47 47
quade

DB Cooper

From the Niece's story, they were going turkey hunting, curious about that, most of the time turkey seasons are in spring, and fall seasons added when turkeys are well established. From the Oregon turkey hunting site, it says Wild turkey hunting is the
fastest growing form of hunting
in the U.S. today. In Oregon,
turkey hunting has grown more
than ten-fold since a statewide
spring season opened in 1987.

Any thoughts on that

Nightline showed the niece's mother being interviewed. She's on board.

As the kind folks at Dropzone have pointed out to me time and again: Claims require proof.

Otherwise the niece and the mother are just like the people in this scene from the classic film:

http://youtu.be/-8h_v_our_Q

(Substitute the word 'Cooper' for the famous phrase and there you go)

Spartacus? Really Blevins? Regardless, the mother did have a little to ad during the Nightline piece. Basically backing the niece up.

All of the usual parameters apply: Physical evidence, circumstantial evidence, documentary evidence, testimony from people other than family members, possible parachute experience, direct witness testimony...etc.

I understand what you are saying....but Spartacus? That's a little hokey. Anyway, this Marla Cooper seems to be building steam and from my experiance with law enforcement you never want to dismiss anything unless you have credible evidence one way or the other.

Nightline showed the niece's mother being interviewed. She's on board.

As the kind folks at Dropzone have pointed out to me time and again: Claims require proof.

Otherwise the niece and the mother are just like the people in this scene from the classic film:

http://youtu.be/-8h_v_our_Q

(Substitute the word 'Cooper' for the famous phrase and there you go)

Spartacus? Really Blevins? Regardless, the mother did have a little to ad during the Nightline piece. Basically backing the niece up.

All of the usual parameters apply: Physical evidence, circumstantial evidence, documentary evidence, testimony from people other than family members, possible parachute experience, direct witness testimony...etc.

Family members' testimony is to be viewed as extremely suspect without solid corroborating evidence. Why? Because they stand to gain if that family member were named as Cooper. It's not a problem if a family member comes forward, but it IS a problem if they come forward with nothing more than 'because I say so'.

In the case of Lyle Christiansen, the brother of Kenny Christiansen, there were two things I did. First, I didn't rely on his testimony to build a case against Kenny. Second, I asked him to sign a contract that gave him absolutely zero in exchange for full cooperation to AB of Seattle. This was the only way I would even work with him, because it helps establish credibility. The testimony of family members can open the door, but then real evidence must exist on the other side of the door, otherwise the word of the family member(s) is useless.

'I understand what you are saying....but Spartacus? That's a little hokey. Anyway, this Marla Cooper seems to be building steam and from my experiance with law enforcement you never want to dismiss anything unless you have credible evidence one way or the other...'

And where is this credible evidence? FYI: These women say that their suspect was in the military. If so, his fingerprints are already on file. The US Army has been fingerprinting inductees since about 1908. Arrest records? Parachute experience? Is there anything?

Otherwise, the hokey Spartacus reference holds true.

I never said that I believe Marla Cooper. I suggested that the evidence or lack thereof will tell the story in the long run. Speaking of evidence...Was any of the money KC gave away(or used to purchase his home) ever identified as Cooper's ransom? Wasn't that the idea of the government documenting the serial numbers?

From the Niece's story, they were going turkey hunting, curious about that, most of the time turkey seasons are in spring, and fall seasons added when turkeys are well established. From the Oregon turkey hunting site, it says Wild turkey hunting is the
fastest growing form of hunting
in the U.S. today. In Oregon,
turkey hunting has grown more
than ten-fold since a statewide
spring season opened in 1987.

Any thoughts on that

Lots of new posters the last 2 days. Turkey hunting? We all know that is a fall affair and they probably did go Turkey hunting and there are multiple ways one can become injured in the wood on a hunt of any kind.

There is NO proof other than what these people are saying - no evidence. As much media as was going on in 1971 during the aftermath of the jump - someone would have noted a man whose name was Cooper and who had obvious injuries.
Someone would have called the FBI.

This seems like a young woman who was a girl who has let the family joke go too far. She was smiling way too much in that interview and her story seemed panned and not responsive. I did NOT get the feel of genuine from the interview.

Yes, Mr. Green this is the first time I got to see the picture of the man and see anything on TV about this story. Until a few moments ago I had only read what was on line. I had not seen the picture because I had NOT been able to open the pictures that accompanied the articles.

I did note the picture is faded and very course. The subjects hair seems much thinner than what the Composites show. I do NOT know the date on that picture. I believe that if the hair of Cooper had been that thin then the witnesses would have stated thinning hair and balding.

Since the picture was faded - the color of the hair nor the color of the eyes stood out. I did NOT see a man whose complexion could be called Swarthy or latin. He could be a light olive, but the picture is just not detailed enough. Don't these people have other pictures of this man?

