47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Baloney, Georger. I've never tried to contact Tina. I sent a book and a few pictures of KC to one of her relatives, along with a very polite letter. There was no response, so I left it at that. Porteous has spoken to one or two of Tina's family members. They told him this: Remembering the hijacking upsets her and she made a public decision long ago to not talk about it, and no...she doesn't want to look at pictures. These family members also told Porteous that Tina has had 'personal issues' over the years regarding the hijacking, but that she is fine now. I have no idea what 'personal issues' means, but I never said she was a 'zombie' or incompetent. I said she would be useless as a witness today.

Please do NOT put words into my mouth. You have a lot of nerve trying to lump me in with a guy who goes around the country stalking people, and then publishes articles about these people full of nasty comments.

reply]

So, you did not make the previous posts below ?

RobertMBlevins
PM Friend
United States
Jumps
License
In sport:
Jan 27, 2011, 10:15 PM

Post #21621 of 25079 (190 views)

Quote | Reply

I may have been wrong on some things
occasionally, but I don't make up stuff regarding the
Cooper case. Not intentionally, anyway.

The True Tina Deal As Far As I Know It:
Even if you could see her now, she would tell you
she remembers little from the night of the hijacking.

She's had 'issues' over the years. To a degree, you
could call them psychological issues. She's NOT
crazy. She is doing okay now. And you won't be able
to get a single thing out of her. Remember, she's
about 62 years old now and a bit different from the
wide-eyed stew who dallied with Cooper. There have
been changes to her personality and she's a little
fragile. This is why her family protects her. And
that's all you're getting out of me about it. I have all
of this on very good information. You can take it or
leave it as you like.

It's a true bummer, since she was the best witness.

Hey, speaking of stews...my first well,
uh...experience was with a stew. It's a cute story,
and NWA has a bit part in it: 'Your First Time is
Always Memorable - and Here's Mine'. (insert evil
laugh here)

http://adventurebooks.newsvine.com/...memorable-
heres-mine

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Jan 27,
2011, 10:22 PM

----------------------------------------------------

RobertMBlevins
PM Friend
United States
Jumps
License
In sport :
Jan 28, 2011, 12:34 AM

Post #21624 of 25079 (139 views)
Copy Shortcut

Quote | Reply

has and never will, but you do!

What does that tell you?'

I don't know. Skipp Porteous investigated her
thoroughly and spoke to some family members. I
have spoken to one of Tina's nieces. The whole
thing is messed up, and that's too bad. Really.
She's the best witness, IMHO. I get bummed
thinking about it. That stuff I said previously was
true. She should go public with something, if she
can, but the truth is I don't know IF SHE CAN.

4-way in the airstream :D

The story sounds a bit 'pat' but hey, let's see where it goes. Georger, any opinion from the photo that is in that article?

Im still collating.

It's a good middle-of-the-road account that fits
with 'facts' I think I know and can prove.

The guy should have military prints available.
Familial and perhaps personal dna/mtdna available.

The story has plausibility of an ordinary kind, for a
change. No super heroes or leaps of factual logic
required. It falls in the range of what you might
expect ordinary people to do, for a change. The
story holds out the possibility of hard evidence, for
a change.

The ordinary nature of the story may be its weakest
part. Its too early to say. Its a very interesting story.

ABC news just had an interview of a lady whose uncle is DB Cooper. This house of madness can officially end.

DB Cooper was LD Cooper out of Oregon. Case closed.

A niece! Wow!!!

Well, we have already had a wife (Weber), a brother (Christiansen), and kids (Gosset, Vicki, Jamie) of ...um, that makes 6, different Coopers come forward. There may be more I am unaware of (have we had any cousins yet? mothers in law?).

If only it were that easy :D

I'll reserve judgement till we see if the FBI can get anything out of the fingerprints. I know some people don't want the mystery solved but I for one would be happy to see it so.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Incidentally I may have missed this but apparently LD Cooper was a Korean war veteran (which some of you know is one of my favored hypotheses). Anyone happen to know what he did in Korea?

P.S thought I should just add for the whuffos, that my avatar is also a 4-way in the airstream :D

Really? A man named Cooper uses his own surname? I guess I'm fresh meat too, although I've been a long time reader.

That is interesting, isnt it.

The timeline in the ABC account has a problem also ?

But prints and dna should be available - from all of them. I hope they thought about that?

Incidentally I may have missed this but apparently LD Cooper was a Korean war veteran (which some of you know is one of my favored hypotheses). Anyone happen to know what he did in Korea?

