt like with the longer wands I could adjust the wing differently for odd slow flight as well as rockin full flight. I feel super comfy in this suit as well, but remember my first 20 flights or so I kept mumbling under my breath " Sure is a whole lotta wing .......".
My bottom line opinion....... If you make at least 100 WS jumps a year...... I'ld suggest a V-1. If you are a weekend warrior who only flyes the suit 2 or 3 times a month, a smaller winged suit will do you more justice.

Disclaimer : I am a rep for both companies,and have sold over 20 BM Suits.
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

Hey man,
Hope this email finds you well. I was reading your posts about summerfest and had a couple of V1 questions for you. I too have about 40 or so skydives with it, and yes, I too though....'so much wing' for quite awhile.
1. what do you PRIMARILY use the wing gripper for...pitch control??
Also, what have you found to be the optimal postion for you legs for max flight ...specifically which way do you point you toes. On my GTI, I got as wide and flat as possible, and was able to point my toes outward. In the V-1 it seems my toes end up more pointing in and the pressure is primarily on the outsides of my calves to ankle...
My best flights are REALLY incredible, but I still have at least 30% or more to get from this suit..easy . Any other tips you've picked up to share with a brother would be greatly appreciated. :)Lastly, how was your trip to scandenavia? Big wall flights??? B|
Thanks!
Blair