47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I am completely flabbergasted. This incident was the perfect storm of ambiguity. Every media article or video on the subject seems to contradict the basic facts in the transcripts and available crew interviews.

Statements about Cooper from the FBI about what they suspect his experience was don't even match up to the persons that they chose to investigate. Whatever information is being held back, can't be of much value. It seems madness to try and make any sense of any of this.

You can now add the Gregory sketch to the above.

Something does not add up.

The SR-71 information is new? I dont know why
people are making such a buzz about that - there
have been references to high altitude IR scans by
some aircraft or satellite for years. It turned up
nothing, but it shows the seriousness with which
some people were trying to turn up evidence and
find Cooper, and it may help define the ambiguities
people were dealing with, for better or for worse, in
the situation at the time.

On the other questions maybe others will answer.

I understand your mixed feelings about all of this.
Good luck finding answers.

Seems like the only thing I've ever read about the SoL is what you mentioned here. I'm not a lawyer, but I thought back in 1971 the only crime that had no SoL was murder and other capitol crimes, so I may be wrong. When I see all the fakes like Weber trying to capitalize, the real DBC had he lived might be tempted to confess just to shutup the trashy redneck people that have lied and continue to lie about family members being involved.

Did you not read the post you responded to? There IS a SoL on hijacking, which they got around by formally indicting Cooper even though they do not know his name.
This has been discussed here before.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Orange wrote

Did you not read the post you responded to? There IS a SoL on hijacking, which they got around by formally indicting Cooper even though they do not know his name.

Orange is right. DBC can be prosecuted today because he was indicted (as a John Doe) before the SOL cutoff date. If he had accomplices they are no longer at risk. SOL has run out.

Jo's copyright notices bug me too, but no worries. They are defective. This forum should conform to the anarchistic legal standards associated with DZs. No liability, everything is waived, lawyers can jump, but can't practice their trade outside of dispensing free advice to fellow jumpers on how to beat spousal support modification motions.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

So along with my poor performance (not what you think) finding all the civil aircraft with aft stairs yesterday, I begin a new day with yet another discovery of my aviation shortcomings. It would be much easier if the information I was looking for would just lay at my feet, at my beck and call rather than be forced through two (2) humiliating and disgraceful revisions in 24 hours.

But I was required to make the amendments with an acknowledgement as part of being cool.

Along with the growing list of aircraft with aft stairs is an addition to the Cooper arrest warrant and Statute of Limitations. Ms. Kerkow is suspected of living in Cuba (Cuber for those from Massachusetts) and still wanted after all these years. Ahhhh, that’s kinda sweet. Her accomplice, Willie Holder (not what you think) returned to the US and was convicted of hijacking where he served his time till being released on parole. After all, everyone deserves a second chance. He most certainly took advantage of that by being arrested six months after being released for conspiracy to commit another hijacking. So he went back in the clink and Catherine has remained wanted. I don’t think letting some statute of limitations guide your confession to a crime would be the wisest of move. But what do I know?

The Kerkow motive seems political? = hostages, Algeria giving asylum, ending up in Cuba. Bet they weren't happy about the ransom being returned.
Was there any indication what Holder planned for the next hijacking - just money, or some other motive?
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Willie Holder was a member of the Black Panthers and hijacked the plane in a sort of ‘Dog Day Afternoon’ rationalization of seeking political asylum with a bag filled with half a million dollars.

I guess the charm of the asylum wore off and Willie moved to France where he was eventually arrested and sent home.

Now Mr. Altruistic conspires with an accomplice that hands him over to undercover cops who pose as arms merchants willing to sell some C-4 explosive to Holder.

Quote from the article:

“Other law enforcement sources said the former Black Panther Party member was going to stage the hijacking in the guise of a political statement, but his real intention was to get enough money to last him the rest of his life.”

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-07-18/local/me-3264_1_willie-holder

Orange wrote

Orange is right. DBC can be prosecuted today because he was indicted (as a John Doe) before the SOL cutoff date. If he had accomplices they are not. SOL has run out.

Jo's copyright notices bug me too, but no worries. They are defective. This forum should confirm to the anarchistic legal standards associated with DZs. No liability, everything is waived, lawyers can jump, but can't practice their trade outside of dispensing free advice to fellow jumpers on how to beat spousal support modification motions.