P.S thought I should just add for the whuffos, that my avatar is also a 4-way in the airstream :D

I believe that his niece said that he was NOT a paratrooper.

The guy should have military prints available.
Familial and perhaps personal dna/mtdna available.

Even if neither are definitive on their own, if there is a partial DNA match AND a partial fingerprint match that pretty much puts him on the plane. (Am I recalling correctly that the fingerprints recovered are partials, or is my brain only partially functioning?)

I don't believe LD Cooper is Dan Cooper for a few reasons. First, He and his brother sound way too stupid and hillbilly. Second, walkie talkies? Really? There is no way these 2 idiots had any idea where the plane was that night. I doubt this guy even owned a suit. This lead has been around for several months, why in the hell would it take so long to get a DNA test result back? This story strikes me as a family legend that grew over time.

Incidentally, before we all write off the possibility that he used his own surname, let's not forget that the first thing the FBI did after the hijack was investigate actual people called Cooper... it's not necessarily out of the realm of possibiity.

I believe that his niece said that he was NOT a paratrooper.

Makes it even more interesting, doesnt it. 377
does get Radios.

There are three crucial things I am looking for
which have not surfaced yet. I also want to know
more about the alleged 'money troubles' because
Ckret thought money was at the root of this (crime).

I don't believe LD Cooper is Dan Cooper for a few reasons. First, He and his brother sound way too stupid and hillbilly. Second, walkie talkies? Really? There is no way these 2 idiots had any idea where the plane was that night. I doubt this guy even owned a suit. This lead has been around for several months, why in the hell would it take so long to get a DNA test result back? This story strikes me as a family legend that grew over time.

The bit about the DNA is easily answerable - we've heard before from the FBI in regards to this that the process is expensive and Cooper is not a priority. I'd guess right now for example the Ted Bundy vial is higher priority so they may at least be able to give closure to some people, while I'm sure there are active current investigations that take priority. There was another suspect where it took some months to get the DNA back. It's not like Horatio Caine is giving anyone orders here.

Care to explain why you are so scathing about the suspects? What in particular makes you call them "stupid", "hillbilly", "idiots"?

Incidentally, 377 has posted here that he has done tests with radios under canopy. Have you?

Incidentally, before we all write off the possibility that he used his own surname, let's not forget that the first thing the FBI did after the hijack was investigate actual people called Cooper... it's not necessarily out of the realm of possibiity.

exactly.

I also want to know where and how he got linked to
the Dan Cooper comic book.

I might as well just say this: what bothers me about
this story is its as if someone picked pieces of things
discussed here at dropozone (noncontroversial
items) and lumped them together into a story.
The fit is almost too good.

Someone recently posted a photo of a vet who was
a close resemblance of the composite sketches,
then that person magically disappeared (or is still
here lurking)?

I hope we arent being set up.

What is driving this story: us or a real person with
a real story that just happens to fit with things
discussed here?

I am looking for three things which have not
surfaced yet.

I am amazed the mainstream media has picked
this up so quickly - and appears to be digging into
it. I did not think that level of interest even existed
at this late date, especially given all of the fringe
activity which has dominated the Cooper story for so
long ...

I have the same reservation, for the same reasons.
The story is almost too good. And of course DZ has
provided anyone wishing to build a story, a lot of
fertile material.

People should be aware: all facts in this case have
not been presented at DZ - ever. Weigh your stories
against that small fact.

I am even troubled that the FBI apparently released
this at all! That reveals my bias.

that the process is expensive and Cooper is not a priority.

Expense or availability of certified resources is not
an issue.

There are any number of credible people who could
solve those issues, with one phone call. The whole
world knows that. Im not saying anything new -

I worry more about legal issues, vs technical issues,
in the above. Legal issues is what always takes time
if there is cooperation at the other levels.

Well, we have already had a wife (Weber), a brother (Christiansen), and kids (Gosset, Vickie, Jamie) of ...um, that makes 6, different Coopers come forward

However, in my case, I have never adamantly expressed my opinions and outright said Mel WAS Cooper. I think he should be investigated because he disappeared in 1971 and not heard from since. This is in addition to Mel having a lengthy criminal history, an FBI file and does resemble the physical description.

I hope I have not been labeled as 'pushing' a suspect. I have never sought out a story in the media. I just wanted to know.....for personal reasons.

With all the media attention I think I will be happy if L.D. is THE Cooper. Then I can crawl back into the weeds.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

I might as well just say this: what bothers me about
this story is its as if someone picked pieces of things
discussed here at dropozone (noncontroversial
items) and lumped them together into a story.
The fit is almost too good.