All I had was what I fleetingly saw while they displayed the picture - I have no way of recording anything anymore. When I had to go to the converter box I lost that capabliity with my VCR.

If someone was able to capture the picture would they please post it so I can study it a little more. Someone put a link to a picture in the thread, but I could NOT open it.

Attaching the SALT LAKE CITY photo Duane had me take in 1979. Look at this photo and also post a picture of this man named Cooper.

The picture will NOT attach - I have done this lots of time - do NOT know what is going on.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Finally it attached:
Look at this photo and someone attach the picture of the man they are claiming to be Cooper.

I only got a fleeting look at the picture of the man - we need one to study and talk about.

Greetings,

I have fielded a number of questions pertaining to the new suspect, Geoff and Blevs, and the possibility of an inside job at Tina's and KC's airline, NWO.

Hence, I thought I'd add my thoughts to the current tidal wave of commmentary. What a week for the Cooper investigation!

The New Suspect is suspect

As the story of the New Suspect develops, it appears increasingly that it was a master ploy by author Geoffrey Gray to trumpet his Cooper book’s release next Tuesday.

The FBI has known about the suspect for a year, and made no big deal about it until now. Plus, the “lead” was presented by a new PIO, Ayn Sandalo Dietrich, to the Brit writer Alex Hannaford, who interviewed me a month ago. I strongly consider Alex to be an ally of Geoff, and now may be working in cahoots with him to boost book sales.

During the interview, Alex told me he had an advance copy of Gray’s book, which blew my mind. How does a freelance writer in the UK get an advance copy of an American crime treatise? I emailed Gray and asked him if he was working with Alex, and Geoff said no, but I now believe they probably are.

I have asked them point blank this week if they are in fact working together and I have not heard from either writer.

In addition, Alex possessed an uncanny knowledge of the Cooper case and knew the key people to contact for an A+ article, as if he had been coached. I can think of only a handful of candidates for Alex’ mentor and GG is one of them.

So, the coincidences are very great. As a result, I feel like I have been deceived by them.

However, Alex said that his piece on Cooper, which came out in the (London) Sunday Telegraph on Saturday, July 30, had been totally lifted by the (London) Daily Mail. “Cut and Paste” is what Alex wrote me. That is totally bizarre. I don’t think even Rupert Murdock would do that, so maybe it was given to the DM to help build sales for Gray’s book. But given by whom? Geoff? Alex? Or Crown Publishing???

But Alex sounded miffed in his email, and indicated that he felt his work was stolen. As a result, I don’t think he got paid by the Mail and was not informed beforehand of the publishing. Was he set-up or is he just a really good actor?

Also, Ms. Dietrich has reportedly left town on a very impromptu “vacation” until at least August 15th.

Worse, the “most promising” lead was touted by the feds as highly credible because it came from a law enforcement official, but the acclaimed evidence apparently doesn’t have the capacity to absorb fingerprints. So what is the “item” Ms. Dietrich boasted about? The current supposition is that the item is a guitar strap with nary a fingerprint on it. Thus, the lack of fingerprints on the “item” makes the Bureau look stupid, and indicates that their friendly cop is not the sharpest tool in the shed, either.

As for Ms. Dietrich, I can only wonder if she has a weakness for a British accent.

Blevins’ ties to the New Suspect

As for Kenny Christiansen, he ain’t DB Cooper, despite Robert Blevins’ hard work trumpeting his book on Kenny-as-Cooper in the Blevins-Porteous tome: Into the Blast - The True Story of DB Cooper.

The FBI’s former, and once again current, PIO in Seattle, Fred Gutt, told the Seattle Times this week that Kenny ain’t the guy, and that KC has been dismissed as a suspect by the Bureau.

In addition, Bill Mitchell, the passenger in seat 18B, Cooper’s aisle, and the passenger who had the best look at Cooper besides Tina and Flo, says Kenny ain’t the guy, either. That’s two strikes.

But, can anyone actually trust authors who put a picture of a skydiver landing with a rectangular sport parachute in daylight while wearing dry, heavy clothing and jumping boots on the front cover of their Cooper book, and then titling it: “The true story of DB Cooper?” Such a blatant falsehood is utterly unacceptable to me.

As a result, I consider Blevins and Skippy to be untrustworthy. Further, Skipp lied to me about the extent of his relationship with Geoff about a year or two ago, and later ‘fessed up.

Similarly, I believe Robert and Skipp are incorrect about Kenny.

