Tonto

Zipper nip...

Anyone else get this?

When I unzip my arms, I do it fast. Since it's summer here I normally have only a T shirt/shorts under the suit.... and I get nipped.

Pictures are crappy, from my phone, and the purple is reflected light.

I'm getting to feel like a real junkie...:|

t
It's the year of the Pig.

It happens from time to time but usually the wounds you have are from lifting your arms up and the zippers not being un zipped all the way. Which is why I am guessing those are on your upper arm from the elbow and above. It's usually not a big deal but apparently your SA flesh is easily bruised:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Ha! That happened just this weekend for me and I couldn't figure out what it was from. Now I know. I had about 500 linetwists (maybe a bit exaggerated) and unzipped faster than I ever have before to fix the situation. :) Usually I unzip slow I guess, so this doesn't happen...

EDIT: Geez, while I posted this two other people posted replies. Perhaps Scott is right. I really don't think I got the zippers 100% open, just enough to reach my risers. So it probably happened when I was untwisting myself... :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Hi Scott,

I can PROMISE you, it's from unzipping. The skin gets caught in the zipper and I need to zip down to clear it, and then up again. Trust me. You'd notice that kind of thing.

If it were once I were reaching for toggles, I'd never get to them with the zippers only undone to the elbow. I do bruise easily.:$ I also don't have a lot of fat on my arms.

I guess we'll hear from others as to how common it is. I've worn long sleeved T's before, and they never get caught. It's like I have flesh eating zippers. Been nipped on the outside of the knees too...:(

t
It's the year of the Pig.

If it were once I were reaching for toggles, I'd never get to them with the zippers only undone to the elbow. I do bruise easily.:$ I also don't have a lot of fat on my arms.

This sometimes happens to me not near the elbow, but near the armpit.

I also don't have a lot of fat on my arms.

This is not my case... [:/]
Leo Holanda

I took a buddy up for his first flight a few years back. Flight went sweet. When we got down I asked him if he enjoyed it. He responded: " The flight was great - but look at my arm!!"

He had unzipped in a rush, catching his skin. Then, rather than taking the zip back down to release the skin - decided to do the band-aid all in one removal technique :S It was not pretty, he drew blood! :o

I find pulling the zip away from my arm slightly as I unzip helps avoid this problem.

Long pain free flights,

J

I've had it happen to me a few times too. Now I pull out and down on the zipper as I open up. If the arm is somewhat tight on you I think it has a much better chance of grabbing then a loose fitting arm. Hence why it catches on the bicep and not on the forearm.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Have you considered sewing in a small flap of slightly stiffened material behind the zipper? Perhaps only at the "snag" points?

That's what they do on, for example, high end sleeping bags to avoid binding the material in the zipper. Ought to work pretty well for flesh, too.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I've done it a few times - always on my right arm which I unzip first - which indicates to me that it's probably from hurrying to unzip.[:/]

As long as I extend my arm fully away from my chest instead of straight in front of my chest (which fails to make the zipper straight) I'm Ok.:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Dang Thin Skins.... :P

Maybe you can just deal with it by putting some makeup on your tracks? ;):D

Ed

Ed.

You are so much weirder than I ever imagined.

Tonto: Try the UnderArmour Heat gear or one of thier competitors. It lets jumpsuits of any kind and harness straps slide over the skin without bruising, and keeps zippers at bay.

I used to be even heavier than I am now, and zippers and strap bruising used to be a problem. The under armour stuff and compression shorts fixed it.

Wow!! I thought of those as marks of glory.First time I met Chris Martin, he pulled up my sleeves to see if I was truly a wingsuit flyer!!!!Keep all movement as smooth and I have found that if I point my fingers at ground and bend my elbow.....
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

Ed.

You are so much weirder than I ever imagined.

I'll second that! First he's got that post with the straight jacket and black urethane restraining gear found in dark corners of Frisco's other,other nightlife just a few miles to the west. And now a post about cartoon boys dressing up as girls.

Its all fun and games until he grows a mustache and dresses up like a motorcycle cop.