That was exactly my first comment - the story is too "pat". Anyway with fingerprints and DNA we will know one way or the other at some point. (Heaven forbid we get another so-convinced-they-disregard-all-the-evidence one though...)

Also what bugs me is the photo. Maybe there was only one photo but sheesh ... it's not easy to get a proper idea from it. At least for me.

Well, we have already had a wife (Weber), a brother (Christiansen), and kids (Gosset, Vickie, Jamie) of ...um, that makes 6, different Coopers come forward

However, in my case, I have never adamantly expressed my opinions and outright said Mel WAS Cooper. I think he should be investigated because he disappeared in 1971 and not heard from since. This is in addition to Mel having a lengthy criminal history, an FBI file and does resemble the physical description.

I hope I have not been labeled as 'pushing' a suspect. I have never sought out a story in the media. I just wanted to know.....for personal reasons.

With all the media attention I think I will be happy if L.D. is THE Cooper. Then I can crawl back into the weeds.

Absolutely Vicki and I certainly wasn't trying to imply you were pushing at all! I just found it rather naive that someone says "his niece says so" and expects that to be good enough!

Whew, was I happy to read this:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2015808203_cooper04m.html

"I'm certain he was my uncle, Lynn Doyle Cooper, who we called L.D. Cooper," she told ABC News.”

Cooper (Marla) told ABC News that she is working on a book about her uncle, but said that wasn't her primary motivation for coming forward. It never is.

All she wants is the truth.

All we have to do is wait for the book to be published, then buy it and read it. Kinda weird how previous reports wanted to protect the identity of the family. Hmmmm, well I don’t see anything strange about this at all.

Whew, was I happy to read this:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2015808203_cooper04m.html

"I'm certain he was my uncle, Lynn Doyle Cooper, who we called L.D. Cooper," she told ABC News.”

Cooper (Marla) told ABC News that she is working on a book about her uncle, but said that wasn't her primary motivation for coming forward. It never is.

All she wants is the truth.

All we have to do is wait for the book to be published, then buy it and read it. Kinda weird how previous reports wanted to protect the identity of the family. Hmmmm, well I don’t see anything strange about this at all.

and I just received this point of view, from a
concerned citizen:

Quote:

"Who knows what gives with this. If they are looking
for a real story ( and some real dollars) they can
start by stopping any /all spending of additional
funds into any further investigation into this long
lost case and instead go after the more concerning
and current cases ... There is some serious shit
going on in our own backyards right now that is from
this century, current, which has a more immediate
affect on all of us, rather than battle over something
that probably comes from WWII.

Think about how many millions and millions of man
hours, time and money that has already been
wasted trying to solve this Cooper case ...
Past the point of making sense if you ask me."

So, opinions on every side. The writer of the above
is in his thirties, married, with two children.

Absolutely Georger, to me this new suspect is a very big let down. A niece, turkey hunting, walkie talkies, cryptic remarks. The family said LD Cooper disappeared forever after that day, why? The niece said she never saw him again, why? Why would that happen, how would that help him stay off the FBI's radar? It's stupid, and the fact that this guy never jumped out of plane before seals it for me. Big let down.

I also did not like the picture. LD Cooper lived to be almost 70 years old and this is the best picture the niece has. As far as radio tests, I'm not saying LD Cooper could not have done this, but he just doesn't sound sophisticated and organized enough to pull this off. I'm sorry but a army corporal that served in Korea is not that rare.

There is more to it guys - trust me.

This is not just another lady, relative that is hawking a book and looking to start posting every minute on DZ.

BTW, saw a history channel program "Detector" and I laughed my ass off. Everyone thinks they have solved the hijacking with there relative or suspect of choice with a complete circumstantial evidence. What a joke. In one scene they took KC print and put under the sketch and all the paid actors had this "Ah Hah!" moment. Like case solved. Sorry without DNA, Fingerprints, a parachute or the money you are just another wannabee. This lead is different - trust me.

Georger wrote:

I am amazed the mainstream media has picked
this up so quickly - and appears to be digging into
it. I did not think that level of interest even existed
at this late date, especially given all of the fringe
activity which has dominated the Cooper story for so
long ...

I too was surprised and gratified to see that the DB Cooper story still has legs. This widely covered story will shake a lot of trees. Who knows what might come from that? That's why I don't get mad at Blevins or Cook or anyone else who presents a suspect and gets some publicity.

There was a daughter who came forward a few years ago in SF saying that her father was the Zodiac killer.

She too was writing a book but of course had only the purist motives in staging press conferences where she was represented by a disbarred laywer.