The truth of Kenny Christiansen lies in a closer examination of his life, which Blevins and Skippy seemingly refuse to conduct. Kenny reportedly had a penchant for young men, particularly runaways, and often opened his house to them. Also, Kenny continued to fly with NWO for twenty years after Cooper, flying on overseas routes to the Orient. Yet, he only flew twice a month and started accumulating lots of moolah. Clearly, Kenny found a way to make lots of money on those flights that had nothing to do with serving drinks and snacks enroute to Tokyo. So, what was he doing, then? Laundering money? Finding a niche in the Nipponese sex industry? Smuggling? I have not a clue. But I suggest that Robert and Skippy look in those directions. The Cooper door is closing for them, although they are pushing hard on it in the hopes of getting rich and famous on their circumstantial evidence, especially via a movie deal and riding the GG wave.

Remember, there is a connection between Blevins and Gray, and Robert seems to be surfing hard on the tsunami stirred up by Geoffrey. Skipp Porteus, Robert’s co-author, is the common link between GG and Blevs. Porteous got Gray working on the KC case in 2007, and then later Skippy shifted to Robert, resulting in the Blast saga.

Tina and an Inside Job

I do not believe Tina had any role in the skyjacking. In fact, I’d sooner believe that she was an opponent of those who are responsible and they have found a way to shut her up, which is why she is so angry.

I encourage y’all you to keep reading, distilling the information on Cooper that is available, and use your most discerning judgment on who and what.

Pat 71 wrote:

I have read here and in other places that LD Cooper had never jumped out of a plane. I'd like to hear some folks that have jumped talk about the chances of a novice pulling this jump off. Thanks

A novice would be at an extreme disadvantage, but might, with a ton of luck, have been able to deploy the chute and to land alive.

I've jumped from a DC 9 passenger jet, but it was on a nice sunny day. It wasnt a tough jump.

Look up some earlier posts by Snowmman. He gives an example of a first time jumper pulling off a jet skyjack jump.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I have read here and in other places that LD Cooper had never jumped out of a plane. I'd like to hear some folks that have jumped talk about the chances of a novice pulling this jump off. Thanks

I think Cossey covered that pretty well (he knew
his chute Cooper used) saying: "If he got it open,
he landed".

Overcoming odds & problems inherent in getting
it open is the main issue, and the reason most cite
for him dying..

As I asked you to do earlier - Please go back and read all of the research done on this subject.
We have discussed this particular detail many times. In a nutshell - a novice would had to have been a very lucky man to survive the jump, but it was NOT impossible. The chute was rigged with a left hand pull.

Please go back and read these things - there are new subject that need to be addressed right now. Some of the DZ members who are jumpers have answered this question multiple times over the last 5 yrs. There are pros and cons - GO BACK and READ.

In addition, Alex possessed an uncanny knowledge of the Cooper case and knew the key people to contact for an A+ article, as if he had been coached. I can think of only a handful of candidates for Alex’ mentor and GG is one of them.

So, the coincidences are very great. As a result, I feel like I have been deceived by them.

Hi Bruce, can you tell us more about how these 2 men deceived you? I was looking at the website for this new book, and they cite several suspects and even touch on LD Cooper.

Bruce I have not meant to be so hard on you about Tina and I know you are pissed off. I tried to tell you NOT to do it - that YOU were the wrong person to make any attempt to interview her.

But, you CHARGED right on and you have to understand - some individuals will not respond to what I call being Pushy. Remember I called you down when I was out there because I felt you were pushing in places I didn't want to go, but I had also talked to you over the phone many times and got a drift on how to handle your ways.

I didn't like what we did at the RED LION because it was totally out of character for me. I was NOT there to draw attention to me or to us....but buy me a glass of wine and I even surprise myself at what I will say or do.:)
At any rate we had fun with that guy - except he didn't have a "clue" what we were talking about. I thought that made it even funnier....and one of Duane's Gotcha moments. All we got was a look that said:S and he went about his job as usual.

I do agree with you that I think certain individuals have contrived somethings (I had felt this coming, but didn't know exactly in what form it would materialize).

Even the FBI has been in on this - note they hinted this was coming from the EAST Coast and not the Mid-West. As for Geoffry and Hannaford - I have no idea what they might have Cooked up.
I am now expecting I will not be happy with Geoffrey's book because if you notice both Japan and England did NOT even mention Weber. Weber has faded completely out of the picture - not even in the background.

The neice did NOT seem real - she seemed coached. The old woman had the "do to the devil look on her face" - that said - I 'm having fun with this!

Surely they had a better picture than they produced.When time are hard people do what they think has to be done to survive and why it got out of the bag before they were ready for it.

I do truely hope this is not something Cook cooked up to destroy geoffrys book,

I want to see more pictures about what the man did after this supposed accident and where he went - what kind of employment he did. Who was he. What did he do with his private life.l

Funny - I still think he looks like that picture I made in Salk lake City

Longtimelurker - your alias is clearly designed to deceive. If you were indeed a long time lurker you would know all about the parachute find and subsequent developments (or lack of).

As for that darn journalist who decided to publicize this thread..... :S

Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Longtimelurker - your alias is clearly designed to deceive. If you were indeed a long time lurker you would know all about the parachute find and subsequent developments (or lack of).

