Dumpster

2K Composites - FF2 - Who's using this helmet?

Wondering how many folks are using an FF2 and how they like 'em.

The folks at 2K are nothing less that fantastic!

I've put just a few jumps on mine (HC30 inside the box) and absolutley love it. I'm in the process of writing a very long review of it.

I purchased it with the Cam-Eye fitted and the cutaway installed. Took all of 30 minutes, (not including coffee breaks and questions from curious folk at the shop at work,) to get it ready to jump from the time I took it out of the box.

Other feedback?

Easy Does It

I went from a Flat Top Pro to an FF2, and the only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner.

It fits great, is comfortable, super light, and provides a plenty stable platform for a video and a still. The craftsmanship is top-notch, and the paint belongs on a Porsche.

Canuck

I liked mine so much I started a dealership with them, so I know of quite a few who are using FF2's and are in complete agreement with you!

Yup! I established a dealership relation with them also. I know a few folks who purchased RAWA helmets, (Another very good design, I might add-) then looked at mine, and kinda wished they had waited a little longer!

Easy Does It

I have one and its ar an away the best
Custom made to YOUR head......what does that mean?
it fits very well and more importantly (;)) it means the platform is solid so there is very little 'camera shake' during freefall

Its durable looks good and the cutaway system is very simple....yet effective

Great customer service as well......

My FF2 fits much better than my Mindwarp, even after baking. I may order a thicker liner for the BH.

I lucked out bigtime on my FF2 - When I placed my order they had one that was ordered and not delivered, built to fit a head close to mine and was set up for an HC-30. So I got it in a week. Lead time is quoted at 6-8 weeks, and it seems they've been running ahead of thier game. I'm working at enhancing my dealership with them, actually. Mine was set up with the Cam-Eye and cutaway, also. They do a fantastic job of installing the cam-eye.

Easy Does It

Awesome helmet, had the cameye installed, shoot an HC 30 with a Diamond stealth low profile .5 lens for tandem video. My problem is and I posted this earlier is that when I am camped out 4-5 feet away from my TM/and passenger it looks like I am a Mile away. The lens people say I can zoom this in halfway. Any suggestions to fixing this problem?
Corvette Dude

Mine rocks! out loud. The only thing I didn't like was the ring site mount...It sucks! I switched to one of the twist out of the way kind and now it's absolutely the best! I have about 500 jumps on mine and it's held up real well (a few riser striks and some damn hard landings). My buddy just got his and they have refined the mount and door and it's even better. One other minor problem is with a .3 lo pro lens you can see the side of my helmet, the camera is all the way forward so that fix wont work. It's just at the edge of the fram and most people don't even really notice it. I guess if I was jumping for real money I would be jumping a different lens so it wouldn't be a problem. I started with a pc109 in it but switched to a pc1000 about 2 or 3 months ago. Switching brackets was as easy as emailing 2k giving the $8 usd and putting it on.
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

My wife really likes hers. The "first" one took a long time to get here, and was the wrong size (much too large, even with "custom" measurements). Thankfully, she was able to sell the first one to Arvel Shultz (who really loves it) while they made her a new, smaller one. She jumps a PC 120 in hers.

I've had my FF2 for a couple seasons and i like it! 2KC was the only manufacturer willing to make a helmet large enough for my gigantic cranium. Makes my 330 and 20d look small when on my head! :D

The wait on it was awhile, but was worth it. I would recommend getting one in the early part of the off-season, just in case there are delays.

Only have had to make a few mods other than the cameye and cutaway that were included. Trimmed a lot of CF off of the following areas: The back of the camera box that was interfering with the sliding eyepiece, the side of the helmet inside the camera box that was in the way of the LANC cable, a hole on the top of the side box above the video mic, and holes for cabling/stroboframe for the stills.

Only thing i would change about it is the cutaway location. I prefer the side ones on the flat tops and optiks a bit more. This is a minor, minor thing though.

I have one and love it. I don't jump camera that often, but with my old top mount I wasn't comfortable jumping it at all, this one, I wouldn't think twice to throw it on before a jump. I asked them to bring it in around my jaw because I have a narrow face, and it fit perfect right off the bat, no problems. Little bit of a wait on it, but well worth it.

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

Hey Guys and Gals,

I can vouch for Miami! He's a good dude and sells quality stuff. PM him, it'll be good for you!

Just ordered mine from him 30 minutes ago B|

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Have not heard of them or seen one...but at first glance I don't like the camera mounted on the right side of the helmet, makes it a little hard to view your lcd screen without taking the camera off the helmet.

Any idea of the prices they run?

The FF2 is definitely a proven successful helmet (if you have done a search on here you will have found that) and are a pretty inexpensive way to go.
Hope this helps...
Miami

I think I am going to get a FF2 from Mr. Miami... :P

So, those of you who love the FF2 - which cameras are you guys using.... I have seriously looked at the PC1000 and the HC42...

I am not interested in debating in this thread, which is a better camera, as far as picture quality and technology... But,
"form factor" and how it fits with this helmet... :$

I know a couple of people that have Sky Pimp helmets. The only thing that I don't like about them is that they are made for one specific camera. If you want to put a different camera in it you need to have a new helmet made or have it refitted by the manufacturer.