I would be thrilled if LD Cooper was DB Cooper and used radio communications to get picked up. The chances of that working with a relatively random plane exit is TINY, but not impossible.

I have demonstrated that you can easily communicate at distances over 60 miles between a jumper under canopy at 10,000 feet and a ground based person on a mountain peak, both using low power walkie talkies. After landing twenty miles was no problem. All you need is a line of sight.

I have biases, I have desired outcomes, I am not impartial. I confess all these sins and ask for forgiveness.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Pat 71 wrote:

As far as radio tests, I'm not saying LD Cooper could not have done this, but he just doesn't sound sophisticated and organized enough to pull this off.

Take a listen to CB. There are guys running 5 KW stations who, to put it kindly, are not sophisticated or organized.

There are some hams with double digit IQs who run some pretty sophisticated gear. All it takes is money.

I wonder how an eight year old niece knew the walkie talkies purchased by her uncle were "expensive"? In 1971 Lafayette Radio was selling Japanese walkie talkies for about $40 that would have done the job.

If Cooper escaped capture he might have had help on the ground. Walking out with all the hot news going on would have presented a big problem.

Without a precisely planned and executed exit, meeting at a pre planned rendevous spot would be near impossible. I am not saying Cooper had a ground accomplice but if he did, then radios sure make sense.

And Jo, I am not forgetting Duane's CB hobby.

"4 way in the Airstream" avatar, good one Orange.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Georger your thought process on this is the same as mine. Bruce defined himself with his own words below:

"Please do NOT put words into my mouth. You have a lot of nerve trying to lump me in with a guy who goes around the country stalking people, and then publishes articles about these people full of nasty comments".

What he did is "STALKING" and his article was full of uncalled for COMMENTS. He did NOT have their permission to be there or to write about anything they had to say. Bruce could be a good writer, but his methods are only suitable for the likes of the ENQUIRER. Perhaps he needs to contact them about a job.

I feel responsible for Cook finding Tina and Cook should NEVER have shared "his find" with Bruce. I even told him this when I found out he had told Bruce.

I have had Tina's address and phone number since around 2002, but it was easier to let everyone think I didn't have it.
It is the lone lie I have told during this whole process...but it was to protect her and my only reason.

Remember when we had the discussions on in this thread about supposed interviews with 'Tina's Husband". I sat here laughing my head off, because that was NOT Tina's husband.

Because I was in real estate I had access to things other do not. I have the original print outs of when I was obtained her address and phone number (the things have changed since 9/11) and the privacy of others is covered in the property records.

I wasn't positive I had the right person until I received an anonymous email verifying the address. Yes, I had a brief contact with her and it was very pleasant and because she gave me the courtesy of a return call, I have forever kept her location a secret.

I found out someone else was able to follow the trail from her divorce records (how I knew the "husband" supposedly interviewed was never her husband unless he changed his name). Then when I was aware that Cook had followed the trail I called her and told her I felt responsible, because he had been trying since 2003 to extract her information from me. I only left a brief message.

He used the tactics many of you use saying I don't really know these this or that and I am making it all up. I simply out of anger told him to check out the (state) divorce records. After that it was a piece of cake. I had only used the divorce records (provided to me by someone else) to verify she was still at the address and phone number I had had since 2002.

I have only contacted her three times since my initial phone call from her. One of these was to let her know a sneaky snake might be crawling around her neigborhood and few months later I received a picture the sneaky snake took of her.

Another call was because the co-pilot wanted to reconnect with her.. He sent me an email of what to say and all I did was call and read it off - he included something that would verify the contact was legitimate - something only the 2 of them knew and I was NOT told what this was. The next week they had a conversation per the co-pilot. Again all I did was leave a message.

The last call was to warn her about Grey disclosing her location. Protect and do NO harm.

Georger, I have done all I could do to protect her from the media and then when I found out what Bruce was up to I felt it my duty to warn her...and left a message.

I also contacted the FBI, Mr. H and the co-pilot to let them know I considered what happened regarding the calls to Blevins a wake up call and that Tina needed to be protected.

Several days would pass and I felt uneasy about Tina not having family around when all of this happened. I had the sisters phone number (had never used it) and decided it was TIME to use it - only to make sure Tina would have a support system.

Bruce actual contacted Tina's Sister - he posted this right here in the thread. I also made a post in which I refute the things he "thinks" were dicussed.

This was an invasion of Tina's privacy and her wishes should be respected at all times. If media or a writer showed up on my door without having contacted me - I would call the Sheriff.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber