mac2501

best DZ in the US to get ratings

Skydive Spaceland in Houston Texas
Check them out at: www.skydivespaceland.com

Tandem Ratings full time.

AFF Cert course this April.

Flight School Opening very soon with another close by.

Huge Landing area with outs galore.

Very well maintained Otters, Cessna’s and student/rental gear.

Immaculate grounds and amenities including bunk rooms, campgrounds, restaurant, showers, etcetera...

Great weather climate.

Great people good vibes.

National Champion skydivers available for coaching.

Very Close to a major Metropolitan area, Houston Texas and beaches along the Gulf Coast.

Incredibly friendly and competent staff and training programs.

www.skydivespaceland.com

Bram is the coolest

I got to watch Bram teach an AFFI course at Aggieland a couple of years ago. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. So it comes down to any DZ in the US is the best to get ratings at, as long as you get Bram to come to that DZ.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrry AFF-I

Bram and Elly have it nailed!

Everyone either go to MO during the summer OR go to Z-hills during the winter to jump with the best.

Skydiveratings.com

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

Yep. Bram and Elly Rock!

I triple that!

I am a loyal fan.

I have attached a photo of Bram - which makes me ask...

How many students smile when they are on their back?

Also - for those who have been around Bram - you know his accent... On the first day, we asked what his accent was... He said in the PERFECT AUSTIN POWERS GOLDMEMBER DUTCH accent, "Holland, ye know; Amsterdam; Wooden Shoes". He also said, in a way you will have to use your Goldmember imagination of a Dutch accent to make it funny as it was: "Ye never know, you might have a schmart cookie, but by the end of the day the cookie might crumble."

He is just such a cool guy. Nothing but respect from me... For an example, I lost the dummy ripcord (I stuffed it in my jumpsuit and it fell out somewhere over zhills). I demanded that I pay for it... He looked at me and said when I make $100,000 a year he will accept half of everything I make, but until then, he would cover the loss.

His sense of humor is great... Another candidate left a tandem rig out unpacked. Bram and Elly had to run to the hospital to visit a friend and I did not want to leave it out. They walked up as I was trying to put it away, never handling a tandem rig and all that fabric myself before. They watched in silence for a good minute as I was fumbling around with all the canopy and lines - getting a good (silent) laugh as I was trying to keep it super neat...

Another candidate finally could not resist - and started quoting the movie Goldmember by the end of the week... I think Bram even replied to us once, "Schmoke and a pancake."

He just made the rating evaluation course the most fun I ever have had in skydiving - it was truly an awesome experience.

They ARE the best ... everywhere they go. Their dedication to sharing the knowledge and the way they deliver it...with the constant attention to detail and safety....is just the best.
Maybe there's a reason Bram is the AFF course director??????
;););)
:D:D:D

Why do you need another rating before you can do AFF?

be a USPA coach or instructor from another discipline(IAD, S.L or USPA
tandem)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If you come to Start Skydiving for your ratings, we have excellent facilities, you will not be bothered by outside distractions, and you will get a discount for coming here. Contact Kip at the Start Skydiving DZ.
AFFI-E, Tandem I-E, S/L I-E, IAD I-E, Coach I-E
Students are our future teach them well

Yep. Bram and Elly Rock!

I triple that!

He just made the rating evaluation course the most fun I ever have had in skydiving - it was truly an awesome experience.

I quadruple that. Bram and Elly are awesome. I recommend them to anyone who wants a rating. You must watch Goldmember before taking a course from him. The entire course I was fighting back laughter listening to him talk. :D

You must watch Goldmember before taking a course from him. The entire course I was fighting back laughter listening to him talk. :D

He said the first day, in a perfect goldmember accent: "You never know, you might have a schmart cookie, but by the end of the day, the cookie might crumble." It still makes me laugh in a good way.

can anyone tell me the best DZ to get tandem ratings and AFF in the US

Is the question - who you take the course with or which is a good DZ in which to take the course?

It does not really matter who conducts the course that you EARN your rating from.

Don Yahrling taught the course I took, some liked him, some did not but it was not who gives the course that makes a really good instructor, it is the person acquiring the rating.

If you endeavor to be the very best instructor you can possibly be and work hard at it, you will be a good instructor. And it does not matter if the best course director in the history of the universe conducts the course you take, that person will not make you a good instructor, only you can do that…

So if you are looking for a good DZ to take the course at, I stand by my previous recommendation (www.skydivespaceland.com)because they have well maintained planes, very good gear and 130 acre landing area surrounded by fields for off landings. If you are looking for someone to make you a good instructor, then you do not have to travel farther than the nearest mirror…
-
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

...It does not really matter who conducts the course that you EARN your rating from.

...it was not who gives the course that makes a really good instructor, it is the person acquiring the rating.

...And it does not matter if the best course director in the history of the universe conducts the course you take

Gotta disagree with you here Mykel...some course directors cannot teach worth a shit. Some have ego problems. Some have really bad attitudes. Some have only $$$ as their main concern. Some are still living in the dark ages of skydiving.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Gotta disagree with you here Mykel...some course directors cannot teach worth a shit. Some have ego problems. Some have really bad attitudes. Some have only $$$ as their main concern. Some are still living in the dark ages of skydiving.

Disagreeing is cool, very…

So you are telling me that of all the 8 candidates that took the course when I did, all of us are equal to one another in terms of how well we teach? How well we communicate with students? How well we take care of our duties around the workplace? And that the only reason I am at the level of quality as an instructor that I am is due to the way that Don conducted his AFFCC?

Are you saying that if I had taken the course with someone other than Don Y (don’t get much more dark age than him with a huge ego who loved making $$) that I would be a better (or worse) instructor?

So I would be a better instructor today had Jay Stokes been my course director? I am left to wallow in the throws of mediocrity because I got stuck with Don???
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Gotta disagree with you here Mykel...some course directors cannot teach worth a shit.

Until I took a course with Jay Stokes, I didn't think course directors taught at all. Their function has usually been to test, not teach. Having Jay help me get ready for the tests was a pleasant surprise.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)