This is one legal theory and is why it was reckless for the actor / supposed former prosecutor / attorney to be dispensing legal advice to KC's supposed accomplice on the History Channel's Detector's Show. Believe me - if the Government finds this guy he will be prosecuted. This is a federal crime and we are talking U.S. Attorneys not some schmuck State's Attorney or DA.

I have heard there is yet another suspect to come out / being looked at in addition to LD Cooper. Things are moving.

Orange wrote

Orange is right. DBC can be prosecuted today because he was indicted (as a John Doe) before the SOL cutoff date. If he had accomplices they are not. SOL has run out.

This is one legal theory and is why it was reckless for the actor / supposed former prosecutor / attorney to be dispensing legal advice to KC's supposed accomplice on the History Channel's Detector's Show. Believe me - if the Government finds this guy he will be prosecuted. This is a federal crime and we are talking U.S. Attorneys not some schmuck State's Attorney or DA.

I have heard there is yet another suspect to come out / being looked at in addition to LD Cooper. Things are moving.

Jo's copyright notices bug me too, but no worries. They are defective. This forum should confirm to the anarchistic legal standards associated with DZs. No liability, everything is waived, lawyers can jump, but can't practice their trade outside of dispensing free advice to fellow jumpers on how to beat spousal support modification motions.

Taco? Where are you hearing these things? You act like you're in the kow yet you refuse to answer my questions.

Orange wrote

Bold to show tacomaman's reply in the center of 377's post.

Taco? Where are you hearing these things? You act like you're in the kow yet you refuse to answer my questions.

Mr. Green...You bring up an EXCELLENT question. Tacomaman could you please give details about your claims or back them up with references.

Right now it is a case of he said/she said with no distinguishable evidence.

Thank you.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Ankle boots versus ankle shoes.

The picture you posted was the shoe of choice for Weber until the day he died.

Duane did own a pair that came to the height of regular lace up shoes...these I NEVER saw him wear and they were some designer name which I do not remember. No one was ever able to find a picture of those.
They had a lizard like grain in them and they were a rich blackish mahoney color. Would go with maroon, brown, black or just about anything other than gray...just I personally would not have worn that color with gray.

I haven't receive Geoffrey's book yet, but understand one is in the mail to me. On a web site I was able to pull up a few things.

I am puzzled how he found witnesses like the paint store owner who stated the color of the suit and the lapels being wider.
This same witness mentions wavy hair as does the other stewardess who was never very public saying Cooper's hair was wavy.

The description get more and more convoluted all of the time.

I had 4 conversations on the phone since I got up this morning. The attitude of these parties is even more confusing.

#1. Was polite, but the voice had a different sound in attitude toward me I have not heard before. It was NOT derogatory or repetitive.

#2. Presented an attitude I had not heard from this person in the past. I wanted this person to know that I am going to play my last cards very soon. NOT on this thread, but in a sutle way I am going to produce what I think puts Weber on the plane.

#3. This individual has always believed "my story" - perhaps because I presented most of it prior to ever reading books about Cooper or knowing any details about the crime other than what was in a book of mostly fiction I was reading the night I called the FBI in 1996.

Things that have now been discussed and written about in books and articles and threads everywhere. Yet, I spoke of these thing in 1996. Since 1996 these "things" never went away and some of it would be impossible for me to "make-up" as I told them to the FBI during that 1st yr and I told them to friends and family. Much of this was recorded (me talking to myself and trying to reason with everything on a tape).

#4. Just a friend who has been there to listen when I need to talk about Cooper, but my 21 questions caused her to rethink the things she and I have discussed over the yrs. She offered a suggestion I have often thought about, but never allowed myself to actually follow thru with.

My own take at this moment:

Indeed, the FBI needs to address those 21 question which I was told could easily be reduce to 12 questions (seems I addressed the same subject in different ways in more than one question). Always been that way - repeat and repeat, but ask the question a different way and the person might provide different answers...has worked before even on the FBI.

Those 21 questions were not only for this thread, but all who have known me over the yrs and those involved in the Cooper story over the yrs.,,this included the FBI and other government agencies and media personnel I have spoke with over the yrs.