As for that darn journalist who decided to publicize this thread..... :S

Not at all , i didnt say i lurked here to read this thread.I was aware of a thread and had been reading the thread the first time round before it was locked.i posted asking about cigarette butts as i remembered many threads directed at Agent Carr about them being lost.I found the parachute story on one of this evenings links was all , sorry to disappoint you , im not here to decieve nor rise to any bait.

My comments on this treatise by Bruce Smith are in italics:
:S)

Georger says: 'GOOD! That means I can skip your post.

I always skip the salesman or self promoter
with the most italics!.'

But you didn't, did you? (*laughs*) I don't need to hand you the shovel. You keep bringing your own.

New photos added ... better take a look vs.
manifestos and bickering -

The FBI is looking at the LD Cooper by the real evidence - fingerprint and DNA - as it should be. This case will be solved.

The fact that there are so many clowns promoting a given suspect entirely on circumstantial evidence is sad - any intelligent person should know that.

KC, Weber and all the other suspects are not Cooper. Heck Weber's DNA is not a match - period. He is categorically ruled out.

THe Dectors show was such a farse - really. This former prosecutor is giving this guy in a motel room legal advice as the cameras were rolling. I howled with laughter.

Rest assured the FBI is taking LD Cooper very seriously. THey will solve this with direct evidence despite the littany of crazies posting, blogging, youtubing, publishing on other suspects that have zero chance of being Cooper.

The FBI is looking at the LD Cooper by the real evidence - fingerprint and DNA - as it should be. This case will be solved.

The fact that there are so many clowns promoting a given suspect entirely on circumstantial evidence is sad - any intelligent person should know that.

KC, Weber and all the other suspects are not Cooper. Heck Weber's DNA is not a match - period. He is categorically ruled out.

Weber wiil not be out of this until the proper procedures have been taken and proper testing done.

Duane's finger prints have NOT been verified, because the FBI did not use the most recent records but use ONE the FBI CLAIMED did NOT exist.
I would be told that file did NOT exist as late as March of 2000.

Yet, they never re-evaluated the prints based on Canon City. The Mc Neil prints will not stand...since the McNeil file was denied by the FBI as late as 2000 - 5 yrs after Weber died.
The FBI never showed proof the McNeil prints where the same as the Canon City prints (we have pictures of Duane at Canon City).

As for DNA - The FBI does NOT even know if they have Coopers' DNA. The tie is questionable because it was NOT put into evidence for something like 4 days or 4 yrs - this tie thing has NOT ever BEEN FULLY discussed with the public...The FBI ignore the tie stories that have circulated and has never used actual documents to document date it was received as evidence no proof of how this evidence was handled.

The FBI had claimed to have lost the cigarrette butt, but from everything we are reading - we can assume they were found - right!

If they were found - then I should have been informed they ran the pipe against the smokes.
Therefore I assume they did not have the smokes.

Since the FBI returned the DNA they collected 8 yrs (2003) after Duane died and did NOT test it for 3 more yrs in 2008. They never checked the DNA on the ropes.

Most of what I sent - I do not know if Duane's DNA was on it. I am a clean freak and nothing was put away that was not cleaned. The items had also been handled by multiple individuals at garage sales other than his watch which I DID not give them.

I just saw something on TV - appears the FBI is NOW going to check other evidence let behind by Cooper - they showed a pic of the chute. Maybe this thread did get a message to the FBI. If Cooper was not wearing Gloves - his dna would be on those ropes he cut.

I feel even if the FBI found Weber's DNA on those rope they would NOT ever admit it. I have offered in this thread to take the watch in and let the FBI swab between the links. The watch is too valuable to be "mailed" to them or to allow them to take possession of. I would never get it back - it would become more lost evidence.

Remember they kept the other stuff for 5 yrs. before returning it after I commented on this in the thread.

The woman tooting her Uncle was only 8 yrs old and it was old family stories she had been told.
Her story paralles my story only I was 39 yrs old when Duane took me to WA and OR and told and showed me the things he did.

Duane Weber confessed to the crime...but I didn't know who Dan Cooooper was.

I held things in my hands but did NOT know the meaning of them - because I did not know who Dan Coooper was and I was unaware of any facts regarding Cooper.

Back in 1995 - if I had known who Dan Cooper was this would all be different. In 1995 Duane confessed. There was more circumstancial evidence at that time and still is concerning Weber.

Because of the media awareness that I have perpetuated in the thread and in other ways - people are more aware of Cooper's existence and it has created a lot of wanna-bees, but I needed the truth and I have not stopped seeking that by any mean available to me...other than to write a book or do a movie which this woman is already doing.

This fact alone - a book and a movie - are suspect this is being perpetrated only for money or as Jerry would put it "Their 15 minutes of Fame".