Chivo

I started jumping with a camera when I had...

You started at 4000, but your profile says you have about 3000?

Huh? :D

I deserved that. What can I say, I'm republican, I'm into fuzzy math:P I was shooting from the hip.

Actually, when I started shooting video (and I haven't shot much, but it's really interesting) I probably had around 3000-3500 jumps. When I filled out that profile, I was probably around those numbers. By the time it was submitted and the Nov. Parachutist had come out, I'd blown past 4. I've been busy.

I like shooting video when I get the chance. It's a different facet of the sport. The digital aspects of it interest me. Plus the tandem money sure doesn't hurt to stop the bleeding from competition jumping.

I guess what I like the most is that you're producing a product that you can take part in. Camera flying is a different discipline all together, and the guys that do it really well are something to behold.

That being said, my biggest weakness is that I simply don't know enough about the equipment that I'm using. I wouldn't know an F-stop from a hole in the ground. Video wise I can put the little dude with the golf club in the frame, and stills I can set to what the local tandem guy said was a "good setting". That's about it.

One of these days (here we go, how many times do we say that?) I'm going to learn how to be one of those pro-fessional photographers. I'm a student in every game, but for this game, I'm strictly pre-school.

Helga,

Should'nt you be over in the women's only section tucking your shirt into your thong and baking me some biscuits:P Good luck with camera stuff, when you figure it out, come and teach me how to do it.

Gordo's the only camera guy I know that is so pretty, sheep begin to do tongue exercises every time he comes around. Heck, I'm almost willing to buy him a whole flock so he'll show me how to shoot video!

Hey Chivo,
On a jump a while back it was decided I had to fly a camera, so a guy with one and I swapped boneheads.....on the ride up!
I had reservations about keeping everything in the shot with never having flown one and having the chance to develop the muscle memory coordination. It turned out ok and one of the coolest things is that I've got a vid of my canopy opening. It did feel weird and a little confining and it is something that takes getting used to along with being a safe enough jumper to handle the situation. I don't know how the guys can handle the bigger rigs for several jumps a day.
Anyway I had around 200 jumps then, But it will be a few more before I get my own camera. Glen

1st one was around 300...I almost bounced.
Low pull on a Tandem 3,000 , low pull from primary Video 2,000
LOW!!! pull by me. 800 ish....I was on my back when primary pulled.

2nd and 3rd around 500 jumps.

over 2,000 I really started. Of course I only have around 70 total video anyway.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Chivito,
I had about 100 and something in the high end. then I bought mine when i had 230 all side mount and on 490 I went top mount with a still camera and I love it. since I bought the camera all my jumps are video jumps. I can't jump without my camera (exceptions of hop and pops)
CIelos Auzles
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

In Holland you need a C licence and at least 200 RW jumps before you can jump camera.
But even the you still need a special permit to jump camera, and they are only issue'd Januari every year....:(

No camera jumping for me....although I would love to..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I had a little over 200 and it was no coincidence that my second camera jump was my first low pull. Infact I only pulled on time on my first camera jump because the 6-way I was filming started to track off :o. Be careful.

Gus

OutpatientsOnline.com

you still need a special permit to jump camera, and they are only issue'd Januari every year....:(

it sure is nice to be american sometimes....jumped at texel with only 80 some jumps with my camera...............

Yep....I envy you...:)

But then again...I gues it's also a good thing for some people (not you...don't know you 'live'...yet:) who should focus on learing to skydive competent and safety aware, instead of focussing on 'getting that shot'.
There's some dangerous folks out there...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?