Cooper will no longer hold me hostage. Cooper destroyed many lives, but he never forgot what a 22 yrs old taught him...and he really tried to be the best he could be.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Looks like its back to the drawing board for the fiction writers (Jo and Blevins) can't wait to see what new stories they come up with now that the word is out that even there suspects have been proven not to be the hyjacker.AND ALL IN THE WORLD NO THAT THEY HAVE BEEN PROVEN NOT TO BE SUSPECTS. How it must feel to finally realize that the intire world realizes that you have made a fool out of your selves. At least that is what is being said and thought by most. On the other hand once again I have been proven right and quoted by many.So why is it so many people still do not realize that this case is still open because of the John Doe law. 377 your great with the Law so why not explain it again. As for the fail safe identity rule I have If there is a posibility that a suspect is Cooper I will be the first to let you all know. Funny how the rest of the world now realize's this.One good clue If the suspect has not been seen since the hyjacking and fits the profile he may be Cooper. Disregard eye collar and a polygraph realy does help the claimant get there story checked out.And there is still one person that can Identify Cooper. Jerry

Tacomaman wrote:

An agressive US Attorney could get a ham sandwich indicted, but getting a conviction is another matter. An accomplice has an excellent chance of beating the case on a motion to dismiss based on an expired SOL. DBC is not as lucky, he is defintely proescutable today.

There is Z E R O hard evidence that DBC had an accomplice waiting for him on the ground or working with him in any capacity. If there was such evidence the Asst. US Attorney who filed on Cooper as a John Doe would have also included the accomplice(s).

You can't get an indictment based on pure speculation. There has to be evidence that a crime was committed by the accused suspect, even if the identity is not yet known. How could you make a case against even a John Doe accomplice? It would be 100% speculation.

US Attorneys aren't gods (unless they jump) and State prosecutors and county DAs are not "schmucks" as you call them. Both offices have a wide range of talent. Quite a few federal prosecutors used to be DAs. The fed job is more attractive due to pay, stability and benefits, so you rarely see job hops in the other direction.

Also, the federal system is just cleaner, no stale vomit in the hallways and holding cells, no graffitii carved in to the seat backs. The courtrooms are more expensively and gracefully appointed, no dirty floors, squalid restrooms or broken ventian blinds. But don't judge the book by its cover. Legal talent resides in both the mansions and the dirty alleys of the court systems. I've seen geniuses and fools in both venues.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Tacomaman wrote:

An agressive US Attorney could get a ham sandwich, indicted, but getting a conviction is another matter. An accomplice has an excellent chance of beating the case on a motion to dismiss based on an expired SOL. DBC is not as lucky, he is defintely proescutable today.

There is Z E R O hard evidence that DBC had an accomplice waiting for him on the ground or working with him in any capacity. If there was such evidence the Asst. US Attorney who filed on Cooper as a John Doe would have also included the accomplice(s).

You can't get an indictment based on pure speculation. There has to be evidence that a crime was committed by the accused suspect, even if the identity is not yet known. How could you make a case against even a John Doe accomplice? It would be 100% speculation.

US Attorneys aren't gods (unless they jump) and State prosecutors and county DAs are not "schmucks" as you call them. Both offices have a wide range of talent. Quite a few federal prosecutors used to be DAs. The fed job is more attractive due to pay, stability and benefits, so you rarely see job hops in the other direction.

Also, the federal system is just cleaner, no stale vomit in the hallways and holding cells, no graffitii carved in to the seat backs. The courtrooms are more expensively and gracefully appointed, no dirty floors, squalid restrooms or broken ventian blinds. But don't judge the book by its cover. Legal talent resides in both the mansions and the dirty alleys of the court systems. I've seen geniuses and fools in both venues.

Some impassioned nutter has hit the wrong button
since the last several posts (Jo or JT) and shifted
the whole page now out of wack ... out of its normal
frame. My guess is Jo.

Quade, pse change the page back to its normal
format ???????????? Its only on this page. All
previous pages are normal.

I did it! I am Cooper. I did something in my post - a code without an ending. Guilty as charged. I had walked away from my computer and just saw it and I fixed it.

Sorry! Those dumb blond root really get in my way sometimes.
:D

Geoger: Do you mean that there is a button for this forum we can hit to miss it up. Interesting. Jerry

Yes, Jerry there are errors that can be made that screw things up, but Quade usually finds them and fixes them if we do not find our own mistake rather quickly. If someone told you how this was done - you would make sure the Thread was screwed up everyday. Things like that will get you BANNED for ever just like Snowmman.

Looks like its back to the drawing board for the fiction writers (Jo and Blevins) can't wait to see what new stories they come up with now that the word is out that even there suspects have been proven not to be the hyjacker.AND ALL IN THE WORLD NO THAT THEY HAVE BEEN PROVEN NOT TO BE SUSPECTS. How it must feel to finally realize that the intire world realizes that you have made a fool out of your selves. At least that is what is being said and thought by most. On the other hand once again I have been proven right and quoted by many.So why is it so many people still do not realize that this case is still open because of the John Doe law. 377 your great with the Law so why not explain it again. As for the fail safe identity rule I have If there is a posibility that a suspect is Cooper I will be the first to let you all know. Funny how the rest of the world now realize's this.One good clue If the suspect has not been seen since the hyjacking and fits the profile he may be Cooper. Disregard eye collar and a polygraph realy does help the claimant get there story checked out.And there is still one person that can Identify Cooper. Jerry

There is no bigger fool than someone who claims he works with the FBI and has knowledge only the FBI has. Jerry you are the one who claimed Duane was in Jail Nov 25, 1971. You made a FOOL out of yourself - perhaps you had better talk to your informer - within the FBI. Until you do this and have written comfirmations in you own hands which you can publish...it is very advisable you refrain from making such statements.

Ankle boots versus ankle shoes.

The picture you posted was the shoe of choice for Weber until the day he died.

A lot of noise is made about how Cooper wore loafers and that they would have blown off immediately, adding weight to the idea he had no idea he was doing if he wore loafers for a jump. However, the only detailed eyewitness description of footwear available to the public that I know of, Tina's, states "...brown socks, brown ankle length pebble grain shoes, not the tie type..."

Maybe I am misinterpreting ankle length as meaning the shoe covers the ankle. I suppose it could mean below the ankle, but why mention "ankle length" at all then? Also, just from Tina's description, it isn't entirely clear that "not the tie type" is in reference to the shoes, and not to to Cooper; as in Cooper himself did not seem to Tina as being "the tie type".

The "ankle length shoes" could be basically short dress boots. They may not be beefy jump boots, but certainly they would not appear out of place with a suit and tie and also less likely to blow off in a high speed jet exit than loafers. Cooper is seated a lot of the time when talking with Tina, even with shoes above the ankles his brown socks might still be visible.

Perhaps in the questioning of the crew, more detail was revealed about the shoes that specifically identifies them as loafers, or the whole loafers bit could simply be as incorrect as the idea that Cooper asked specifically for twenty dollar bills.

The "ankle length shoes" could be basically short dress boots. They may not be beefy jump boots, but certainly they would not appear out of place with a suit and tie and also less likely to blow off in a high speed jet exit than loafers.

I have no idea what footwear Cooper actually wore, but I've made high speed exits out of a C 130, a CASA 212 and a DC 9-21 passenger jet.

The kind of shoe shown in your attached photo wouldnt come off, but loafers almost certainly would.

Of all those jumps the firewalled Herc was the fastest. What a tumble I took for the first few seconds until I could get stable... it was wild. The jump was a test jump for SSK, the US support arm for the Cypres AAD. They outfitted me with a black box pressure sensor recorder. They wanted to see what kind of pressure transients you'd get on a high speed tumbling exit. I sure obliged them on the tumbling part and the Herc drivers sure delivered the speed.

Tacomaman wrote:

An agressive US Attorney could get a ham sandwich indicted, but getting a conviction is another matter. An accomplice has an excellent chance of beating the case on a motion to dismiss based on an expired SOL. DBC is not as lucky, he is defintely proescutable today.

I never said US Attorney are "gods" although compared with the average state's attorney or DA they are. I was merely stating I would listen to a TV Actor / attorney that admission to being an accomplice to a hijacking would be a non-prosecutable offense.

I’ve been searching for the rationale associated with requiring 727’s to install the Cooper Vane that Robert99 mentioned. Here are some of my findings so far:

1. Any question asked on an internet forum like “Where’s a good place to get a KX-155A repaired?” will first be answered with another question like “Whadaya wanna do dat fer?” After explaining all the intricacies to Captain Blazing Response the answer, “I don’t know” WILL follow. I have found this to reside in a certainty ellipse of 100%.

2. The FAA AD (Airworthiness Directive) database has produced nothing requiring the installation of such a device that I can find thus far. It should not be this difficult if it applied to all 727s.

3. This leaves a sort of backdoor AD or Service Bulletin via the Maintenance Manual issued by the manufacturer. If an item is integrated into this document even though it may have been organically produced without FAA mandate it becomes required equipment for continued airworthiness.

At this point I’m feeling a little suspect of this FAA mandate and am leaning towards simple home grown solution (an A&P) that was implemented via Boeing after a series of hijackings with this particular plane.

This is such ‘old news’ that it’s hard to believe it has not been verified before. Then again, say something enough and it will become true via lore.

There is relief to be found today for all those that know DB Cooper is a Special Ops combo CIA Agent that has a grudge against the ‘man’. Coming in early 2012 is a new comic book to round out the existing selection which is becoming so vast that it’s difficult to tell one from another.

Once again, because I just care too much, I courageously took this problem head on in an effort to stifle further confusion and contain fear. Although I’m not sure if this is the entire inventory of Cooper comics, I will update this information as necessary. You’re welcome.

Tacomaman wrote:

I never said US Attorney are "gods" although compared with the average state's attorney or DA they are. I was merely stating I would listen to a TV Actor / attorney that admission to being an accomplice to a high jacking would be a non-prosecutable offense.Tacomaman's comment inbedded in 377's post.

Tacomaman continues to add his thoughts in the comments of others.........here is his post:

I never said US Attorney are "gods" although compared with the average state's attorney or DA they are. I was merely stating I would listen to a TV Actor / attorney that admission to being an accomplice to a high jacking would be a non-prosecutable offense.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Thanks Vicki.

I hope it has more to do with tacomaman not understanding how to work the details of the forum posting system than deliberately trying to mix his words into mine. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Tacomaman also continues to ignore requests for sources. He claims to have an inside track to what the FBI is doing, but so have many others.

All I know for sure about the inside workings of the FBI is that every day each SA worries about getting recognized by the boss and getting that overdue and highly deserved promotion, worries about getting posted to some god forsaken backwater office, wonders how the kids can go to college on the meager family savings culled from the modest FBI salary and wonders why he or she always gets stuck with piles of dull cases with no media interest while other agents are practically TV stars.

"Daddy why arent you on TV? Carr's Dad is on all the time."

Son, your Dad is working on the super secret stuff that cant be shown on TV.

I’ve been searching for the rationale associated with requiring 727’s to install the Cooper Vane that Robert99 mentioned. Here are some of my findings so far:

1. Any question asked on an internet forum like “Where’s a good place to get a KX-155A repaired?” will first be answered with another question like “Whadaya wanna do dat fer?” After explaining all the intricacies to Captain Blazing Response the answer, “I don’t know” WILL follow. I have found this to reside in a certainty ellipse of 100%.

2. The FAA AD (Airworthiness Directive) database has produced nothing requiring the installation of such a device that I can find thus far. It should not be this difficult if it applied to all 727s.

3. This leaves a sort of backdoor AD or Service Bulletin via the Maintenance Manual issued by the manufacturer. If an item is integrated into this document even though it may have been organically produced without FAA mandate it becomes required equipment for continued airworthiness.

At this point I’m feeling a little suspect of this FAA mandate and am leaning towards simple home grown solution (an A&P) that was implemented via Boeing after a series of hijackings with this particular plane.

This is such ‘old news’ that it’s hard to believe it has not been verified before. Then again, say something enough and it will become true via lore.

Interesting quest Farflung and I can't find the AD either. Must be an SB from Boeing?

Who made them? What about the one I saw on our Douglas DC 9-21 jumpship? That vane looked engineered and manufactured, not cobbed up by a maintenance department. It was rendered ineffective by simply removing the ventral door, but it was still on the plane, ready to foil the next DBC wannabe if this old DC 9 ever went back into airline service.

The whole idea of the Cooper Vane shows that the FBI thought parachuting skyjackers wouldn't try it on jets that couldn't be jumped. Does that prove they believed the converse, that Cooper KNEW a 727 COULD be jumped? Nope.